• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

PROBATION DISCUSSIONS
21 21

36,203 posts in this topic

The stuff about gilberto and s-o-t should go in the Discussion thread, not probation.

Agreed, I apologize for the mis-placed post! :foryou:

Well, I've got one for you guys, even if it is a minor one. I had 8 nice BA caps in the for sale thread on the cheap. They all sell in a lot except for the 227 which is bought by a poster by the name of NEXTLVL. He insists on paying by money order, which is no problem, but I thought it odd for a $4 book. After a month he never paid, even though I politely pm'd him about the book, which I saw that he did indeed read. Granted this is a $4 book, and I could care less about the money, I never make a profit on sales threads, in fact I always lose money, its usually for fun and to move things I just don't need, or for a few bucks gas money if I have bought too much that week. I have since given it away at my shipping expense to the person who bought the rest. The point is, this guy could really cause problems if he tries to buy any higher priced items from someone else. Once again, his handle is NEXTLVL and he is easily recognized by his illiterate posting style, which also leads me to believe he is really just a kid. I don't want anything from the guy, this is just a heads up to the rest of you.

Edited by MikeMosley

I don't want to jump the gun - I see what a mess is going on with one of the sale threads- but can some one answer me a question ?

How long after someone has recieved books , should I expect payment ?

The board memeber told me they would paypal me. Books have been there several days (per return mail receipt) with no payment or response to PM (though they have been marked as read).

The buyer is a long time board member- and appears to be well respected (which is why I shipped before payment.)

Thanks, and if I am jumping the gun just tell me to cool down

I don't want to jump the gun - I see what a mess is going on with one of the sale threads- but can some one answer me a question ?

The board memeber told me they would paypal me. Books have been there several days (per return mail receipt) with no payment or response to PM (though they have been marked as read).

The buyer is a long time board member- and appears to be well respected (which is why I shipped before payment.)

doh! Never ship before payment. No one expects that.

To answer your question, most people make payment pretty quickly, but for the purposes of this probation thread I think the time period is 30 days.

As a new seller on the baord selling to an established member, it seems reasonable to agree to send books before payment.

How long has it been since the books were received?

As a new seller on the board selling to an established member, it seems reasonable to agree to send books before payment.

How long has it been since the books were received?

I agree. I don't think it was a mistake to ship the books and I'm sure you'll get payment. I'd say wait one more week, but definitely send another message. Another little trick if you think he's reading but ignoring your PMs is to try to get a 3rd member to intervene for you, before it all goes public.

I'm assuming it took the books a week or so to get there so it has been over a week since the transaction began. I think a week is plenty of time unless he P.M.ed you and requested a delay. Not sure I would get too upset yet but another few days and you might post his name here. It is possible he is on holidays or in the hospital or a dozen other *fork* reasons. I did have a deal with a long time, well respected member who never paid or replyed to my messages after he agreed to buy.

Sometimes, people read messages from electronic devices but are away from their regular computer and can't answer, or don't want to send Paypal from a remote computer. It's the weekend, I'd give it a few more days, but I certainly would not wait a month.

I dunno, I think waiting for payment, for 30 days, when you still have the item, is different from SENDING payment...and not getting the items, or sending the items, and not getting paid, in those cases one person is out something.

The other thing to check is whether the buyer is still a participant in the PM, if they have removed themselves from the thread the PM will show as unread by none as soon as you send it. Check the My Message page to confirm they are still a listed participant.

Sometimes, people read messages from electronic devices but are away from their regular computer and can't answer, or don't want to send Paypal from a remote computer.

Good point and as we've seen this summer, some people have to travel for work (including internationally) and can be gone for a week or two.

Another tip is to check their profile page and see if they have an email address listed.