• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

PROBATION DISCUSSIONS
21 21

36,203 posts in this topic

Connor deserved it. He spun one wildass tale to get out of that deal.

Spot on...and you'll notice that people don't bring it up unless he acts as if he's above reproach (i.e. tries to give advice concerning how to deal with deadbeats)...

Jim

Or unless they feel like it, like pirate does.

You and CC should get married, spoon and have babies together. :blahblah:

:screwy: And look at your avatar. Zap Underground? You probably sit around and look that :censored: all day, because it is as close to :censored: you will ever get.

Hey, I've got nothing against Gay men, if you like looking at sausage all day long in your own home room, go ahead...

I think Jimi was straight, but I bet he was open minded also...

Edited by 50 Cent #II (1st)

You and CC should get married, spoon and have babies together. :blahblah:

:screwy: And look at your avatar. Zap Underground? You probably sit around and look that :censored: all day, because it is as close to :censored: you will ever get.

Hey, I've got nothing against Gay men, if you like looking at sausage all day long in your own home room, go ahead...

I think Jimi was straight, but I bet he was open minded also...

:odoh! WTF

I always saw the probation list as an "enter at your own risk" sign.

Boardies are under no obligation not to deal with the people on the probation list but don't cry if you get burned.

Which is what I thought the point was of the list, But I could be wrong.

Agreed. Also, it entitles other members to rag on you unmercifully if you do a deal with someone on the probation list. ;)

Fixed that for you.

If the deal goes okay, why would I rag on him? (shrug)

Personally, I think it's crummy to sell to someone who owes another boardmember money, but obviously opinions differ.

Gotcha, wasn't looking at it from that perspective.

No worries october. old man has now apologized for conduct in our past dealings, and he has sent me a paypal payment for the one remaining book remaining from our past transaction.

I now echo october's request to have old man removed from the probation list.

Rehabilitation is possible :acclaim:

Personally, I think it's crummy to sell to someone who owes another boardmember money, but obviously opinions differ.

But most of these non-deals will never be completed, as there is just too much bad blood between the parties.

But most of these non-deals will never be completed, as there is just too much bad blood between the parties.

You could be right, though I have put at three people on the probation list who subsequently made good and were removed by me.

Ah ,.... common sense would tell me that if I was to do a deal w/ the guy that's in charge of the Probation thread (Divad) , ..that I might want to conduct a smoth transaction . (shrug)(shrug) ............BH

Ah ,.... common sense would tell me that if I was to do a deal w/ the guy that's in charge of the Probation thread (Divad) , ..that I might want to conduct a smoth transaction . (shrug)(shrug) ............BH

First of all, a smoth transaction is a bit different, like smooth as in a moth which can be a bit dusty. Second, knucklehead, the initial infraction (50 Cent's) was what caused Divad to start the probation thread in the first place. :makepoint: I might be mistaken, though--and if so, someone give me a return :makepoint::sumo:

First of all, a smoth transaction is a bit different, like smooth as in a moth which can be a bit dusty. Second, knucklehead, the initial infraction (50 Cent's) was what caused Divad to start the probation thread in the first place. :makepoint: I might be mistaken, though--and if so, someone give me a return :makepoint::sumo:

Don't worry Noob !.............................. :makepoint:.........................BH

Divad started the Probation thread partly because of me and I was one of the 1st on the list. I hit the buy it now on one of his FS threads last year for a few small FF books. Told him I needed some time to send payment (no specific time line was stated), while I waited for a check from ComicLink that took way too long. He agreed, but after some time started the probation thread and put me on it without asking for the payment again or warning. I did some further deals and made payments on time soon afterwards and others stated I should be taken off the list which I was. I've done many sales and buys since then without complaints and only positive Kudos. I never completed the deal with Divad because I didn't agree with how he went about doing it without notice and don't want to give my money over to someone with such a *spoon*y attitude. After that he would troll my posts for a short while and since he's been on my ... That's the short of it.

Hey bro and he rightfully should have started a thread on your asss. People like you who agree to buy things and don't have the money (or the credit) on the spot shouldn't be collecting. Honestly what in gods name where you thinking when you attempted to wait on a Comiclink check that you know damn well might take a month plus to come in? (shrug) Moreover you didn't even have the decency to tell him what you were doing up front. That is part of your problem, trying to connive your way into making a deal. As a seller I hate when people "try" to pull this stunt on me. I NEVER put up with it and usually just end making fun of and reporting them to whomever. The jokes on you.

Kinda harsh. I dont see why you get so worked up on this ? And I think 50 is long off the list. I have bought from him and everything went smooth. (shrug)

Edited by The Resurrection

Don't worry Noob !.............................. :makepoint:.........................BH

Noob? You ain't exactly a veteran there, Texas lad.

You could be right, though I have put at three people on the probation list who subsequently made good and were removed by me.

Perhaps if the person really wanted off the list and the other party was an imovable object they could offer to send the owed cash to a charity.

This would work good for small amounts owed like $20.

(thumbs u