• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

PROBATION DISCUSSIONS
21 21

36,203 posts in this topic

:popcorn:

I thought the show was over. What we watchin'?

Though your post disappeared, you were going to elaborate on why you don't pay fees for posted SS opportunities.

:popcorn: :popcorn:

Are you looking for cost reductions?

If by cost reductions you mean backing out of posted :takeit: deals, then no. :ohnoez:

I thought the show was over. What we watchin'?

Though your post disappeared, you were going to elaborate on why you don't pay fees for posted SS opportunities.

:popcorn: :popcorn:

Are you looking for cost reductions?

If by cost reductions you mean backing out of posted :takeit: deals, then no. :ohnoez:

Funny guy. :whatev:

:takeit: means :takeit: for the record in a public thread.

thus you then backed out of the deal. I cant believe more people are not calling you out, you are VERY lucky that Menace agreed to drop it. Hopefully you did the right thing and :o PAID for what you posted :takeit: for. lol

I still would like to know the discount part. IF he's referring to the dealer's discount involving CGC SS...and he's not willing to pay the normal price...then shame on him.

But, if it were me, I would of simply requested that the sketch be submitted under my personal account, rather than someone elses just to save a few bucks.

thus you then backed out of the deal. I cant believe more people are not calling you out, you are VERY lucky that Menace agreed to drop it. Hopefully you did the right thing and :o PAID for what you posted :takeit: for. lol

I don't believe I am lucky. I have let many buyers out of deals. Although I believe in the integrity of the little takeit guy I also believe that if the seller and buyer do not wish to continue they are not obligated.

I am more surprised by the 3rd parties post resolution comments then anything else.

I don't believe I am lucky. I have let many buyers out of deals. Although I believe in the integrity of the little takeit guy I also believe that if the seller and buyer do not wish to continue they are not obligated.

I am more surprised by the 3rd parties post resolution comments then anything else.

I have no stake here but it is ironic that you called out someone else for backing out of your deal because they were not comfortable with the terms.

http://boards.collectors-society.com/ubbthreads.php?ubb=showflat&Number=3968287&fpart=51

:o

The irony/Convenience factor takes place.

As long as past personal agendas don't take place.

Actually, why don't you stop acting so coquette and say what's truly on your mind.

That's why I am still reading this closed matter.

Jeff is a great seller on these boards(I have never bought from him, but have been impressed by his wares and wouldn't hesitate). But, I am not interested in seeing him stringed up like a pinata on a Sunday afternoon. He's gonna get enough of a "registry pointage" beating trying to take the top Locke & Key Registry Set spot from me.

I have no stake here but it is ironic that you called out someone else for backing out of your deal because they were not comfortable with the terms.

http://boards.collectors-society.com/ubbthreads.php?ubb=showflat&Number=3968287&fpart=51

There really is no irony there if you read what happened. Jeff gave him the opportunity to back out and he didn't. Then he busted out a chargeback for trumped up ridiculous reasons.

I am not a fan of how Jeff handled things with Menace, but they worked it out and that is what these threads are all about. Everyone else's agenda is moot. But really, keep on beating the drum, it keeps popcorn sales chugging along.

:o

The irony/Convenience factor takes place.

As long as personal agendas don't take place.

Actually, why don't you stop acting so coquette and say what's truly on your mind.

That's why I am still reading this closed matter.

Jeff is a great seller on these boards(I have never bought from him, but have been impressed by his wares and wouldn't hesitate). But, I am not interested in seeing him stringed up like a pinata on a Sunday afternoon. He's gonna get enough of a "registry pointage" beating trying to take the top Locke & Key Registry Set spot from me.

First off. That was posted in Jeff's defense. It's a little ironic how people dig up Jeff's past without even knowing if something was worked out behind the scenes.

Second. There's nothing to gain here. I've been in contact with Jeff during this ordeal via PM and gave him some advice. Jeff and I may have had our differences, but we're still Boardie Friends.

He PMs, and I PM him back. Simply put, we're friends.

Everyone else who likes to read between the lines.. you know where you can sit.

Let's not rewrite history here, please - you backed out the deal. It wasn't a mutual decision - it's blindingly obvious from the PMs the seller posted that the only reason he agreed to cancel your orders was because he, as a newbie, didn't think he had a choice & he wasn't aware of the binding aspects of a "takeit" posted on these boards.

I've dealt with you on numerous occasions and have always considered you a stand-up guy - your utter lack of humility in this situation, however, is pretty disappointing.

Not entirely sure what may have happened here, and it sounds like it is resolved so that is all to the good. Having said that, however, I will toss in my two cents. If I were running a sales thread and someone hits :takeit: they are obligated to buy the book. I certainly cannot force them, so if they refuse you kind of have to accept that. However, by accepting their unilaterally backing out (if such occurs by their just stating that they will not purchase the item) I do not forego my right to place them on the probation list. Unfortunately, in a case such as this I probably would bring the issue up for probation listing. :sorry:

Now on the other hand, if the buyer ASKS to have the deal cancelled and I agree (instead of telling me flat out it is a no-go), I can then choose to end the transaction with no further action or let them know that their proposal is not acceptable at that time. In this case there is a mutually agreed upon resolution and I would not then bring it up for probation. :foryou:

Just my thoughts and how I would proceed in similar situations. I guess for me, the way I am approached would have a pretty significant impact on my reaction.

Let's not rewrite history here, please - you backed out the deal. It wasn't a mutual decision - it's blindingly obvious from the PMs the seller posted that the only reason he agreed to cancel your orders was because he, as a newbie, didn't think he had a choice & he wasn't aware of the binding aspects of a "takeit" posted on these boards.

I've dealt with you on numerous occasions and have always considered you a stand-up guy - your utter lack of humility in this situation, however, is pretty disappointing.

As you can agree the post you quoted was well after Menace claimed the matter resolved. The comment about the buyer and seller not being obligated is completely valid given the timing. If I had made that comment prior to Menace initiating this discussion and later ending it then I would agree with you.

Not entirely sure what may have happened here, and it sounds like it is resolved so that is all to the good. Having said that, however, I will toss in my two cents. If I were running a sales thread and someone hits :takeit: they are obligated to buy the book. I certainly cannot force them, so if they refuse you kind of have to accept that. However, by accepting their unilaterally backing out (if such occurs by their just stating that they will not purchase the item) I do not forego my right to place them on the probation list. Unfortunately, in a case such as this I probably would bring the issue up for probation listing. :sorry:

Now on the other hand, if the buyer ASKS to have the deal cancelled and I agree (instead of telling me flat out it is a no-go), I can then choose to end the transaction with no further action or let them know that their proposal is not acceptable at that time. In this case there is a mutually agreed upon resolution and I would not then bring it up for probation. :foryou:

Just my thoughts and how I would proceed in similar situations. I guess for me, the way I am approached would have a pretty significant impact on my reaction.

I will completely concede that I am guilty of a lack of tact. Requesting to be released of the obligation is how I should have approached it.

There really is no irony there if you read what happened. Jeff gave him the opportunity to back out and he didn't. Then he busted out a chargeback for trumped up ridiculous reasons.

I am not a fan of how Jeff handled things with Menace, but they worked it out and that is what these threads are all about. Everyone else's agenda is moot. But really, keep on beating the drum, it keeps popcorn sales chugging along.

I am not trying to beat a drum but just highlight the history. That's it. If he didn't block Menace then this would have been handled discretely. I am happy that both parties worked out their problems.

I am not trying to beat a drum but just highlight the history. That's it. If he didn't block Menace then this would have been handled discretely. I am happy that both parties worked out their problems.

I'm glad you brought it up. It is a great example of how I deal with the situation being on the other side of the transaction.