• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

PROBATION DISCUSSIONS
21 21

36,203 posts in this topic

I invited the OP he. I suggest you do the same. At the very least you each deserve to say your piece.

Done.

The link to the previous discussion on this issue has already been posted.

Interesting about the "pending" part on the list, BUT I agree that this is fair even though it has been discussed already to no resolution. I would like to request that my name be taken off the list on this issue should the person not respond by a certain amount of time. As we all know, that list is not an ideal one and having my name hanging while this person is entertained is not appealing at all.

I put pending only as a gesture to PI to discuss. Since we have not assigned anyone to list Probation List updates if the rules had been followed then I could not remove you. I will update it myself if PI does not show in the next day or so.

I put it back to the way it was before PI decided to take it upon herself to add and subtract from the list on her own.

Firefly's name doesn't belong on there at all until she comes here, makes a valid, detailed and corroborated claim against him and the board decides to add him.

Given the way she's handled it so far, and the lack of respect for the forum, and the list, I don't believe putting Firefly's name on that list is a deference she deserves at this time.

I invited the OP he. I suggest you do the same. At the very least you each deserve to say your piece.
I'd suggest you edit the PL in the other list with primeinvestibles re-added to the list until this gets sorted out. Wasn't that aspect a done deal when discussed?

I think she took herself off when adding Firefly.

I don't think the nominations are comparable, the first nomination was valid & added while this adjustment to the list by a PL nominee (primeinvestibles)stating someone was lying is pretty ridiculous - she got paid, what's she got to nominate someone on other than spite??

2c

WTF?!!

So she Added Firefly AND removed herself from the Probation list without discussing the matter at all?

Just unilaterally did that? All on her own? Didn't ask anyone?

What a complete and utter display of disrespect for the way this board operates.

She's obviously never seen what happens when someone does something shady, underhanded and disrespectful on these boards. If she did, she would not have pull this kind of wildly_fanciful_statement.

Hubris!!!

Had I known it was a girl, I probably wouldn't have called her an azz in her FS thread. However, this is totally rediculous.

This is the big boy sandbox...and Azz is an Azz regardless of the color of their skirt. And this was a straight up Azz Move!

Absolutely amazing. What a dirty thing to do and absolutely vendictive.

Fair enough. I wasn't trying to create a controversy. :ohnoez:

I thought she was very new and as such thought it was important to not completely ignore the request. I also have complete faith that Julio can handle it and also trust that I have no reason to attack him.

Either way I'm good.

Now onto the drama!! :popcorn:

Since I decided to get in the middle apparently. doh!

Please discuss adding Firefly here

http://boards.collectors-society.com/ubbthreads.php?ubb=showflat&Board=80&Number=5224511&Searchpage=1&Main=163911&Words=&topic=0&Search=true#Post5224511

There are certain criteria that must be followed. Please familiarize yourself or ask in the thread I pasted here.

Thanks

Jeff

Hi Jeff,

thank you. He just added me on the list himself, so I too added him on for lying. First off he had plenty of time to change his paypal address and per paypals seller protection rules I can only be covered if the item was sent to his paypal address. The post office states it was delivered. I believe he has the package. And he asked me if I would accept 50 for both slabs I said yes but only if I ship it media instead of priority mail, and he knows that. Kimberly

Fair enough. He discussed the facts as he saw them prior to adding you which I invite you to do as well.

I understand everything you are saying. It is my understanding that you agreed to ship to the other address. This is something worth discussing. :)

And you also removed your name from the list which is a no -no ;)

Please forward my pm to the forum, I need to tend to my child. I offered firefly 50 credit toeards any future purchases even though I am out 50 dollars and I wasnt aware of the probation rules. He is also at fault for just adding me on.

I will copy these to the forum but it will require your 2c

Julio followed proper procedure to have you added.

Since I decided to get in the middle apparently. doh!

Please discuss adding Firefly here

http://boards.collectors-society.com/ubbthreads.php?ubb=showflat&Board=80&Number=5224511&Searchpage=1&Main=163911&Words=&topic=0&Search=true#Post5224511

There are certain criteria that must be followed. Please familiarize yourself or ask in the thread I pasted here.

Thanks

Jeff

Hi Jeff,

thank you. He just added me on the list himself, so I too added him on for lying. First off he had plenty of time to change his paypal address and per paypals seller protection rules I can only be covered if the item was sent to his paypal address. The post office states it was delivered. I believe he has the package. And he asked me if I would accept 50 for both slabs I said yes but only if I ship it media instead of priority mail, and he knows that. Kimberly

Fair enough. He discussed the facts as he saw them prior to adding you which I invite you to do as well.

I understand everything you are saying. It is my understanding that you agreed to ship to the other address. This is something worth discussing. :)

And you also removed your name from the list which is a no -no ;)

Please forward my pm to the forum, I need to tend to my child. I offered firefly 50 credit toeards any future purchases even though I am out 50 dollars and I wasnt aware of the probation rules. He is also at fault for just adding me on.

:ohnoez:

Just when I thought we were amicably discussing this via PM. Well, in that case, as bolded above and addressed to OP:

A. Please don't call me a liar unless you have evidence to back it up. I'm am not going to lose my reputation here over $50 after having built good business and personal relationships.

B. You acknowledged that you were going to ship to my new address and were happy about it since you lived in CA as well. I had paypal issues that were being resolved. I explained this already. Worried about paypal confirmed addresses, then you should not have agreed to ship per my request.

C. I do not have the package. Seriously? What on earth is this based on?

D. I never agreed to media mail...for slabs? Really?

So..with all this in mind. I will continue to go back and forth with OP as I have a plan that I've been working on. I informed that I do not wish to use the credit for myself as I do not want to do any further business with this person. Sad, but not worth the trouble especially when they don't even bother to follow probation list guidelines and disrespect the boards without even getting to know how it woks as a collector's community and not another ebay forum.

I'd like to take advantage of the credit and donate the books to the Secret Santa Christmas effort. Once agreed with the OP on the books to be purchased, I will contact Holiday Ham :cloud9: to donate the books.

Do I feel comfortable taking this person off the list? No. To be honest, all I can say is Go Back To Ebay. But if the boards feel that after this credit offer they should be taken off, I'll be more than happy to agree to it. FYI, based on the content of my last PM, I felt the need to inform the OP that she's not buying herself off the probation list...she's mending a transaction that went wrong based on her mistake and she's stepping up to make things right.

Now hopefully, I don't get charged again to have these books shipped. I feel they should cover that as well just for being ignorant.

Edited by FIREFLY

:blahblah::baiting:

If you made a deal with her, then ask for her to be removed from the PL. If you didn't make a deal I'd say otherwise.

The board opinion doesn't really matter, if you've come to a satisfactory agreement then Santa is the only winner, unless you count Branget who finally got a girl to send him a PM.

(thumbs u

:blahblah::baiting:

... if you've come to a satisfactory agreement then Santa is the only winner, unless you count Branget who finally got a girl to send him a PM.

(thumbs u

lol

So be it. Have at it, OP. The credit is on record on this thread.

Edited by FIREFLY

I think this is the blaring problem with the list.

There should be someone designated, Povertyrow for example, to PM a mod and have someone added or removed from the list. It should be locked and only changed once a discussion is fleshed out and decision agreed upon.

This person taking themselves off and adding another member is unacceptable.

There should be someone designated, Povertyrow for example, to PM a mod and have someone added or removed from the list. It should be locked and only changed once a discussion is fleshed out and decision agreed upon.

And Glaring too...

I'm not sure if Moderators should be involved in these matters to begin with. Since, it's a conflict of interest, of denying person/s from that list from buying "products" from the company they work for. I thought the idea was that we police ourselves anyway. Tonight, showed one thing and that was the "system" is vulnerable. What we do need to "fix" is to better maintain fairness to ourselves, so this doesn't happen again(a back door was left opened tonight). Well, one thing is for sure, it was a good system while it lasted.

There is NO problem with the list.

The List is working as designed.

EVERYONE can see what a doodoo-move primeinvestibles pulled and their selling reputation for said move will suffer.

I mean it is almost as bad as sticking yer fingers in yer ears and saying nanny-nanny-boo-boo.

No need to Over-Regulate the list and add even more layers of obfuscation and have to pick one KEYMASTER of the list to regulate it.

The list should be Simple. Comments in this thread should engender discussion and the appropriate steps should be taken.

It is not too hard to figure this out.

I'm not sure if Moderators should be involved in these matters to begin with. Since, it's a conflict of interest, of denying person/s from that list from buying "products" from the company they work for. I thought the idea was that we police ourselves anyway. Tonight, showed one thing and that was the "system" is vulnerable. What we do need to "fix" that to maintain fairness to all ourselves. Well, one thing is for sure, it was good while it lasted.

But it's blaring, glaring, flaring, snaring, sharing, caring, faring, wearing, tearing, daring, ensnaring, pairing, raring, and tearing (twice, it's that bad).....

Seriously though. She didn't slip it past the list for more than a few minutes and it was caught. There are enough good and honest people here that will prevent too much of the shenanigans from happening.

And Glaring too...

:lol:

Never claimed to be Mensa member.

Do I feel comfortable taking this person off the list? No.

Then dont? (shrug)

Thought of that. But then I also thought of seeming the jerk that held a grudge while the OP made the effort, though pressured, to make things right. I think reputation says a lot. Probation list or not...OP's responses and attitude toward this whole thing now and then will follow her. People know more now. Books are going to a good cause already so I'm good.