• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

PROBATION DISCUSSIONS
20 20

36,203 posts in this topic

My 2c on this.

Trey sold a PGX book without revealing it.

Joey bought the book and received it in the slab.

Joey decided to remove the book from the slab to "enjoy at some future time".

After the subsequent issues regarding feedback etc already outlined, nominations for the PL begin. Trey nominates Joey and Joey nominates Trey.

Had Joey NOT taken the book out of the slab, had he returned it for a refund on the basis it was a PGX book THAT would be a valid case. But he accepted the book and unslabbed it for his own use.

Both sides here have some culpability.

This may be best served by Arch making a decision for strike(s) if he deems so.

(thumbs u

If being stupid enough to buy a book from Trey is enough fodder to add me to the PL feel free to do so.

I personally don't think either of you should be probated. You both knew it was a PGX book.

Joey didn't know it was a PGX book until he opened the package. Trey knew it from the moment it was posted for sale.

Assuming he didn't know (and I see some people "thinking that" he did know), he certainly knew when he opened the package. It does not sound like he was going to say anything about it until the whole feedback mess came up.

I agree. That's why I said from the beginning that Trey knowingly manipulated scans to hide the fact the book he was selling on the CGC message boards was in a PGX slab. Who bought it is irrelevant.

I don't feel Joey was damaged by the sale. However, I don't think Trey should be allowed to continue to conduct business at will on the boards as if nothing has happened. This isn't the first time he has stumbled in the selling arena. Should we wait until he tries to scam a newer member out of a sizable amount of cash?

Go hug a vibrating tree, hippie.

Heading out to do just that. I'll hug a special one just for you.

Does your wife have new shoes yet?

:devil:

If I had to wait for you to remind e she'd be walking around barefooted. :makepoint:

My 2c on this.

After the subsequent issues regarding feedback etc already outlined, nominations for the PL begin. Trey nominates Joey and Joey nominates Trey.

Had Joey NOT taken the book out of the slab, had he returned it for a refund on the basis it was a PGX book THAT would be a valid case. But he accepted the book and unslabbed it for his own use.

(thumbs u

If being stupid enough to buy a book from Trey is enough fodder to add me to the PL feel free to do so.

I personally don't think either of you should be probated. You both knew it was a PGX book.

Joey didn't know it was a PGX book until he opened the package. Trey knew it from the moment it was posted for sale.

Assuming he didn't know (and I see some people "thinking that" he did know), he certainly knew when he opened the package. It does not sound like he was going to say anything about it until the whole feedback mess came up.

I agree. That's why I said from the beginning that Trey knowingly manipulated scans to hide the fact the book he was selling on the CGC message boards was in a PGX slab. Who bought it is irrelevant.

I don't feel Joey was damaged by the sale. However, I don't think Trey should be allowed to continue to conduct business at will on the boards as if nothing has happened. This isn't the first time he has stumbled in the selling arena. Should we wait until he tries to scam a newer member out of a sizable amount of cash?

That is what concerns me as well.

My 2c on this.

(thumbs u

Who bought it is not relevant. What they did AFTER they bought it is.

This may not be the first time Trey has stumbled (I cannot really cite anything) but to my research he has never been nominated for or put on the PL until now.

Again, the PL is not about supposition and innuendo.

I still feel my HOS proposal is valid.

Who bought it is not relevant. What they did AFTER they bought it is.

This may not be the first time Trey has stumbled (I cannot really cite anything) but to my research he has never been nominated for or put on the PL until now.

Again, the PL is not about supposition and innuendo.

I still feel my HOS proposal is valid.

You are looking at the transaction from a completion point of view. Yes, the transaction was successfully completed. No, Joey did not return the book when he discovered it was in a PGX slab. Perhaps he is slow and needs to be cut some slack. Does this invalidate the fact that the book should have never been listed for sale on the boards to begin with? No.

I would agree to Trey being listed in the Hall of Shame.

divad just added Trey to the Probation List.

Doesn't Trey have 72 hours to respond to his being nominated to the list ... to be actually placed on the list?

I think POV actually did work with everyone to put that rule in place. Hopefully he helps clarify what the suggested engagement is now.

I saw the PL updated already and changed it back.

72 hours has already passed. Trey has been, ahem, "deeply" involved in the discussion of his antics. There is no need for this foolishness. We heard his "defense" already. That thread got nuked.

Unfortunately, there have been others who listed PGX books, and recently, but because they were less wacky, it never reached this point... Besides the brother/comic store story, what else has he done to deserve the HOS?

I might have missed something...:shrug:

I'm not defending his actions at all, but I don't think we can just put him in the HOS for this transaction.

If we put people in the HOS for being less than nice, it would be awfully crowded in there.

Unfortunately, there have been others who listed PGX books, and recently, but because they were less wacky, it never reached this point... Besides the brother/comic store story, what else has he done to deserve the HOS?

I'm not defending his actions at all, but I don't think we can just put him in the HOS for this transaction.

If we put people in the HOS for being less than nice, it would be awfully crowded in there.

Only the HOS "deserves" a "nomination"; the probation list is for transgressions.

People like "Trey Cannon" who have been caught lying, cheating and taking advantage of fellow boardies not once, not twice but three times should be banned from the boards.

I saw him lie in the selling thread, I don't "think" I saw him lie, I clearly remember him answering the question if the book was a PGX book with "The book is not slabbed, don't ask any more questions if you are not interested in buying".

If this was a real market place instead of a virtual one, he would have been thrown out on his a long time ago never mind how "slow" or mentally inefficient he is.

Plus of course the facts that he posted private PMs in various threads. I've seen the mods give out strikes just for that. But then again I'm sure somebody will chime in and tell me that isn't relevant to the Probation list and we can't hold that into account. But I'm still positive that everyone who has been following this knows deep down inside that Trey Cannon is bad news, that he has a history of deception and will try to deceive again.

Edited by chromium

People like "Trey Cannon" who have been caught lying, cheating and taking advantage of fellow boardies not once, not twice but three times should be banned from the boards.

I saw him lie in the selling thread, I don't "think" I saw him lie, I clearly remember him answering the question of the book was a PGX book with "The book is not slabbed, don't ask any more questions if you are not interested in buying".

If this was a real market place instead of a virtual one, he would have been thrown out on his a long time ago never mind how "slow" or mentally inefficient he is.

Plus of course the facts that he posted private PMs in various threads. I've seen the mods give out strikes just for that. But then again I'm sure somebody will chime in and tell me that isn't relevant to the Probation list and we can't hold that into account. But I'm still positive that everyone who has been following this knows deep down inside that Trey Cannon is bad news, that he has a history of deception and will try to deceive again.

Precisely. :sumo:

Only the HOS "deserves" a "nomination"; the probation list is for transgressions.

I guess what I am trying to say is, you could be setting a dangerous precedent here...if you make selling a PGX book all by itself, a HOS offense, then it should apply consistently in the future.

If you make selling a PGX book a probational offense, there is more leeway in the future..

I guess what I am trying to say is, you could be setting a dangerous precedent here...if you make selling a PGX book all by itself, a HOS offense, then it should apply consistently in the future.

If you make selling a PGX book a probational offense, there is more leeway in the future..

I'm not, and I didn't. Sharon, you must have been out of the loop. :hi:

I saw him lie in the selling thread, I don't "think" I saw him lie, I clearly remember him answering the question of the book was a PGX book with "The book is not slabbed, don't ask any more questions if you are not interested in buying".

Precisely. :sumo:

Word up. He's been on my personal PL since the earlier episode.

:frustrated:

Your sky blue rationale shines through again!

And if folks are selling PGX books on here, don't we think buyers are encouraging such behavior by not taking action afterwards and reporting the transaction?

Not that I am suggesting Joeypost deserves to be on the probaton list. It's just the nature of the beast when available money is being thrown around. In this case, the buyer appears to not have known in advance.

I saw him lie in the selling thread, I don't "think" I saw him lie, I clearly remember him answering the question if the book was a PGX book with "The book is not slabbed, don't ask any more questions if you are not interested in buying".

Plus of course the facts that he posted private PMs in various threads. I've seen the mods give out strikes just for that. But then again I'm sure somebody will chime in and tell me that isn't relevant to the Probation list and we can't hold that into account. But I'm still positive that everyone who has been following this knows deep down inside that Trey Cannon is bad news, that he has a history of deception and will try to deceive again. [/quote]

Without a doubt, but we don't have the right to ban someone.

I wonder if there has ever been a petition to ban someone?