• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

PROBATION DISCUSSIONS
21 21

36,203 posts in this topic

It has always been my understanding that :takeit: means it is a done deal. Not "I'll take it provided that you live in my country" or "I'll take it provided that I haven't forgotten that shipping is expensive." If you want to haggle, use a PM. Around here the :takeit: is a contract.

That's the way it ought to be, but I have seen lots of folks posting like " :takeit: pending PM" lately, which I loosely interpret as "I'll take it pending your acceptance of my beat down on asking price or shipping." I think that's pretty darned rude, and as you say, oughta be done in a PM prior to ever using the :takeit:

I agree and the thing is that he didn't even say "pending PM" he said "per PM" which imply's that we had come to some agreement and he went ahead and bought the books when in fact i hadn't even seen his PM until an hour after he posted the :takeit: which might have caused me lost sales because someone else wanted the same books.

:takeit: means you are buying the books, end of story. I don't mind doing deals but to expect a $38 lot for $35 shipped when shipping is going to cost me over $20 (there were DVDs as well) is just plain rude and obnoxious.

What part of miscalculated didn't you understand.. The total value of the lot was NEVER in question.. it was the shipping.. and now the shipping would have cost 20$??.. didn't you give me an option of $12.00?.. as well.. the offer I made was a starting point.. figuring we could go somewhere in the middle (which is the case with 99% of the people on here) instead you flame out (took maybe 15 seconds.. must be the time of the month). and post it on this thread before the board even loaded... incredible, I know this guy has more "posts" then me and there for will get backed up much more.. but that doesn't matter.. I have dealt with and talked with some really GOOD guys here for the most part.. but you cant expect everyone to be decent.. this guy is the 1st (and probably not the last) uptight comic seller on this board.. didn't even let the argument go more then 45 seconds before posting a BS reply on this thread.. All I know is I have had 2 sales already that were pulled out of.. both coming to more then 150 EACH and haven't posted EITHER on here.. due to the fact that you can understand if someone screws up or misreads something and a deal isnt stuck.. what this guy did is not only un called for.. its outrages of 4 comics under 6 Dollars each and a dvd.. you would have thought I screwed up a $400+ deal! I think I explained myself enough... sorry once again (15th time.. since the 1st 14 didn't do a damn thing).. thanks

I would like to add SpiderJay300. He posts an :takeit: and THEN sends a PM wanting a discount AND free international shipping AFTER he hit the BIN only to back out doh!

How many days have passed since the :takeit: was posted?

45 seconds (in which we "discussed" the shipping, in which was too high then pulled back.. it all took a matter of AT MOST 2 mins.. a tad to fast to post this issue/BS on this thread...

1 hour and 4 minutes according to the PM's in which time you successfully derailed my thread that i spent all day posting and possibly lost me customers, thanks! (thumbs u

We also didn't "discuss" anything. You PRESUMED i would accept your derisory offer.

10:21 to :11.06 is over an hour?.. and thats via PMs.. if you go by threads alittle more then 15 mins.. (to PM)

I would like to add SpiderJay300. He posts an :takeit: and THEN sends a PM wanting a discount AND free international shipping AFTER he hit the BIN only to back out doh!

How many days have passed since the :takeit: was posted?

45 seconds (in which we "discussed" the shipping, in which was too high then pulled back.. it all took a matter of AT MOST 2 mins.. a tad to fast to post this issue/BS on this thread...

1 hour and 4 minutes according to the PM's in which time you successfully derailed my thread that i spent all day posting and possibly lost me customers, thanks! (thumbs u

We also didn't "discuss" anything. You PRESUMED i would accept your derisory offer.

10:21 to :11.06 is over an hour?.. and thats via PMs.. if you go by threads alittle more then 15 mins.. (to PM)

You've proven you can't read, we already knew you couldn't write proper sentences and now you've proven you can't count between 10:00am and 11:04am. Congratulations ScarletSpiderFan :applause:

Did you pop $38 in BINs...then ask to pay $35 shipped?

In a nutshell. (worship)

But clearly, that's fine, because he 'misunderstood' the fact that shipping from the UK is not cheap. meh

And he clearly didn't mean the :takeit: anyway....that is, always was, and always will be the first step on the road of lengthy negotiations. meh

That's exactly what he did. It would be like me going to Walmart, picking out $38 worth of stuff, taking it to the cashier, make her ring them up, she asks for the $38 total and i say "i'll pay you $35 after you deliver them to my door".

personally i don’t see why changing your mind on a bin is such a big crime. i understand it could be frustrating as a seller.

but better you know up front that you’re not going to get his money then, (as i have heard happen before) the book shipping before payment. and then never hearing from him again. plus you can just re-list it.

You mean its wrong to get $38 dollars worth of merchandise, then ask the seller to eat half the sales dollars to cover international shipping??!??!? :o

Ooops, looks like I've been ripping Flaming_Telepath off big time... :insane:

Sorry Nick :devil:

lol

personally i don’t see why changing your mind on a bin is such a big crime. i understand it could be frustrating as a seller.

but better you know up front that you’re not going to get his money then, (as i have heard happen before) the book shipping before payment. and then never hearing from him again. plus you can just re-list it.

I think the $35 offer is what's fueling this issue.

If someone offered me $35 shipped after popping $38 worth of books....I would have told them to go Juststopit.DoyouWANTastrike? themselves with zero hesitation.

I asked for $35.00 shipped because when adding up the total of books I added 1 to many books ($3.00 extra).. never meant for a discount on the sale of the books.. just the shipping.. which within 2 PM replies ended up on this thread.. I never got a chance to even correct the mistake or anything.. whatever though.. seems like all is against me on this one.. and rightfully so (for the most part).. I said it was my mistake from the start.. (which was within mins).. looks like 1 little mistake and all is against you (even though ive done quite a few purchases/sales through this site and none of which ever went sour...) (shrug)

I think the $35 offer is what's fueling this issue.

If someone offered me $35 shipped after popping $38 worth of books....I would have told them to go Juststopit.DoyouWANTastrike? themselves with zero hesitation.

But if someone offered me $35 shipped before popping $38 worth of books...all would be right with the world.

That's the problem...take a deal to the seller, thrash it out, agree yes or no...then go post the little :takeit: er.

There was never an intent to drag out anything I wanted these books and intended on paying right away (like always!).. but I didnt see the shipping prices..(I figured it would be 5-7$ since I have dealt with UK sellers before) to me paying almost as much on shipping as the total of books is too much.. ($22) and when I found out I let him know right away and was really nice and apologetic about it.. only to see within mins our convo in this thread.. ripping me a new one.. I dunno.. to me. it was completely uncalled for and rather babyish.. being a "seller" you should have a tad more patients .. oh well

thats what I also do If I want to beat down the price of the comics.. which WASNT the case with this deal! the ONLY issue was the VERY high cost of shipping and the instant refusal of any type of deal followed by posting this deal in the thread before I could even reply!!..

Hey Nick,

how could you ship comics to the US for $5-$7? Put an address label and postage right on the comic bag itself? Or put the comic in an envelope with no cardboard? :o

$30.00 in postage for sweeeeeeeeeeeeeeeet X-Men from Nick = :cloud9: :cloud9:

There was never an intent to drag out anything I wanted these books and intended on paying right away (like always!).. but I didnt see the shipping prices..(I figured it would be 5-7$ since I have dealt with UK sellers before) to me paying almost as much on shipping as the total of books is too much.. ($22) and when I found out I let him know right away and was really nice and apologetic about it.. only to see within mins our convo in this thread.. ripping me a new one.. I dunno.. to me. it was completely uncalled for and rather babyish.. being a "seller" you should have a tad more patients .. oh well

$5-7 for shipping on SEVEN books & THREE DVD's to a different country? Even when it says 1-4 books are $12?? WTF is wrong with you. I even offered you $12 surface mail and said i would cover the rest but that wasn't good enough for you.

I'm done with this because it's like talking to a brick wall. Im just glad others agree with me and i have warned others which was my only intention after you flunked. You are just a time waster and i've seen countless WTB threads from you without a single transaction taking place because you enjoy wasting people's time :takeit:

Let me give you some advice.

you need to check carefully before posting an :takeit: You need to check for overseas sellers. Once you post an :takeit: you should be responsible for following through with the deal reguardless of a suprise in shipping costs.