• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Norman Osborn at it Again (Spoilers)

52 posts in this topic

Ok, posted this over here as I remember the ire of the whole "Sins Past" storyline in the Amazing Spider-Man.

So, I just finished reading ASM # 598 where it was revealed that Norman Osborn was the father of the baby that his son's girlfriend (fiancée to boot) is carrying. Of course, she is a goblin-serum altered baddy (named Menace).

But sheesh, can't writers come up with stories without introducing this Don Juan Norman Osborn getting these twenty somethings?

I don't know, just seems like more Shock and Awe to me.

Of course, I'm a collector first, reader second.

Anyone else read this yet?

Ok, posted this over here as I remember the ire of the whole "Sins Past" storyline in the Amazing Spider-Man.

So, I just finished reading ASM # 598 where it was revealed that Norman Osborn was the father of the baby that his son's girlfriend (fiancée to boot) is carrying. Of course, she is a goblin-serum altered baddy (named Menace).

But sheesh, can't writers come up with stories without introducing this Don Juan Norman Osborn getting these twenty somethings?

I wanna see Beyonder post the scan of his copy of the comic ripped in half. :cloud9:

Are you :censored: ing kidding me?

I reiterate previous remarks: Joe Quesada = Spider-Man's greatest nemesis. How on EARTH can this be considered decent content? Have we really used up all possible storyline possibilities that it's turning into this sort of drivel? I've had a couple drinks which might be why I'm particularly annoyed at hearing this (it's a research paper writing night, so no judgement people! :sumo: ) but really? doh! Doh! doh!

He really has to hate the ASM title to allow this sort of garbage to be published.

Are you :censored: ing kidding me?

I reiterate previous remarks: Joe Quesada = Spider-Man's greatest nemesis. How on EARTH can this be considered decent content? Have we really used up all possible storyline possibilities that it's turning into this sort of drivel? I've had a couple drinks which might be why I'm particularly annoyed at hearing this (it's a research paper writing night, so no judgement people! :sumo: ) but really? doh! Doh! doh!

He really has to hate the ASM title to allow this sort of garbage to be published.

Yes, it's not Stan Lee's Spider-Man for sure. I guess I'm not a fan of the darker stories either.

Norman again?!?! AARRGGGHHH!! Now Peter AND Harry should kill him :sumo:

I'd also settle for the whole "Norman back from the dead" thing to become apocryphal. I'd even make a deal with the devil to arrange it all..................................

The guy who played him in the movies, Willem Dafoe, is married to a lady who's 20 some years younger then he is. For whatever reason, thinking that Dafoe and Osborn are sort of mimicking each other is amusing me more than it should.

So you go, Norman Osborn!

(I also apparently want to spell is name wrong.)

Every once in a while I wonder if I made the right decision giving up my favorite title a second time. (The first was after the Clone Debacle.) Then, I read what's going on in the title currently and am SO glad I'm not reading it just to be frustrated on a weekly basis.

I can't believe I'm living in a world where I legitimately have no interest in a landmark issue of Spider-Man. But 600? No thanks. Hasn't been that good since before 400 anyway. (Although props for a few of the JMS stories, excluding Sins Past, of course.)

200 issues. Spidey has been nearly unreadable for over 10 years now. 10 years. Unreal. It truly saddens me.

On the bright side, maybe AF15 will become affordable again in the future because the title has been bad for 20 years. Or maybe, just maybe, it's getting so valuable because Spidey fans are all collecting backwards through issues instead of forward these days.

-Rob-

Trying to re-assert the male libido as the dominant public stereotype? Damn those "cougars"...

-slym

Why is it such a stretch? Multi - millionaires get 20 something babes out in the real world...

No, that's not far fetched . But really how many people are ok knowing their father and wife/girlfriend went at it? Hey, to each their own, ...

Ok, well had a big long thing typed out about this, but computer messed up and lost it. So here is the short version:

Back in Black was good

This story line is messed up

Norman is pathetically evil

anyone think that Harry recognized Peter and now they are going to team up in the new suit? (which of course will still be able to be controlled or shut down by Norman, come on, Stark did it)

I don't acknowledge anything past ASM 400, which is a shame for an ASM fanatic like myself. Really, this title is the only reason I'm in this hobby, yet I can stand 1/3 of the run.

For me, this title peaked in the early bronze, Kane/Romita era, and I say that as an '80s kid. Heck, besides the covers, I think the Todd M. stuff that everyone my age worships sucks.

I refuse to read 'Sins past' or whatever it's called, as it totally degrades everything about my favorite era of ASM.

I stopped regularly buying Amazing Spider Man at #441.

In all seriousness, I don't know what people expect that they can accomplish with it anymore. I know, people are going to slam me with "a good writer this" and "a good writer that", but there is an intrinsic failure about trying to keep continuity going at approaching 50 + years.

It can't be done logically, so why have all the angst about what's going on?

I mean really, they can't steal away what the comic meant to me when it was relevant 30 years ago. Think about that. 30 years ago. In my honest opinion, the comic book should have been rebooted after twenty years. Hell, that would have included the page where Peter and MJ went to see "The Towering Inferno". meh

All they can hope to do is create fun stories. It strikes me as weird to be concerned about them "denigrating" the memories. If you don't enjoy buying it and reading it, then don't.

I just laugh at what it is now, and move on. I also thank them for in 1998 breaking any need for me to keep the run going, especially since it would cost me $30 to buy every available variant in July. :roflmao:

I also agree, Spider-Man has been going down hill for sometime now, and the BND story line is without a doubt the worst mistake Marvel has made. I gag every time I look at the covers. :sick:

I will however buy the #600, but like so many other collectors collect backwards. :applause:

Here is a silent prayer that MJ makes a comeback and this years worth of drek is just a dream or a parallel(sp) world. doh!

WEBHEAD