• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Overlooked Issues You Are Fond of

81 posts in this topic

I was always a sucker for the following Marvel Team-Up Storyline where Spidey goes back in time to battle Cotton Mather and the forces of darkness in Salem, Mass...Scarlet Witch, Vision, Dr. Doom, and Moondragon!

MarvelTeam-Up041.jpg

MarvelTeam-Up042.jpg

MarvelTeam-Up043.jpg

MarvelTeam-Up044.jpg

Fun storyline!

Dan

So then why is it that when several posters gave your hulk annual (myself included) the overt (worship)(worship) , you forgot to berate them on their misunderstanding of the thread? :blahblah: And who are you to say it if it is overlooked, overrated, or underlooked? By what criterion, the JC code of authority? If that is the case, you better report the hulk annual 7 violation to the JC authorities right away, eh?

Huh? The CONTENT from the INSIDE of the Hulk Annual is the reason I posted it - the story ties into the early-New X-Men from 98-99 and closes it off.

And I do admit feeling that CGC has ushered in a wave of neadrathals proclaiming X book is soooo important because some artist drew the cover. doh!

I was always a sucker for the following Marvel Team-Up Storyline where Spidey goes back in time to battle Cotton Mather and the forces of darkness in Salem, Mass...Scarlet Witch, Vision, Dr. Doom, and Moondragon!

Fun storyline!

Dan

Yes, those were good and I really liked the covers.

MTU really had some sleeper stories (and it's share of duds as well).

i dunno joe, putting aside a few obvious issues, a lot of hulks of that era featured fairly forgettable adversaries, this one less so, and what not and that cover is probably one of the best hulk covers during a multi-year stretch (which is perhaps not saying much)... i wasn't even aware of that book and I probably have a long box of BA hulks and have skimmed through perhaps hundreds of thousands of comics, so maybe it's overlooked (aside from the fact that I apparently collect incredibly randomly). not saying i've never seen it, but i would have bought it had i seen it in a dollar box in the NYC area!

not to mention, not that wrightson is really a "marvel artist", but when was his first marvel work?...ok, he did a couple of horror covers earlier than that, but is this the first and only time he did a marvel superhero? (ok, no, 10 or so years later he did the cover for Gargoyle #1, which I assume concerns Gargoyle from the Defenders)

in that respect it is a rare foray into marvel superheroes for mr. wrightson

He also did the cover for Captain Marvel 43

43-9.jpg

Hulk 197 is a tough book to find - there's a guy down here who buys all of them at shows. All of them. His license plate is HULK 197. A little intense, but what can you do.

Speaking of Man Thing, I always thought his 2nd app. (1st in comic format) was always overlooked. It even has Neal Adams art on the Man Thing segment, and it's a picture frame cover. I just bought Greggies copy in the vcc for $8. :cloud9: Haven't had a copy in years

AT12.jpg

Hey, we're trying for overLOOKED comics, not overRATED. doh!

So it's got a Wrightson cover - big whoop, the story isn't anything to write home about, and even the cover is failrly pedestrian compared to other classic BA books.

But on the overall BA Importance Scale, that book doesn't even rate.

Joe Collector would like to nominate Warlord #1. Its the first issue of the second longest running Bronze book right? It must be up there on the (JC) Bronze importance scale. :roflmao:

I am displeased at this statement. However, I am also impressed. You have managed to insult JC and join him in his misinterpretation of this thread in one post. Well Done!! :baiting:

:sumo:

I happen to love The Warlord and Mike Grells work and often feel it is an overlooked title. I also happen to feel that Mike is not as apprectiated as he should be but then its all in my opinion. And thats what this thread is about...learning what other people happen to like in titles/issues that don't fall into the usual collecting circles.

Speaking of Man Thing, I always thought his 2nd app. (1st in comic format) was always overlooked. It even has Neal Adams art on the Man Thing segment, and it's a picture frame cover. I just bought Greggies copy in the vcc for $8. :cloud9: Haven't had a copy in years

AT12.jpg

That's a fav of mine also. I would add Conan 37....and Tomb of Dracula 50. GOD BLESS...

-jimbo(a friend of jesus) (thumbs u