• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

PROBATION DISCUSSIONS
21 21

36,203 posts in this topic

I bought and paid for a Spider-Man #1 CGC 9.8 Gold Edition from tablism (Chris Venutian) here on the boards a few weeks ago. He of course doesn't accept Paypal so I sent him a money order. He acknowledged receiving the money order through PM and said he was shipping it out on Friday, July 11th but here it is 13 days later and it still hasn't arrived. He was supposed to ship it via Priority Mail box with insurance so it should have arrived long before now.

I've sent him 2 PM's about this and he of course hasn't read either one of them (deliberately I imagine) and won't respond in any way. So I would recommend not buying anything from tablism here on the boards or anywhere else.

Mike

It's only been 13 days since he was supposed to have shipped the book to you. Besides the fact that the rules of this thread allow a longer period than that before someone gets put on the probation list, I think it's also a little quick for you to start saying no one should buy from him.

So what's the deal? 13 days with no communication would rank at best crappy service...i.e., if you were going on vacation or whatever you would PM the buyers before leaving so everyone knew the score...why isn't anyone saying what the deal is??? (shrug)

I bought and paid for a Spider-Man #1 CGC 9.8 Gold Edition from tablism (Chris Venutian) here on the boards a few weeks ago. He of course doesn't accept Paypal so I sent him a money order. He acknowledged receiving the money order through PM and said he was shipping it out on Friday, July 11th but here it is 13 days later and it still hasn't arrived. He was supposed to ship it via Priority Mail box with insurance so it should have arrived long before now.

I've sent him 2 PM's about this and he of course hasn't read either one of them (deliberately I imagine) and won't respond in any way. So I would recommend not buying anything from tablism here on the boards or anywhere else.

Mike

It's only been 13 days since he was supposed to have shipped the book to you. Besides the fact that the rules of this thread allow a longer period than that before someone gets put on the probation list, I think it's also a little quick for you to start saying no one should buy from him.

So what's the deal? 13 days with no communication would rank at best crappy service...i.e., if you were going on vacation or whatever you would PM the buyers before leaving so everyone knew the score...why isn't anyone saying what the deal is??? (shrug)

TR.....the seller (tablism) has reported back that the comic was found at his local post office this morning. Something about him screwing up and not adding my address at the automatic mailing machine at the post office. It will supposedly arrive tomorrow via overnight Express Mail. I'll let all of you know if it actually gets here tomorrow.

Mike

Mike

TR.....the seller (tablism) has reported back that the comic was found at his local post office this morning. Something about him screwing up and not adding my address at the automatic mailing machine at the post office. It will supposedly arrive tomorrow via overnight Express Mail. I'll let all of you know if it actually gets here tomorrow.

Mike

:applause:

Mike

Never mind...just read the thread in Comics General... :insane::o

13 days IS crappy service, no one is denying that, particularly if the seller didn't give any notice to the buyer that he's going to be taking off and won't be able to ship the book out right away. The buyer should definitely be putting on a lot of pressure privately. BUT, 13 days is not crappy enough that the buyer needs to start going ballistic publicly.

13 days IS crappy service, no one is denying that, particularly if the seller didn't give any notice to the buyer that he's going to be taking off and won't be able to ship the book out right away. The buyer should definitely be putting on a lot of pressure privately. BUT, 13 days is not crappy enough that the buyer needs to start going ballistic publicly.

They both did.. :gossip:

Mike

Mike

UPDATE: All is well. :grin:

I just went to the post office to ship some comics and as soon as Deb saw me she said "Hey, I have an express package for you." So after I was done inside and went out to the car, I opened the box and there was the Spider-Man #1 CGC 9.8 Gold Edition from Chris. So he followed through on what he stated on Thursday and Friday.

Thanks for completing the transaction and it's unfortunate the way the whole thing worked out. (shrug)

Mike

P.S. Chris - you were wrong. You DID add a freebie in there - a Spider-Man #1 Green Edition. Thanks!

Mike

Mike

UPDATE: All is well. :grin:

I just went to the post office to ship some comics and as soon as Deb saw me she said "Hey, I have an express package for you." So after I was done inside and went out to the car, I opened the box and there was the Spider-Man #1 CGC 9.8 Gold Edition from Chris. So he followed through on what he stated on Thursday and Friday.

Thanks for completing the transaction and it's unfortunate the way the whole thing worked out. (shrug)

Mike

P.S. Chris - you were wrong. You DID add a freebie in there - a Spider-Man #1 Green Edition. Thanks!

Too bad it had to be a board drama, but we all have our days. congrats on getting your books.

Time for all to kiss and make up (hugs for some of you? :shrug:)

:banana::banana::banana:

Where's BH (Big Hugs) when you need him? :grin:

Nice--big hug Hooks--didn't realize that was the philosophy behind his screen name......:kidaround:.................Speaking of drama, maybe it's time for another bhhooks22 sales thread...........:whistle:

On the plus side, this is the most activity this thread has seen in a few weeks. That's a good sign.

At least until I start sending out my overgraded drek.

On the plus side, this is the most activity this thread has seen in a few weeks. That's a good sign.

:baiting:

I think all you clowns just need a big hug and everything will be fine ....... :whistle:

I think all you clowns just need a big hug and everything will be fine ....... :whistle:

Hooks! How's it shaking, brutha? What's new?

Hooks! How's it shaking, brutha? What's new?

:makepoint:........................................................ :P