• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Whats wrong with this picture?

12 posts in this topic

I was looking at this old Looney Tunes book from 1948 and came across these two panels, and it struck me as funny.

Bugs' girl is wearing alot of clothes......

saddle shoes

socks

a skirt

a sweater or top

has lipstick

and flowing hair.......

and Bugs is.......

TOTALLY NAKED !!

Bugsnaked.jpg

Ok.....thats all I got :insane:

Not quite totally naked - he's always wearing gloves...

What kind of difference that makes, I just don't know!

Larry

Running around naked like that, he's obviously a sexual predator, he doesn't want to leave prints.

Of course, now that there's DNA testing, he needs to wear another glove. And shave himself bald.

All cartoon characters have weird clothing habits.

Just the other day, my youngest was watching Timothy Goes to School, and it was a swimming episode. She asked me, "Why do all the boys wear only shirts to school with no pants, but when they swim, they have on shorts with no shirts".

No idea, but it's pretty freaking weird.

Timothy%20Goes%20to%20School.jpg

My youngest daughter likes to watch "Little Bear". He doesn't wear a stitch of clothing, but his mother and father are completely clothed. It looks beyond strange when they are all on the screen at the same time.

Larry

Hey, you're right. I missed the gloves. Porky doesn't wear much either. Just a buttonless gown top with a bow tie and a Donald Duck type sailor hat. I wonder what psychiatrists would say this all means.

porky-pig-art.jpg

Mary Jane on the other hand, who is NOT an animal wears a full set of clothes. Maybe females have to be dressed but male characters can run around in almost nothin (shrug)

Larry

Hey, you're right. I missed the gloves. Porky doesn't wear much either. Just a buttonless gown top with a bow tie and a Donald Duck type sailor hat. I wonder what psychiatrists would say this all means.

porky-pig-art.jpg

Mary Jane on the other hand, who is NOT an animal wears a full set of clothes. Maybe females have to be dressed but male characters can run around in almost nothin (shrug)

Love the piggie bow-ties :insane: