• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

If you could buy a "Key" book but it needed restorarion would you?

Would you buy a Key book if it needed restoration  

264 members have voted

1. 1. Would you buy a Key book if it needed restoration

22 posts in this topic

If you're happy owning a restored book, I would weigh up the cost of the book plus the resto work against what the book would grade out at and how much they fetch. If it's a keeper and works out cheaper then I'd go for it.

I probably just stated the obvious there but still...

Restoration FOR preservation can never be a bad thing, right? If the resto means the book will be around for 50-60 more years in a whole state, I definitely can't have any problems with that.

-slym

Im looking at a possible Flash 123.

Cover is split and off the book

Unless this book is much scarcer and much pricier than I think, I would pass. I would guess that for the price of the Fair book plus the restoration, you can just find a slightly nicer copy. (shrug)

Id buy it...but wouldnt get the resto work

Lets say you had a chance to buy a key book that defined major change in an era but it needed Major work would you buy it?

It all depends on what it looks like. I don't have the extra cash for major restoration work so that means I'm leaving it as is. I'm not a huge fan of comics that are either missing pages or have horrible eye appeal, key book or not. I would probably pass unless I thought I could resell it.