• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

PROBATION DISCUSSIONS
21 21

36,203 posts in this topic

The shame of all of this is that it is coming out of trying to do for people in need.

Thing, I wouldn't let personal differences with some people stop you from being the man you are when it comes to helping others in need.

And to everyone else. Move along nothing to see.

(thumbs u

This is my last thought as well. I am reluctant to even post it as this thread has no place in the Comics Probation Discussion. It should have been taken to the WC to start.

Publicly accusing Thing of not sending all of the money is something that must be backed up with proof. Merely intuiting something like or stating it because you don't like his "attitude" is far beyond insufficient. It is irresponsible at the least.

I contributed both silver bullion and a slabbed comic to the cause and am fully confident the monies received from my contributions went to Not*Sure*. Thing was very helpful and informative in my PMs because I PMd him first.

Several years ago I ran a contest and offered five Fiction House JUNGLE/JUMBO type books to the winners. One per winner. Just doing that proved to be more of a headache than I anticipated. I imagine getting all this coordinated was a lot more trying. I am certainly willing to give the benefit of the doubt as far as some administrative slips. But I see absolutely nothing to remotely convince me that Not*Sure* did not receive everything.

Well said. I did state "fair enough" to his reply to me about the charity auction.

Speaking of proof... I personally would like to see scans of the original shipping receipts of He11blazer's original lost coin shipment.

Since there has been considerable questioning that the original coin in question may not have been shipped in the first place, a few of us think that all this "drama" has became a "mystery" now.

Tracking is available according to usps.com... which surely one would use sending such and expensive item.

http://www.usps.com/international/sendpackages.htm

If no tracking then surely if one were to send a $250 coin across the water, they would insure it. If not then perhaps a claims form for the lost package? So there has to be some dated proof there that the original coin was shipped to He11blazer. The post office date stamps everything so it should be easy to prove.

Toss that scan up Thing and you'll be totally exhonerated .

lol he's right about you! Get a life! He worked it out with he11blazer its over! Go to work and sell some fries and big macs!

This is my last thought as well. I am reluctant to even post it as this thread has no place in the Comics Probation Discussion. It should have been taken to the WC to start.

Publicly accusing Thing of not sending all of the money is something that must be backed up with proof. Merely intuiting something like or stating it because you don't like his "attitude" is far beyond insufficient. It is irresponsible at the least.

I contributed both silver bullion and a slabbed comic to the cause and am fully confident the monies received from my contributions went to Not*Sure*. Thing was very helpful and informative in my PMs because I PMd him first.

Several years ago I ran a contest and offered five Fiction House JUNGLE/JUMBO type books to the winners. One per winner. Just doing that proved to be more of a headache than I anticipated. I imagine getting all this coordinated was a lot more trying. I am certainly willing to give the benefit of the doubt as far as some administrative slips. But I see absolutely nothing to remotely convince me that Not*Sure* did not receive everything.

Well said. I did state "fair enough" to his reply to me about the charity auction.

Speaking of proof... I personally would like to see scans of the original shipping receipts of He11blazer's original lost coin shipment.

Since there has been considerable questioning that the original coin in question may not have been shipped in the first place, a few of us think that all this "drama" has became a "mystery" now.

Tracking is available according to usps.com... which surely one would use sending such and expensive item.

If no tracking then surely if one were to send a $250 coin across the water, they would insure it. If not then perhaps a claims form for the lost package? So there has to be some dated proof there that the original coin was shipped to He11blazer. The post office date stamps everything so it should be easy to prove.

lol he's right about you! Get a life! He worked it out with he11blazer its over! Go to work and sell some fries and big macs!

...and I'm happy for He11blazer... now about that proof.

I like Unicorns. :whee:

Me too. Medium rare with roasted cauliflower and fennel. Through in a nice Merlot and you're set.

I loathe cauliflower but the fennel is a nice touch to enhance the sweet yet slightly gamy flavor of unicorn. (thumbs u

I like Unicorns. :whee:

Me too. Medium rare with roasted cauliflower and fennel. Through in a nice Merlot and you're set.

I loathe cauliflower but the fennel is a nice touch to enhance the sweet yet slightly gamy flavor of unicorn. (thumbs u

(thumbs u

:golfclap:

Sheesh, I thought this was done with already. I think Thing should produce a picture of him actually dropping it off at the Post Office and be authenticated by the Postmaster General.

There has been a discussion in the sales forum area concerning Taz007, who has been caught after being placed on the Probation List creating two new usernames so as to sell on the boards (Thesavros and Rudolph).

Upon being caught recently under his Rudolph handle, he showed up as Taz007 and posted this message.

Thanks man, Putting so much time and thought into something for little old me. :foryou:

I'm actually going for the record amount of times listed on probation list at the moment... Think I only need one more to take the win!!

It appears he is not taking this serious, and actually doing all he can to work around the Probation List. So, with that being said ...

I believe so.

Based on his lack of desire to fix things, and flippant attitude, I don't think he cares if he's on the list. He's certainly put 1000% more effort into circumventing the list than into fixing the problems that got him on the list in the first place.

It's a list to protect the rest of us. Given his attitude and lack of caring about getting off the list or being sincere in the slightest I wonder what the debate to keep him OFF the list would be.

It just amazes me that the guy won't even try to correct things... especially since he's been given every oppurtunity to do so.

Flippant attitudes and disrespect have run wild this week... so its par for the course.

I believe so.

Based on his lack of desire to fix things, and flippant attitude, I don't think he cares if he's on the list. He's certainly put 1000% more effort into circumventing the list than into fixing the problems that got him on the list in the first place.

It's a list to protect the rest of us. Given his attitude and lack of caring about getting off the list or being sincere in the slightest I wonder what the debate to keep him OFF the list would be.

Because you want to permanently ban someone for having attitude. If that was a legitimate reason for placing someone in the HOS the list would include some of the people voting yes. This community has no shortage of attitude.

His original offence was not paying for something right? I have the legal right to change my mind on most purchases in Canada. That being said we as a community need to protect our sellers from bad buyers. Now he is on the verge of going into the HOS and being permanently banned for not paying for something. Seriously?

I'm sure he placed that RASL #1 for sale just to see who was watching. I doubt he expected not to get caught.

I believe so.

Because you want to permanently ban someone for having attitude. If that was a legitimate reason for placing someone in the HOS the list would include some of the people voting yes. This community has no shortage of attitude.

His original offence was not paying for something right? I have the legal right to change my mind on most purchases in Canada. That being said we as a community need to protect our sellers from bad buyers. Now he is on the verge of going into the HOS and being permanently banned for not paying for something. Seriously?

I'm sure he placed that RASL #1 for sale just to see who was watching. I doubt he expected not to get caught.

That's not accurate Jeff,

The key to getting off of probation is to WANT to get off of probation. Other key elements include maturity, honesty, and integrity. I haven't seen an iota of effort or desire to right the wrongs, correct the mistakes, take the forum rules seriously, or to respect fellow forumites by expending his effort to do the right thing instead of circumventing the forum rules.

Seriously Jeff, this matters A LOT more to you than it does to him. While you are making careful defenses of the process he is thumbing his nose at the entire thing. His posts have demonstrated as much.

If someone is on probation for wronging another forumite in a transaction and simply has to do the right thing to get back into good standing and INSTEAD creates shill after shill after shill account to avoid responsibility, avoid doing the right thing, avoid handling himself in an honest and mature way at what point does this person, or his actions, deserve or warrant deference?

And frankly, the HOS is not a "permanent ban". It's a permanent list, but we have no power to ban people here. You know that.

And about the "attitude" question you raise. If a person's "attitude" is one to breach board contracts, fail to live up to responsibilities, to do so intentionally injuring fellow forumites monetarily...and then to continue to attempt to circumvent the rules through dishonestly hiding their identity that's an "attitude" that doesn't want to be a part of this community and should be rightly shown the door.

Diminishing what TAZ did by calling it simply "not paying for something" is to ignore the larger picture and the more long perspective on his actions, machinations, and deceptions attempting to use this board for his own purposes while simultaneously lying to everyone through the shill game he has been playing.

Long story short....HE DOESN'T WANT TO MAKE THINGS RIGHT. He wants to lie about who he is instead. I don't think anyone here really wants to defend his behavior and it's not just "not paying for something."

Jeff, I respect where you are coming from, and knew you would have an issue with this situation.

But it was the way he handled the offense that also showed even at that point he was never going to make an attempt to resolve the problem.

Taz007's take on forum members

Creating two new usernames to work around the situation he created just added to the problem. Do you think many on here with "attitude" address the problem by repeatedly creating new usernames, or just stand up for what they believe in and try to do what is right?

There is a difference in approach, IMHO.