• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Pick you favorite pre-Robin Tec!!

favorite pre-Robin  

228 members have voted

1. 1. favorite pre-Robin

30 posts in this topic

Extremely popular 'round these parts :preach: are the highly desirable and often elusive Key pre-Robin Tecs.

This poll lets you pick your favorite / most desirable, and we'll see which issue is the most popular here on the Boards (assuming more then like 3 or 4 of you vote :insane: )

So, to define "favorite" ---- let's say all are Fine+ unrestored with off-white pages (so condition is consistant), and whichever copy you pick is free, but you can never sell or trade it (keeps money / resale potential out of the equation)

enjoy!

(and of course, please feel to free to tell us why :grin: )

81383.jpg.e514b16d4fcc574732f6dfe7933d5344.jpg

81384.jpg.878889e38a50eed3a6cdaa54442233fe.jpg

81385.jpg.b6d1743101170eccce164a2cef1c9f5a.jpg

81386.jpg.9b1fcd07d73585cd21c086b74731948e.jpg

I would have picked 'Tec #27, but since that wasn't a choice, I'll pick the #31. (shrug)

( I didn't put 27 on the list, becasue polls where 50 out of 50 people all pick the same thing are pretty useless :gossip: )

I see, then you should take #31 off the list as well lol

just kidding.

Looking at these covers in one thread makes me appreciate how wonderful some of the early GA DC superhero covers were. Action and Adventure had some great covers around that time, and the More Fun Spectre run is great as well. (thumbs u

Hi,

I have all of these at one time. My favorite would be a tie between the 31, and 35, but I would maybe give the 31 the edge, so the 31.

The 35 is classic not becuase of the needle, but becuase of the large image of The Batman and his ears going up into the logo.

I could be wrong, but I bet alot of the voters who had #31 as their favorite, had the 35 as their second choice.

Take nothing away from the 29 because it is also a killer cover, as is the 33 (has Batman with "45" in his gun holster (very Shadow-like)

I agree with the other post, the many idf not all people consider the splash page to Detective 35 to be one of the best splash pages in comic book history, if not the Best!! (large image of Batman with the 45's smoking)...WOW!!!!

tec35splash.jpg

q1.jpg

There were a number of documents that surfaced that indicated that the Batman was directly taken from the Shadow (note the cover of the Partners of Peril from 1936, and the similarities to the above Splash page from Detective 35 (1940).

Partners_Strasseradj-11group-2.jpg

Dwight