• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

X-Men vs. Avengers and FF

12 posts in this topic

You all helped me greatly with deciding to catch up on the Mutant Massacre, so now it's time to ask about another comic I enjoyed as a kid but can't remember much about other than the cost at the time (cover price was more than other comics on the stand).

The X-Men vs. The Avengers and The X-Men vs. The Fantastic Four. Both 4-issue minis.

How were there?

All I remember is that Kitty Pryde was slowly phasing out of existence, which for some reason meant that she couldn't wear clothes any more. This was a pretty big deal for me at the time.

I've got those minis somewhere in the old longboxes. Don't forget the 'Mephisto vs ..' mini too!

I'll have to dissent here.... X-Men vs. FF was one of my favorite stories from the 80s. This is probably the fifth time that I'm commenting on it on these boards.

It had a story that dealt with the aftermath of the MM, which flies in the face of the criticisms that it had no repercussions. If you are a Kitty Pryde, Doctor Doom or Franklin Richards fan - there are some precious moments here.

I still think the art in the series is proof that Bogdanove is one of the great unsung pencillers of the age.

And the Reed Richards drama is one of the freshest takes on the FF in the last 25 years.

I know its a pretty overblown review, but I really don't think that its as bad as many remember. Give it a try and decide for yourself.

Wait, these minis had something to do with the Mutant Massacre? hm

Well, just XM vs FF.

X-Men vs Avengers was about the Avengers bringing Magento to an international court for crimes against humanity, I believe. I was just okay as far as I remember.

Like most others here I read them at the time but dont remember much but thanks for the recap camera, dont think they were too bad after all.

But i do remember thinking they didnt require being on Baxter paper which wasnt used much back then - the arcs werent that special to warrant the paper

I remember liking the X Men vs Avengers mini. I think I'll dig them out for a read again.