• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

What's the deal with hoarding?

198 posts in this topic

If you've got any of those difficult to find - in truly high grade - 1970s Monster Magazines like Quasimodo's Monster Magazine and Movie Monsters, I'll take them. Why do I buy multiples of these? Well, it could be because they're not common in true high grade and not too expensive when you find them. However, I think the real reason is to do with those old ads in other magazines where they used to show back issues - maybe I'm trying to recreate the unread-back-issue department of these mags. Help!

Batman 400

That's right, I totally forgot you were into this issue. You had that WTB thread and the fellow that had a 9.4 never got back to you.

Have you seen all the 9.8s that have been selling on Heritage?

If I start looking at them I'll have to get one. :P

Batman 400

That's right, I totally forgot you were into this issue. You had that WTB thread and the fellow that had a 9.4 never got back to you.

Have you seen all the 9.8s that have been selling on Heritage?

If I start looking at them I'll have to get one. :P

Same here, so I shut the browser quickly. :insane:

Well, this brings up a good point though. How many issues does it take to consider yourself a master hoarder? Is it more than just 2-4 copies, or anything above 1?

IMHO, it gets ridiculous when it starts going over a few copies to 20-50 copies. Then it comes across as if you don't want anyone to have "your book."

I hoard a few issues. SA Subby 6 & 8, FF 51, Batman 400,Conan 10 &275. Probably a few more. I have dropped some of my OCD to concentrate on actually purchasing something to be proud of later this summer. lol

IMG_1172-1.jpg

:cloud9:

IMG_1176-1.jpg

Any body on the boards happen to have hoarded a bunch of MIRACLEMAN or Eagle comics JUDGE DREDD comics like this they might be willing to part with? :wishluck: And ''RockMyAmadeus'' what's so special about this issue? and what do you think is the average grade on all those books? And on the question of hoarding, I only do it with certain issue's, like anything MIRACLEMAN, something I think will become REAL desireable & valuable in the future. Probably sell off the extra books and keep one or two copies of each issue.

Hoarding would fall into an Axis 1 disorder as part of OCD. So the question really comes down to the motivation.

You work in mental health Bill?

I do and I've seen hoarders that make us collectors look like pussycats.

I dont hoard but if i did i dont know which book i would hoard (new thread?), maybe Marvel Two in One #51 :cloud9:

Hoarding would fall into an Axis 1 disorder as part of OCD. So the question really comes down to the motivation.

I dont hoard but if i did i dont know which book i would hoard (new thread?), maybe Marvel Two in One #51 :cloud9:

Why 51? I know it has a heck of a cast that appears in the book, but anything else?

Why 51? I know it has a heck of a cast that appears in the book, but anything else?

I just really loved the cover as a kid, early Miller pencils as well. Mainly the cover, its fantastic. I liked how it was full of characters that were not major players (at least not A list). It was my favourite title as a kid and i am still in love with it now. Neil

My mom has Bipolar, and man you should see her buy stuff. The amount of books she has is quite honestly just scary. Whenever she starts to go a bit manic, out comes the credit card and bang, there goes a couple of thousand pounds in one go.

Not that she stops buying in her better periods, just not as much :insane:

Totally understand. Well, if I am going to hoard (not saying that I'm not on certain issues), for me it would be in priority order:

1) Daredevil 168

2) New Teen Titans 2

3) Batman 400

4) Death Rattle 8 (just love Mark Schultz's artwork)

5) Destroyer Duck 1 (1st Groo, and very underrated in high grade)

6) Starslayer 2 (Dave Stevens :cloud9: )

7) Sandman 1 (1989 series)

8) San Diego Comic Con Comic 2 (1st full Hellboy - my favorite)

These books especially are stories, characters, or creative teams I appreciate so much, I would want a few copies for later in life to pass onto my sons, and ensure they have a couple of copies each. But that's just me.

I bought a book from a collection that was found in a gent's home after he passed away. The story goes that his wife would not let him collect so every Sunday when she went out (to church I believe) that he would go out and buy up all this stuff...comics, toys, etc and hide it in parts of the house until she got back. The books were astounding as they were literally untouched for over 60 years. Amazing stuff!

R.

I just really loved the cover as a kid, early Miller pencils as well. Mainly the cover, its fantastic. I liked how it was full of characters that were not major players (at least not A list). It was my favourite title as a kid and i am still in love with it now. Neil

IMG_1176-1.jpg

Any body on the boards happen to have hoarded a bunch of MIRACLEMAN or Eagle comics JUDGE DREDD comics like this they might be willing to part with? :wishluck: And ''RockMyAmadeus'' what's so special about this issue? and what do you think is the average grade on all those books? And on the question of hoarding, I only do it with certain issue's, like anything MIRACLEMAN, something I think will become REAL desireable & valuable in the future. Probably sell off the extra books and keep one or two copies of each issue.

I would have to check to see the exact amounts, But I have roughly 50 copies each of Miracleman #1,2 and 3..PM me

I would have to check but I may have issue 4 in the same Multiples.

Nice books to have. Were the first 6 issues reprints of the Warrior material, but the 1st American appearance? I think so.