• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

PROBATION DISCUSSIONS
21 21

36,203 posts in this topic

Yep, that's great - now please do it for everyone else on the list.

I'm sure that TFL is going to be very happy that he's now allowed to sell on the boards :applause:

TFL stiffed someone to the Nth degree.

I'm not disappointed Frank's on the list, but he did not arrive there via the proper channels.

The Doc has a point. If board members can vote people in then why note vote yannis in? Is it because he's more popular with board members?

In Yannis' case there is a wronged party - and it's up to that person to decide whether he goes on the probation list or not.

So, in the absence of the wronged party stepping up, then we should just throw his name on a ballot and let the chips fall where they may, right?

I honestly thought that that was the main purpose of the Probation List / Hall of Shame - to warn the community about people who can't be trusted to conduct their marketplace transactions in an honest manner. Whether it's a single wronged person - or the community as a whole - that steps up the plate is irrelevant to me.

I get your point, but it still equates to giving Frank a free pass - which I think is completely counter to the principles of the probation list system.

I understand completely. He was an utter tool to a very close friend, but once you let the genie out, it's difficult to put her back in the bottle.

I understand completely. He was an utter tool to a very close friend, but once you let the genie out, it's difficult to put her back in the bottle.

Or the other way around, and you have Cap Freak situations again where folks take pity, let sellers like that run rampant, and then enough board members get burned you finally come around with the thought, "Jeez! Maybe he did belong on the list for real."

Why not put a third tier onto the system?

Hall of Shame for multiple repeat offenders (eg. Cap Freak), those who have engaged in outright fraudulent activity (eg. Alleybat) or anyone who has made the Probation List while engaging in especially shameful behavior.

Probation List for the standard offenders who failed to complete a transaction inside 30 days. Perhaps with an upgrade to HoS status on the third offense? (Maybe second offense?)

Grey List for members who, by consensus, have acted in an unprofessional manner without actually making the Probation List. "Deal with at your own risk. You've been warned. We told you so..."

Grey List for members who, by consensus, have acted in an unprofessional manner without actually making the Probation List. "Deal with at your own risk. You've been warned. We told you so..."

Amen! Reason steps in!

:cloud9:

Here's the only problem I see with this discussion's current direction:

There aren't many other involved in it.

I think if you guys want to seriously entertain thoughts like this (which is fine either which way), it'd be good to get more a group consensus before moving forward with any decisions on behalf of the community when it appears quite likely much of the community isn't directly involved in the discussion.

2c for what it's worth, but might be a good idea to draw in some other opinions on this before committing ink to paper. :foryou:

I think if you guys want to seriously entertain thoughts like this (which is fine either which way), it'd be good to get more a group consensus before moving forward with any decisions on behalf of the community when it appears quite likely much of the community isn't directly involved in the discussion.

2c for what it's worth, but might be a good idea to draw in some other opinions on this before committing ink to paper. :foryou:

I think there were over 40 people that voted to add Muscleshark to the probation list. A small audience from the forum, but greater than 3-4 people, right?

CORRECTED: Excuse me - just checked. 66 board members voted. My bad.

(shrug)

I beg to differ - the thread started by kryptospidey drew tons of discussion and the condemming of Frank was pretty much universal. And then there's the 80 people who voted in the poll 4 pages back.

How many more people do you want involved?

I beg to differ - the thread started by kryptospidey drew tons of discussion and the condemming of Frank was pretty much universal. And then there's the 80 people who voted in the poll 4 pages back.

If thats the case people voted for yannis the same way (shrug)

:gossip: Agreed again.

:gossip: Agreed again.

Let the forgetting begin...

Dan

You and your four shills should be sufficient.

Shush - adults are talking (tsk)

Why would you say that? I always found mschmidt to be a good person. We don't agree on this but still a good person Edited by 8milemax

We don't agree on this but still a good person

Yeah, him and this guy - totally misunderstood.

devil.jpg

:baiting:

Didn't want to have to do this, Nick ... but you've left me no choice.

nocrow.jpg

I think there were over 40 people that voted to add Muscleshark to the probation list. A small audience from the forum, but greater than 3-4 people, right?

(shrug)

I'm all for seeing Doc Frank in the HOS. Yannis I can't really figure out yet.

(shrug)

I'm all for seeing Doc Frank in the HOS. Yannis I can't really figure out yet.

Agreed it's a much tougher logical puzzle.

All I really know for sure is that EVERYONE should know about what happened so they are informed if they ever decide to enter into a deal with him.

At it's core, these lists are an information base that people can check and access to avoid problems, trouble, rip-offs and heartache. Somehow, someway people need to be informed of these issues so they can make their decisions knowing all of the facts.

As Duke taught me...

knowing-is-half-the-battle.jpg

Since when were people on the Probation List NOT ALLOWED to sell?? That persons selling thread may of gotten hammered by others saying don't deal with this person because..... But they could still put a for sale thread up. As it has been stated before. Some would deal with Satan if he had the book they wanted at a good price. Or word's to that affect. There are other places to sell funny book's. My Ebay feedback is 100%. About 97% of that rating is comic book related...