• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

PROBATION DISCUSSIONS
21 21

36,203 posts in this topic

'bout time.

I agree. He should have been added the moment he him self asked to be added....Why wasn't he ?

Another board member stepped in and asked that his name not be added yet, as he was going to try and work with Jay to resolve it. Then, if he didn't resolve it his name would be added.

Well - we see how that ended. But it was a very kind effort on the part of the other board member (Dhurley).

Jay asked to be put on the list AFTER (scroll down)

http://boards.collectors-society.com/ubbthreads.php?ubb=showflat&Main=163911&Number=4420503#Post4417361

So Jon doesn't go on the list? Why? Exempt? hm

Nobody should be exempt from this list, no matter their previous sales history.

Put me on the probie list until everyone has their books.

Double standards ?

The whole DeafMuteComics discussion got me to thinking. hm Do the same rules of the Probie List apply to comissioned art. I mean artists that take on multiple sketches and then take forever to deliver, or not deliver at all? This would pertain to only artsts that "advertise" on the Boards? Correct? (shrug)

Did you receive an ETA for the commission that was not delivered on?

Double standards ?

No, there was no double standards going on.

I even went into his old sales thread and made it clear for him he was going to force the forum to put him on the probation list. That's when Dhurley asked to help resolve the situation.

Now put your hat back on and read your paper. :sumo:

tin-foil-hat.jpg

10064711-conspiracy-journal-pdf-magazine.jpg

:baiting:

'bout time.

I agree. He should have been added the moment he him self asked to be added....Why wasn't he ?

Another board member stepped in and asked that his name not be added yet, as he was going to try and work with Jay to resolve it. Then, if he didn't resolve it his name would be added.

Well - we see how that ended. But it was a very kind effort on the part of the other board member (Dhurley).

Actually we have not seen how it ended since the comics were graded last week. Including the copies submitted under my account

Jeff, the challenge Jay has created for himself is the lack of communication and care with his buyers. Some during stressful situations shut down, and others step up to the plate. Everyone handles situations like this differently.

Walking away from the delays versus sending out PM's with proactive details and why these delays were happening is what made all the difference for his buyers to feel betrayed. Even when these books come back, I'm not sure some folks are going to be so forgiving.

I guess time will tell. :popcorn:

I spoke with Jay and he is working towards filling the orders. Jay had some stuff going on and now is back on board to make everything right. He understands that people are upset and he is working towards making it right.I know that all book got graded at CGC and are waiting to be encapsulate. I also want to make clear that I am helping to make this right and I dont want people upset with me about all of this...just trying to make the boards a better place :foryou:

I have spoke with Jay and he is working towards filling the orders. Jay had some stuff going on and now is back on board to make everything right. He understands that people are upset and he is working towards making it right.I know that all book got graded at CGC and are waiting to be encapsulate. I also want to make clear that I am helping to make this right and I dont want people upset with me about all of this...just trying to make the boards a better place :foryou:

Thanks Doug for your efforts. (worship)

Jay owes you the biggest thanks in the end for stepping up for him.

The whole DeafMuteComics discussion got me to thinking. hm Do the same rules of the Probie List apply to comissioned art. I mean artists that take on multiple sketches and then take forever to deliver, or not deliver at all? This would pertain to only artsts that "advertise" on the Boards? Correct? (shrug)

Did you receive an ETA for the commission that was not delivered on?

No, I'm not fortunate enough to afford comissioned art. :( I was, however, reminded of posts/threads that I have seen in the OA forums. Not trying to out anyone, just a simple question of curiousity. :hi:

Actually we have not seen how it ended since the comics were graded last week. Including the copies submitted under my account

Jeff, the challenge Jay has created for himself is the lack of communication and care with his buyers. Some during stressful situations shut down, and others step up to the plate. Everyone handles situations like this differently.

Walking away from the delays versus sending out PM's with proactive details and why these delays were happening is what made all the difference for his buyers to feel betrayed. Even when these books come back, I'm not sure some folks are going to be so forgiving.

I guess time will tell. :popcorn:

My post was in response your last statement about seeing how it ended with Doug helping. We have not seen the results of Doug's help yet. Books were submitted within days of Doug lending a hand and have now been graded. I have no comment on how Jay has handled this situation.

Double standards ?

No, there was no double standards going on.

I even went into his old sales thread and made it clear for him he was going to force the forum to put him on the probation list. That's when Dhurley asked to help resolve the situation.

Now put your hat back on and read your paper. :sumo:

tin-foil-hat.jpg

10064711-conspiracy-journal-pdf-magazine.jpg

:baiting:

See, that's why i didn't nominate him when i damn well should have: After his 30 days where up. But it's a david vs goliath situation or just double standards.

And this is not about stirring the pot Jeff, i know you don't like the probation list and want to give people 2nd chances (and 3rd and 4th etc etc)

But enough is enough...

First i was not getting updates on the books from Jay, now i'm not getting updates from Doug (but still kudos to him for trying to help)

And thats the last i'll say on this.

See, that's why i didn't nominate him when i damn well should have: After his 30 days where up. But it's a david vs goliath situation or just double standards.

That's what really went on here for many folks. They felt bad for Jay, and let it go on much longer than anyone should have allowed.

But again, I just tried to help once it went too long - not granting him some special pass because so many like Jay. Lesson learned.

:foryou:

How can it not be stirring the pot when he's already on the list? What more can be gained. This isn't about multiple chances. He's on the list.

Are you saying Doug has not answered PM's? I find that hard to believe.

And let's not forget who made all the enquiries to find out the books had not been submitted to CGC :makepoint:

Now I'm just posting so I can lose this Chatzilla label. :whee:

now i'm not getting updates from Doug (but still kudos to him for trying to help)

And thats the last i'll say on this.

I really do not appreciate this..I stepped in to help and thats all. And i can only do so much to help. I spent a good couple days getting all the open orders together for Jay so he would have a nice easy list to work off of. I understand why people are upset..I also am owed stuff from Jay so I get the feeling.

I gave you this update via PM on 12/21/10 and I still do not have shipping info from CGC yet

I gave you this update via PM on 12/21/10 and I still do not have shipping info from CGC yet

Doug, I wouldn't take it too personal due to the situation you stepped into.

Jay hasn't been providing much of any updates at all (or stated he shipped books to CGC, and it came out later he never had).

If anything, impacted buyers are probably wanting overcommunication at this point to calm their concerns. But when it comes to CGC books being processed, I guess the best you can do is just providing periodic updates that the status hasn't changed.

It's a tough situation you stepped into to offer assistance.

All I am gonna say about all this is that Doug is working hard to rectify this problem and Jay is feeling rather down about it all. They are gonna sort all this out but it is gonna take time. I like everyone else is missing books but I trust it will all get sorted and I have total faith in Doug to make sure it happens sooner rather than later. Jay is on the Probie list and things are getting sorted so we should all just leave it at that for the time being 2c

All I am gonna say about all this is that Doug is working hard to rectify this problem and Jay is feeling rather down about it all. They are gonna sort all this out but it is gonna take time. I like everyone else is missing books but I trust it will all get sorted and I have total faith in Doug to make sure it happens sooner rather than later. Jay is on the Probie list and things are getting sorted so we should all just leave it at that for the time being 2c

Who's Jay and who's Doug? Is this just another one of those "manufactured collectibles" disputes? And do I care? hm