• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

PROBATION DISCUSSIONS
21 21

36,203 posts in this topic

I posted the BIN for a book that I really wanted, and now I am being told that he can't sell the book to me because of communications via PM :mad:

:takeit: rules

Edited by pennynike1

It sure is. The book was purchased on the boards per the seller's terms, and he is now attempting to state that he agreed to the sale prior to my posting my posting the :takeit: sign in his thread :tonofbricks:

Book is mine in my opinion, and I have been accepting conrats in the selling thread for an hour so now...

Exactly, the book is rightfully and truly mine.

rangers 26 is pennynike's. seller has to cowboy-up and tell the p.m.'er "sorry, but rules are rules." p.m.'er could have simply hit the bin like 'nike did.

this will be extremely poor form on the seller's part if alex doesn't get this book. mods should bar him from selling.

Thanks for the support Billy. These were the terms, and I hit the :takeit: sign per those terms:

Ok all, it's about 1:30 in the am here in lovely :sick: Ohio so I have to catch some z's.

I will answer all PM's first thing in the morning. If you want to make an offer, feel free. Please keep in mind that :takeit: trumps.

Mike

Thanks for the support Billy. These were the terms, and I hit the :takeit: sign per those terms:

Ok all, it's about 1:30 in the am here in lovely :sick: Ohio so I have to catch some z's.

I will answer all PM's first thing in the morning. If you want to make an offer, feel free. Please keep in mind that :takeit: trumps.

Mike

Well, I think that is pretty unambiguous.

It doesn't sound like it is going to resolved on the seller's end. I have now received word from him that he is going to sell to the other board member, regardless of what any of the mods have to say.

A perfectly good Sunday ruined with foolishness doh!

Mike

Unfortunately it wasn't clear enough as the above appears to read that :takeit: trumps offers but not whether it needs to be a thread posted :takeit: to trump everything, as some sellers specify.

If the PM was an accepted offer then it definitely should have been marked as sold when offer was accepted to remove the book from the market.

It may not be as clear cut as it appears. What happens if by PM the seller informs a buyer that he agrees to his terms, but before he can post the news in his thread someone hits the BIN? I'm not saying this is what happened in this case, but I've always worried that would happen to me in my selling threads. In that situation I think I would tell the BIN person I'm sorry, I just arranged a sale by PM and was just about to post that in the thread.

However, if you've been taking congratulations for an hour, that suggests the seller is did not update the thread in a timely manner. It also opens him up to suspicion that he arranged a sale after you hit the BIN for more money.

Bad situation...

After reviewing and following the thread, it appears pennynike has a legit beef. If I was the seller, I'd have no problem going back to the PM'er and letting him/her know that per my terms, the "I'll take it" supersedes the PM sale. Hopefully, you guys can resolve this amicably. (thumbs u

Edited by snitzer

It may not be as clear cut as it appears. What happens if by PM the seller informs a buyer that he agrees to his terms, but before he can post the news in his thread someone hits the BIN? I'm not saying this is what happened in this case, but I've always worried that would happen to me in my selling threads. In that situation I think I would tell the BIN person I'm sorry, I just arranged a sale by PM and was just about to post that in the thread.

However, if you've been taking congratulations for an hour, that suggests the seller is did not update the thread in a timely manner. It also opens him up to suspicion that he arranged a sale after you hit the BIN for more money.

Bad situation...

I'd avoid speculation as it's only going to add fuel to the fire. However, you are on to something with letting the thread go w/o being updated. hm

Mike

Unfortunately it wasn't clear enough as the above appears to read that :takeit: trumps offers but not whether it needs to be a thread posted :takeit: to trump everything, as some sellers specify.

If the PM was an accepted offer then it definitely should have been marked as sold when offer was accepted to remove the book from the market.

Yep, I agree. The :takeit: can be posted in a PM just the same as in the public forum. If the :takeit: was at full price via PM or Public, the earliest post should win. ( and they all have a time stamp)

Yes, it could and should have been written more clearly, but a seller can't be expected to monitor the boards 24/7 and immediately post that the boo has sold via PM.

Since "offers" is the only term mentioned in the terms. I would take it to mean :takeit: trumps in negotiations or offers that have not been accepted. Which IMO is the way it should always be.

Bad situation...

Bad situation indeed. It sounds like the situation that you have articulated in your post is pretty close to how things broke down. However, I have not seen the proof to back this up, and PM posts can be modified. Per the PM's that I have, I have every reason to believe the book is mine. The fact that I received congrats from so many people after posting the BIN, and the fact that the seller didn't mark the book sold after he allegedly rceived a PM, just ads to a confusing situation.

Edited by pennynike1