• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

PROBATION DISCUSSIONS
20 20

36,203 posts in this topic

As much as I agree that Yannis (and Muscleshark/DRFRANKENSTEIN and Dekeuk ...) should be placed in the Hall of Shame I do also think that the only one that can put him there is the person that got the short end of the stick in that deal from hell.

And even if they do not end up in the list, it's equally important that the board never forgets who they are and they are capable of as they have zero scruples when it comes to making money and don't care who they step on to reach their target.

I agree and I think it's dumb that someone is added by popular, or in this case unpopular, vote. If the wronged party doesn't have the wherewithal to do it, then tough titty.

Really? but tough titty to who?(or is it for whom?) the next guy? that doesnt seem right either.

Welcome to the gray area. I'm not a fan of Dr. Frank and I'm not here as his champion, but addition to the probation list based on popular vote isn't right.

How about instead of letting him play in the grey area he's put on the list until a better resolution is found?

Here's a possible solution. Probation just for selling? No problems buying.

Are you going to be the one keeping track of which Probation list members are allowed to sell - which are allowed to buy - and which aren't allowed to do either?

How about something like this?

size:14pt]:bump: 5/3/10 PROBATION LIST UPDATE :bump: [/size]

THE HALL OF SHAME

The following Board Members have been elected by the community to the

Probation List's "Hall of Shame" for gross misconduct as members in the

Marketplace Forum:

(Dr. Frankenstein aka muscleshark Selling only added)

•  
  • Herald2Galactus
    (Inaugural Member & 1st "Hall of Shame" Member)

• gilbertotorres
    (added 11/5/08 - 2nd "Hall of Shame" Member)

• ComicSupply
    (added 10/28/08 - 3rd "Hall of Shame" Member)

• CAP freak
    (added 5/21/09 - 4th "Hall of Shame" Member)

• AlleyBat aka BucOne aka WolfHulk aka Roxx Gang aka MarkWeb aka lastyle7
    (added 5/23/08 - 5th "Hall of Shame" Member)

• TFL
    (added 6/2/09 - 6th "Hall of Shame" Member)

• Dr. Frankenstein aka muscleshark
    (added 5/3/10 - 7th "Hall of Shame" Member)

THE PROBATION LIST

The following Board Members are currently on "Probation" for failure to complete

a Marketplace Forum transaction in good faith after one month's time:

[*] aaron568 (added 11/6/08)

[*] BATMANFAN (added 2/9/10)

[*] bkwon12 (added 10/08/09)

[*] brasseye (added 7/2/09)

[*] bronzejunkie (added 3/26/07)

[*] Chrissr (added 12/22/09)

[*] clobberintime (added 11/7/07)

[*] comicmankev (added 3/27/07)

[*] DarkKnight2K4 (added 4/24/08)

[*] donavan74 (added 3/27/07)

[*] erbdom (added 12/08/09)

[*] ffxmen14 (added 4/12/10)

[*] Ghastly (added by majority vote 12/3/07)

[*] Henchman (added 4/25/08)

[*] HGComics (added 10/7/09)

[*] kevin109 (added 4/19/10)

[*] Lighthouse (added 6/13/07)

[*] Marc Wolfe (added 9/15/08)

[*] matewan1990 (added 3/3/08)

[*] mikeggg (added 3/18/10)

[*] mishu2nite (added 3/3/10)

[*] mjacobs8 (added 1/24/09)

[*] Nascar (added 6/2/07)

[*] NEXTLVL (added 10/12/08)

[*] rza808 (added 12/29/08)

[*] Sid (added 8/8/07)

[*] SilverSlinky (added 11/20/09)

[*] SIXX_VAN_ROSE (added 11/7/08)

[*] SpiderJay300 (added 9/15/07)

[*] Superman20 (added 12/18/07)

[*] Taz007 aka Thesavros (added 7/15/09)

[*] THATONEGUY (added 1/11/08)

[*] TVanderZwaag (added 6/23/09)

You may not realize this, but much of the selling goes on behind the scenes, and especially off the WTB section. What's to keep unsuspecting buyers from realizing what he does with deslabbed books if it is not clear across the board this forumite did something wrong?

Cap Freak was on the probation list - then off - then on - then off - then on - then off - and played people for fools because of our kind hearts we probably learned about from our zany superhero books.

Cut this guy off now from ALL activity so he has no reason to be here - no buying to feed his collecting habits, then he dries up and disappears. Otherwise, he'll play the system and catch innocent buyers who are new and don't know enough to check the probation list first.

As much as I agree that Yannis (and Muscleshark/DRFRANKENSTEIN and Dekeuk ...) should be placed in the Hall of Shame I do also think that the only one that can put him there is the person that got the short end of the stick in that deal from hell.

And even if they do not end up in the list, it's equally important that the board never forgets who they are and they are capable of as they have zero scruples when it comes to making money and don't care who they step on to reach their target.

I agree and I think it's dumb that someone is added by popular, or in this case unpopular, vote. If the wronged party doesn't have the wherewithal to do it, then tough titty.

Really? but tough titty to who?(or is it for whom?) the next guy? that doesnt seem right either.

Welcome to the gray area. I'm not a fan of Dr. Frank and I'm not here as his champion, but addition to the probation list based on popular vote isn't right.

How about instead of letting him play in the grey area he's put on the list until a better resolution is found?

Are you going to be the one keeping track of which Probation list members are allowed to sell - which are allowed to buy - and which aren't allowed to do either?

How about something like this?

Yep, that's great - now please do it for everyone else on the list.

I'm sure that TFL is going to be very happy that he's now allowed to sell on the boards :applause:

I'm sure that TFL is going to be very happy that he's now allowed to sell on the boards :applause:

TFL stiffed someone to the Nth degree.

I'm not disappointed Frank's on the list, but he did not arrive there via the proper channels.

I'm not disappointed Frank's on the list, but he did not arrive there via the proper channels.

You usually make a lot of sense ( :o ), but this time around I have to disagree.

So we know he plays games selling books on here, and got caught at it before someone gets burned. So now we wait until he really gets a sale before putting him on the list?

Seriously?

The Doc has a point. If board members can vote people in then why note vote yannis in? Is it because he's more popular with board members?

The Doc has a point. If board members can vote people in then why note vote yannis in? Is it because he's more popular with board members?

In Yannis' case there is a wronged party - and it's up to that person to decide whether he goes on the probation list or not.

In Yannis' case there is a wronged party - and it's up to that person to decide whether he goes on the probation list or not.

Come on bud, we can say that there is a wrong party in franks case (the board members) same thing. No difference.

I agree. I guess sometimes the ends justify the means.

So, in the absence of the wronged party stepping up, then we should just throw his name on a ballot and let the chips fall where they may, right?

Come on bud, we can say that there is a wrong party in franks case (the board members) same thing. No difference.

Did an actual transaction take place with that Avengers 57 before the history was revealed?

I agree. I guess sometimes the ends justify the means.

That's a tricky precedent to establish.

Did an actual transaction take place with that Avengers 57 before the history was revealed?

No you just helped with my point. No transaction IMO Yannis is more guilty than Frank is (and I think Frank is guilty).

No you just helped with my point. No transaction IMO Yannis is more guilty than Frank is (and I think Frank is guilty).

No, what you wrote was "there is a wrong party in franks case (the board members)".

And, hey, those are the people who voted to put him in the Hall of Shame.

No. I'd look at it this crazy way.

There is no impacted party that wants to ensure other board members don't get burned in the future. So it is up to the forum to police itself in this case.

I know - zany as can be thinking community justice where no justice can be enforced otherwise. Maybe too many western comics.

(shrug)

So, in the absence of the wronged party stepping up, then we should just throw his name on a ballot and let the chips fall where they may, right?

I honestly thought that that was the main purpose of the Probation List / Hall of Shame - to warn the community about people who can't be trusted to conduct their marketplace transactions in an honest manner. Whether it's a single wronged person - or the community as a whole - that steps up the plate is irrelevant to me.

I get your point, but it still equates to giving Frank a free pass - which I think is completely counter to the principles of the probation list system.

By the way, I owe you. Michael was so wrapped up in this discussion, he totally missed the Sandman 1-75 set I just purchased in NM+ condition.

Where do I send the USPS MO?

:insane:

There is no impacted party that wants to ensure other board members don't get burned in the future. So it is up to the forum to police itself in this case.

I know - zany as can be thinking community justice where no justice can be enforced otherwise. Maybe too many western comics.

(shrug)

Well then yannis should be there to then. How can there be a vote for frank and not yannis. IMO what yannis did was worse. Get a kids hope up for a grail book then sells it to someone else from under him, ya he got the money back but also a broken heart.

(shrug)

Well then yannis should be there to then. How can there be a vote for frank and not yannis. IMO what yannis did was worse. Get a kids hope up for a grail book then sells it to someone else from under him, ya he got the money back but also a broken heart.

:gossip: Agreed!

(shrug)

:gossip: Agreed!

Double agree!