• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

PROBATION DISCUSSIONS
21 21

36,203 posts in this topic

There's a reason schools have clicks.

Since you are going to get personal, let's do it properly, shall we?

Clicks huh?

I debate your knowledge of "schools" from your Sweeney Todd-style butchering of the language.

Was it a barber college?

Whooaa... Seems like I hit a nerve with you smart foke (Nerds) ay? :roflmao:

When all else fails the nerd critiques on grammatical errors... classic nerdery.

Dude - you have Calvin from Calvin & Hobbes as your avatar. The whole "I'm cooler than thou & get all the hot chicks"-ship has sailed a looooooong time ago.

lol Edited by frankbearss

There's a reason schools have clicks.

Since you are going to get personal, let's do it properly, shall we?

Clicks huh?

I debate your knowledge of "schools" from your Sweeney Todd-style butchering of the language.

Was it a barber college?

Whooaa... Seems like I hit a nerve with you smart foke (Nerds) ay? :roflmao:

When all else fails the nerd critiques on grammatical errors... classic nerdery.

Dude - you have Calvin from Calvin & Hobbes as your avatar. The whole "I'm cooler than thou & get all the hot chicks"-ship has sailed a looooooong time ago.

lol

From Thesavros' sales thread in Copper/Modern...

After a couple of PM discussions, and looking through the old sales thread I am afraid I will have to withdraw my offer for the books I previously took in this thread. Additionally Luke sold me four books via PM for an additional $4.50. The total sale to this point was $6.00. My understanding of the rules of the forum is that probation members cannot sell on the boards, and other members cannot buy from them. Until this situation is sufficiently cleared up, I just cannot buy these books.

Sorry for any trouble this may cause. Luke you have certainly been kind and polite in our interactions, but I value being a part of this community and the rules are the rules. I hope that the previous difficulty is worked out, and apologize for any hassle.

SE

From last year's Probation List discussion regarding Taz007...

When the VCC was going on, Taz PM'ed me and asked whether it would be ok for him to grab a bunch of books and then pay "1-2 weeks later". I said sure. He lated added some more books from my recent For Sale thread, and I was just about to shoot him a reminder for payment (because it's been 3 weeks now) when I received this PM:

Ay Micheal,

I don't quit know how to put this but my car was totaled yesterday by some crazy drunkard so i won't be able to buy any of those books off you. i was meaning to right you sooner but got caught up in school work and such. I really need to buy a replacement car asap before fall semester starts so i have to sell all my books and cant buy any of the books i already committed to buy. Hope you don't hold this against me in the future dude. lol

Lucas

Perhaps it's just me, but I fail to see the humor in this situation ...

So... Thesavros' name is Luke and Taz007's name is Lucas. And they're "brothers". I think I'd need to see driver's licenses before I'd believe any set of parents would name their kids Luke and Lucas. Why not make it more confusing and name them Joey and Joe? Or Franklin and Frank?

Not that I think anyone had any doubts, but I call B.S. 2c

So... Thesavros' name is Luke and Taz007's name is Lucas. And they're "brothers". I think I'd need to see driver's licenses before I'd believe any set of parents would name their kids Luke and Lucas. Why not make it more confusing and name them Joey and Joe? Or Franklin and Frank?

lol

Nerds. Gotta love us when we think things through.

lol

I posted these in the sales thread but I feel they really belong here.

They tell the entire story to date...

sw5vader-1.jpg

LukeSkywalkerNooooo-1.jpg

yoda-luke-1.jpg

lol

I posted these in the sales thread but I feel they really belong here.

They tell the entire story to date...

sw5vader-1.jpg

LukeSkywalkerNooooo-1.jpg

yoda-luke-1.jpg

:roflmao: :roflmao: :roflmao:

Either way I'm trying to make good so something that I did doesn't effect him. Why is it so hard to believe that I have a brother that I handed the comics over to. doh!

Because of the suitcase that bounced out of your car from the hit-and-run?

gotta_go%20briefcase.jpg

I got to get one of those. :whee:

From Thesavros' sales thread in Copper/Modern...

After a couple of PM discussions, and looking through the old sales thread I am afraid I will have to withdraw my offer for the books I previously took in this thread. Additionally Luke sold me four books via PM for an additional $4.50. The total sale to this point was $6.00. My understanding of the rules of the forum is that probation members cannot sell on the boards, and other members cannot buy from them. Until this situation is sufficiently cleared up, I just cannot buy these books.

Sorry for any trouble this may cause. Luke you have certainly been kind and polite in our interactions, but I value being a part of this community and the rules are the rules. I hope that the previous difficulty is worked out, and apologize for any hassle.

SE

From last year's Probation List discussion regarding Taz007...

When the VCC was going on, Taz PM'ed me and asked whether it would be ok for him to grab a bunch of books and then pay "1-2 weeks later". I said sure. He lated added some more books from my recent For Sale thread, and I was just about to shoot him a reminder for payment (because it's been 3 weeks now) when I received this PM:

Ay Micheal,

I don't quit know how to put this but my car was totaled yesterday by some crazy drunkard so i won't be able to buy any of those books off you. i was meaning to right you sooner but got caught up in school work and such. I really need to buy a replacement car asap before fall semester starts so i have to sell all my books and cant buy any of the books i already committed to buy. Hope you don't hold this against me in the future dude. lol

Lucas

Perhaps it's just me, but I fail to see the humor in this situation ...

(thumbs u Good detective work.

I don't know if this can happen this way but I feel that yannis should be put on the probation list for his behavior toward the op

Here's the link. There was a vote also about him being put on the list and its overwhelming towards him being placed on the probation list.

Link and vote

Seems to me the probation list is a holding spot for folks until they work out an active deal that's going bad. I'm not so sure this qualifies. This deal is history. It ended very poorly, but from the sound of the thread, it's ended.

Seems to me the probation list is a holding spot for folks until they work out an active deal that's going bad. I'm not so sure this qualifies. This deal is history. It ended very poorly, but from the sound of the thread, it's ended.

The probation list includes at least one buyer who agreed to buy an expensive Golden Age book and then reneged on the deal. That deal is history, it ended very poorly as well. And there he sits...in the Hall of Shame.

You are probably right, though, this isn't probation list material, it's law suit material.

You've got a pretty cut and dried case of breach of contract.

Now you've got a buyer who was improperly denied the item that he contracted for and was performing for in good faith.

There's no valid legal reason for denying Matt this book or failing to perform properly under the agreement.

How long will it take Matt to find a replacement copy?

How much will that replacement copy cost Matt?

What if it takes him 2 years and costs him a great deal more?

If everyone REALLY wanted to make this right then the deal that was struck for the book needs to be undone and Matt needs to be given the chance to buy this book right now.

Matt's been damaged, clear and simple, and frankly I don't think it's a bad thing for everyone to know about it.

The probation list includes at least one buyer who agreed to buy an expensive Golden Age book and then reneged on the deal. That deal is history, it ended very poorly as well. And there he sits...in the Hall of Shame.

You are probably right, though, this isn't probation list material, it's law suit material.

Now you've got a buyer who was improperly denied the item that he contracted for and was performing for in good faith.

There's no valid legal reason for denying Matt this book or failing to perform properly under the agreement.

If everyone REALLY wanted to make this right then the deal that was struck for the book needs to be undone and Matt needs to be given the chance to buy this book right now.

Matt's been damaged, clear and simple, and frankly I don't think it's a bad thing for everyone to know about it.

Well said.

What is that little yellow peni s thing that pops up next to the young woman's head in your sig. line?

Edited by thehumantorch

Well said.

What is that little yellow peni s thing that pops up next to the young woman's head in your sig. line?

That's Bert...my man....Bert.

You're talking about two different things, though - the Probation List & the Hall of Shame.

As speedy says, the probation list is supposed to be a temporary position - with the end result being that at some point you'll make good on your commitments, and be taken off the list again. That this only happens on rather rare occasions has nothing to do with the purpose or nature of the list, but rather the fly-by-night nature of a lot of the Probation list members.

The Hall of Shame, however, is a permanent position - it's a scarlet letter, forever signifying that you really are a top-grade douchenozzle. Once you're on, you stay on.

Putting Yannis on the Probation list makes no sense - the book is sold, so he wouldn't be able to make it up to the OP. Adding him to the Hall of Shame makes perfect sense, though.

You're talking about two different things, though - the Probation List & the Hall of Shame.

As speedy says, the probation list is supposed to be a temporary position - with the end result being that at some point you'll make good on your commitments, and be taken off the list again. That this only happens on rather rare occasions has nothing to do with the purpose or nature of the list, but rather the fly-by-night nature of a lot of the Probation list members.

The Hall of Shame, however, is a permanent position - it's a scarlet letter, forever signifying that you really are a top-grade douchenozzle. Once you're on, you stay on.

Putting Yannis on the Probation list makes no sense - the book is sold, so he wouldn't be able to make it up to the OP. Adding him to the Hall of Shame makes perfect sense, though.

Makes perfect sense to me.

Makes perfect sense to me.

+1

Add him to the Hall of Shame.