• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

PROBATION DISCUSSIONS
21 21

36,203 posts in this topic

I have already addressed the issues with Julio and I did error in assuming that the delivery confirmation notice from the post office was for his new address.

I'm not sure why you would have assumed that.

Julio, we both agreed to $50 shipped via media mail. Also, I don't feel that I should take full blame on this transaction. You should have changed your paypal address within 24 hours of purchasing the books. I did not mail out the books for at least 3 days after your paid for them, so I assumed the address which paypal had on file was correct. I mailed out the books as agreed and the post office has verified that they are in transit. You need to contact the post office and keep track of this since I provided you with the tracking info. The post office has already informed you that it has been resent to your new address and that it will take time so the item is not lost

but is in transit.

Thanks for responding, Kimberly. Actually, we never agreed on media mail. On 07/08/2011, you literally acknowledged that because I was in CA, you'd be able to ship for cheap. That to me means that location was key in regards to costs as it would cost cheaper to ship in CA through priority if the books are being received in CA as well, unless it would be flat rate, then it would not matter where in the US the books were going to. I would not risk having slabs shipped media.

I made payment on 07/11/2011. On 07/25/11, I expressed my concern to you as I had not received them. Figured that was odd if they were shipped priority. We then discussed in later PMs that the books were shipped to the incorrect address. I already explained earlier in this thread why my paypal address could not be updated. This is the reason I would confirm my address before or after payment via PM when making purchases.

On 08/08/11, I PMd you stating that I got a hold of someone at the VA post office. They didn't actually track down the package. They gave me the generic response that the package will be forwarded. But I did not inform them that it was media mail. As far as I understand the USPS forwarding policy, they do not forward media mail. Tracking shows "delivered". If it was forwarded to me, why would it show as delivered? This is why I am leaning toward it being lost.

To make me wait over 2 months for 2 slabs is not good customer service IMO. If I were the seller, I would have gladly refunded the $50 and if the package showed up, then cool...I'd expect the money back. If it never showed...then my buyer would at least have the money he/she originally paid. I gave you clear instructions and they were not followed. How is that my fault?

I have no animosity toward you, Kimberly. I just don't agree with how this transaction has been handled by you as a seller. I asked for a refund several times already. Seems reasonable to me. (shrug)

As for the guidelines, I thought that Divad was the moderator of the Probation Thread and not anyone else, correct me if I am mistaken. Julio changed it to add me on when I thought that he had already received the package, so I changed it. I am sorry that this occured and all I can say is that it won't happen again. I still would like to know who is the moderator for the probation list. If it stands as it is, I think there are too many hands in one pot.

Discussion is required before adding anyone to the probation list. The same goes for removing yourself from the list.

I have already addressed the issues with Julio and I did error in assuming that the delivery confirmation notice from the post office was for his new address. If Julio ever receives the original package he can keep it along with the new package I will be sending him at no additional cost.

As for the guidelines, I thought that Divad was the moderator of the Probation Thread and not anyone else, correct me if I am mistaken. Julio changed it to add me on when I thought that he had already received the package, so I changed it. I am sorry that this occured and all I can say is that it won't happen again. I still would like to know who is the moderator for the probation list. If it stands as it is, I think there are too many hands in one pot.

As for listing the mancave cooler. There are many instances when I have noticed scanners being listed for sale. What is the difference between a scanner to scan comics or a coke cooler that looks great in a comic book cave?

I have never had an issue in this forum until this and all I can say is that I will take my time and carefully read all the rules prior to taking any actions. Again I apologize for the inconvenience this may have caused any boardies.

Sincerely,

Kim

You have only been around since May? you have less than 200 posts (as I type) and more than half of them have been in sales venues, or sales related threads.

Your statement that you have never had another issue, is not quite true, please see this post.

When primeinvestibles/Kimberly accused Firefly/Julio of lying--through her post in the Updated Probation List thread--she typed the following out in boldface type:

"I have never had a problem with my buyers and always ship everything in a timely manner!"

Because of her disrespect for the boards and Julio in particular, I'd like to discuss her above quote in relation to the only transaction I've had with primeinvestibles. I had no intentions of bringing it up because it was a one-time deal and not that big of a deal, but now in the light of the stunt she pulled and her above quote, here goes:

Back on August 18, I bought a couple of Famous First Editions from her. I paid via PayPal the same day. I received them Priority Mail three days after she mailed them...but I didn't receive them until September 9th. In other words, it took her 3 weeks to ship after I paid. Not Probation List worthy I know, but I happily bring it up to simply show that she doesn't necessarily "ship everything in a timely manner." :tongue:

David started the probation thread a long time ago and it was a great idea, but it took off and grew and we act as a community policing ourselves. If you read a little further back, you will see that Michael (PovertyRow) and several others had quite a bit to do with modifying the procedures recently and we act as a community, using polls when it seems necessary.

Personally, I'm not real happy with the "merchandise credit" I think you should be on the probation list till you give him a cash refund A full cash refund would be the classy thing to do in any case, but taking you off is up to Julio and I guess he's nicer than I am.

Scanners are directly related to selling comics, we scan books that we sell in the market place.

The coke cooler, is a heck of a stretch...next you can rationalize lingerie, since people in "man caves" enjoy seeing lingerie...

BTW, we are not all male here...

I am always happy to see other women joining the board Kim, there are too few of us, but I hope you take the time to join us, not just use this as a selling venue.

Sharon

Scanners are directly related to selling comics, we scan books that we sell in the market place.
They can also be used as a collector's tool for Registry Set pics, showing of a new book or asking for a grade from boardies, etc. Scanners don't only have to be used in the Marketplace. hm

As for the guidelines, I thought that Divad was the moderator of the Probation Thread and not anyone else, correct me if I am mistaken. Julio changed it to add me on when I thought that he had already received the package, so I changed it. I am sorry that this occured and all I can say is that it won't happen again. I still would like to know who is the moderator for the probation list. If it stands as it is,

I think there are too many hands in one pot.

Sincerely,

Kim

Kim, you are currently a member of this message board. You use this board a good percentage of your time to sell. There is a thread called "Hall Of Shame and Probation List Rules". It is within Forum Sales. It is here:

http://boards.collectors-society.com/ubbthreads.php?ubb=showflat&Number=4949997#Post4949997http://boards.collectors-society.com/ubbthreads.php?ubb=showflat&Number=4949997#Post4949997

Please read and understand it. There are NOT too many hands in one pot.

I invited the OP he. I suggest you do the same. At the very least you each deserve to say your piece.
I'd suggest you edit the PL in the other list with primeinvestibles re-added to the list until this gets sorted out. Wasn't that aspect a done deal when discussed?

I think she took herself off when adding Firefly.

I don't think the nominations are comparable, the first nomination was valid & added while this adjustment to the list by a PL nominee (primeinvestibles)stating someone was lying is pretty ridiculous - she got paid, what's she got to nominate someone on other than spite??

2c

WTF?!!

So she Added Firefly AND removed herself from the Probation list without discussing the matter at all?

Just unilaterally did that? All on her own? Didn't ask anyone?

What a complete and utter display of disrespect for the way this board operates.

She's obviously never seen what happens when someone does something shady, underhanded and disrespectful on these boards. If she did, she would not have pull this kind of wildly_fanciful_statement.

Hubris!!!

Had I known it was a girl, I probably wouldn't have called her an azz in her FS thread. However, this is totally rediculous.

If it bothers you, Mike, I'll call her an Azz...I was looking at her eBay listings when this came up the first time, seemed like a fairly new ebay seller who might really have had another ID, which usually means past transgressions.

That was a horrible move, Julio has always been wonderful to deal with...add me to the list of people who will not deal with her, list or no list.

BTW, since when are refrigerators comic book related? :shrug:

Personally, I don't think anyone should be calling anyone names regardless of gender. We are adults here.

It looks like she changed her id from prime-investibles to funtasticcollectibles. I wouldn't ever purchase from any seller that curses their buyers in feedback - http://feedback.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewFeedback2&userid=funtasticcollectibles&ftab=AllFeedback

Another case of someone trying to change the group rather than trying to change themselves. Most of us have learned this lesson one way or another. Took me a little while with my thick head but at the end of the day being here or selling on eBay is a choice. Either learn to play nice or the group shows you the door. :preach:

What bugs me is that unlike the other 49 people on the list(depending on split personalities or shills), this person has showed enough maturity to make the wrong things right. Julio is a friend and I agree what was done intitially was wrong, but it's kinda over now as prime-investibles, deserves the chance to be a beneficial member of the community on here as she has chosen to make an ammends.

Right you are (thumbs u

:gossip: Two negs and two neutrals since the switch as well :sorry:

User ID --- Effective Date ---End Date

funtasticcollectibles --- Nov-11-11--- Present

prime-investibles--- May-22-11 --- Nov-11-11

Though to be fair, one neg and the neutral seem to be unjustified and from buyers who didn't read the auction descriptions.

The neg for the cracked case has a big, bold, underlined notice that the case is cracked in the auction description. The neutral was from someone expecting a set of 7 items when she clearly indicated she was only selling a set of 3.

It never seems fair to me that eBay can let buyers blame the seller for their own inability to read the description...

Right you are (thumbs u

Though to be fair, one neg and the neutral seem to be unjustified and from buyers who didn't read the auction descriptions.

The neg for the cracked case has a big, bold, underlined notice that the case is cracked in the auction description. The neutral was from someone expecting a set of 7 items when she clearly indicated she was only selling a set of 3.

It never seems fair to me that eBay can let buyers blame the seller for their own inability to read the description...

Agreed. I had some insufficiently_thoughtful_person eBay buyer leave me neutral feedback after I agreed to allow him out of a comic purchase he made back in August. Really? :pullhair:

Right you are (thumbs u

Well followed through, Loki. At least one neg and one Neutral should not be counted against her.

Methinks Snake Eyes should have done a little more homework on this one. (tsk)

Right you are (thumbs u

Well followed through, Loki. At least one neg and one Neutral should not be counted against her.

Doesn't really undo or erase the total fuster cluck she perpetrated here though. (tsk)

She's off the list, Julio is off the list, PI has said it was a mistake and a misunderstanding. That's fine.

However, it would be silly not to take what we've learned here and keep it in memory and experience because something tells me this isn't the last drive by we'll have to deal with that comes with an "Oops My Bad" as the car keeps careening down the road.

For now it's all over though.

Right you are (thumbs u

Doesn't really undo or erase the total fuster cluck she perpetrated here though. (tsk)

She's off the list, Julio is off the list, PI has said it was a mistake and a misunderstanding. That's fine.

However, it would be silly not to take what we've learned here and keep it in memory and experience because something tells me this isn't the last drive by we'll have to deal with that comes with an "Oops My Bad" as the car keeps careening down the road.

I never said it did. But the fuster was sufficiently clucked on its own merits.

Right you are (thumbs u

lol

I just didn't want the central message and reason this was being discussed in this area to get lost by wrapping up the tangential matters.

Right you are (thumbs u

lol

I just didn't want the central message and reason this was being discussed in this area to get lost by wrapping up the tangential matters.

You had me at "tangential". :luhv:

Agreed. PI's behaviour here wasn't up to the standards I expect of board members.

However, I just wanted to make sure that people don't jump to conclusions about her eBay feedback. In the current eBay environment, there are lots of cases of feedback abuse from buyers. In fact, I almost expect to see all sellers with one or two negatives from buyers. I look for trends in negative feedback nowadays - repeated instances of damage, slow delivery, misleading descriptions, etc. before I make any judgements. The days of just looking for the 100% rating are over. :(

Agreed. PI's behaviour here wasn't up to the standards I expect of board members.

However, I just wanted to make sure that people don't jump to conclusions about her eBay feedback. In the current eBay environment, there are lots of cases of feedback abuse from buyers. In fact, I almost expect to see all sellers with one or two negatives from buyers. I look for trends in negative feedback nowadays - repeated instances of damage, slow delivery, misleading descriptions, etc. before I make any judgements. The days of just looking for the 100% rating are over. :(

I agree completely.

I disagree completely. :grin: If you as a seller can't make 100% feedback then you're not really trying (or you don't care).

I disagree completely. :grin: If you as a seller can't make 100% feedback then you're not really trying (or you don't care).

And which planet are you on David? Maintaining a 100% feedback rating on eBay as a seller can be considered a minor miracle considering how many person_who_is_obnoxiously_self-impressed buyers that are out there.

My bad for not including the specific feedback. HOWEVER, I still find it telling given the limited number of transactions on the new ID that a number have gone bad. I have dealt with a number of sellers with feedback numbers well in excess of hers that maintained 100%. Of course, many sellers have not and have to be evaluated on a case by case basis.

I did do the homework, just did not present all of the data for others in the post. For that I apologize :foryou: Nonetheless, I see a pattern of difficulties that puts the seller on my do not buy list...lots of options out there, so I have the luxury of being pretty stringent in my personal criteria (there are a number of former probation list members here in a similar category for my personal shopping list). Just offering my opinion to the crowd which can be taken or left, but I would suggest you are ultimately better served by shopping with other sellers :jugglers:

EDIT: I am also somewhat riled up/indignant about Pedigree, so admittedly primed to see the negative right now (to give the reader fair information on my mental state...which at best is :insane: )

Edited by Snake Eyes