• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

PROBATION DISCUSSIONS
21 21

36,203 posts in this topic

The specific punishment & rule #1 from forum guidelines:

For Sale – Threads may be removed for failure to comply, and repeated issues could result in strikes.

1.Books must be CGC or raw only, or items directly related to comics.

If violating rule #1 is PL worthy, which one of you man-babies is going to nominate Chuck Gower for trying to peddle a sweet Florida Panthers Vanbiesbrouck jersey in the mixed forum?

:taptaptap:

As I have said many times before I made a mistake in not outing him the second I saw the slab was a PGX slab. The 500 things I have to do during the day took my mind off of it until Trey reminded me with his solicitation for feedback.

Actually it was not Trey soliciting feedback. It was, in your own words,

Seeing he had no problem posting the transaction PM everywhere and the mods seem reluctant to remove them I nominate Trey for selling PGX slabs on the CGC boards. Breaking rule #1 and being a repeat offender.

But still - why would you say nothing, remove the book form the slab and keep it for yourself?

Peter you have some good points.

But I still would like to know why it it is OK for Joey to have removed the book from the PGX slab, put it in mylar for his own use, and then nominate Trey for selling PGX books.

Am I the only person seeing something very much askew with this?

Probably not, but Trey shouldn't have been selling PGX books and lying about it to begin with. It doesn't matter if Joey stuck the book up his arse when he received it.

If nobody had purchased the book Trey would still be in the wrong for selling or attempting to sell PGX books.

But someone did buy the book. and would have accepted it and not revealed it. That is not an "if" scenario but what actually happened.

If this is all supposed to be in support of the community, how would Joey's taking the book and deslabbing it for his collection support the community?

It was all a masterful plot to discredit Trey Cannon. You sleuthed him out. He would've gotten away with it if it hadn't been for you meddling kids.

Oh, and the next time Trey has a sales thread, load your buggy up. Throw your support and the support of the community behind him. (thumbs u

The bottom line in this whole fiasco is that:

1- Neither should be on the PL since neither Trey nor Joey committed any PL violations as per the rules

2- Joey should have come out with the news of the PGX slab the moment he received it, if it was a problem for him, but he chose not to and just kept the book

3- Trey violated rule #1 from the selling guidelines and should be handled by the mods if they desire to take any action

4- We should all know better than to deal with Trey as a seller

And with that I leave the lengthy and inane discussion.

But I still would like to know why it it is OK for Joey to have removed the book from the PGX slab, put it in mylar for his own use, and then nominate Trey for selling PGX books.

Probably not, but Trey shouldn't have been selling PGX books and lying about it to begin with. It doesn't matter if Joey stuck the book up his arse when he received it.

If nobody had purchased the book Trey would still be in the wrong for selling or attempting to sell PGX books.

But someone did buy the book. and would have accepted it and not revealed it. That is not an "if" scenario but what actually happened.

If this is all supposed to be in support of the community, how would Joey's taking the book and deslabbing it for his collection support the community?

It was all a masterful plot to discredit Trey Cannon. You sleuthed him out. He would've gotten away with it if it hadn't been for you meddling kids.

Oh, and the next time Trey has a sales thread, load your buggy up. Throw your support and the support of the community behind him. (thumbs u

I :luhv: DrWatson

The specific punishment & rule #1 from forum guidelines:

For Sale – Threads may be removed for failure to comply, and repeated issues could result in strikes.

1.Books must be CGC or raw only, or items directly related to comics.

If violating rule #1 is PL worthy, which one of you man-babies is going to nominate Chuck Gower for trying to peddle a sweet Florida Panthers Vanbiesbrouck jersey in the mixed forum?

:taptaptap:

Don't forget rule #8: List estimated shipping costs, times, and methods.

How many PL additions would we have if we start to enforce that, especially the "times" spec.

http://boards.collectors-society.com/ubbthreads.php?ubb=showflat&Number=1460472#Post1460472

The bottom line in this whole fiasco is that:

1- Neither should be on the PL since neither Trey nor Joey committed any PL violations as per the rules

2- Joey should have come out with the news of the PGX slab the moment he received it, if it was a problem for him, but he chose not to and just kept the book

3- Trey violated rule #1 from the selling guidelines and should be handled by the mods if they desire to take any action

4- We should all know better than to deal with Trey as a seller

And with that I leave the lengthy and inane discussion.

I nominate Trey for the WSAKBTTDW List

As I have said many times before I made a mistake in not outing him the second I saw the slab was a PGX slab. The 500 things I have to do during the day took my mind off of it until Trey reminded me with his solicitation for feedback.

Actually it was not Trey soliciting feedback. It was, in your own words,

Seeing he had no problem posting the transaction PM everywhere and the mods seem reluctant to remove them I nominate Trey for selling PGX slabs on the CGC boards. Breaking rule #1 and being a repeat offender.

But still - why would you say nothing, remove the book form the slab and keep it for yourself?

You are confusing me initially outing him and then later, being asked by others to nominate him. When I write about the solicitation for feedback and the grief I received when I stated the book was in a PGX holder. When I was reminded of the other junk he tried to pull I did not nominate him for the PL. All I did was out him for selling a PGX slab.

Why did I keep it? It was not worth the hassle of returning it, and I wanted a copy to read. If this was a purchase to do CPR on, I would have made a bigger deal out of it. In the end I got what I wanted, a raw book. Had it come in a CGC holder it would be sitting in the same mylite and fullback.

So you consider my proposal that what he did is not PL worthy but instead is HOS worthy to be throwing support to him? How do you figure that?

So you consider my proposal that what he did is not PL worthy but instead is HOS worthy to be throwing support to him? How do you figure that?

In this case it really shouldn't matter. The posted 30 day rule has elapsed so neither the PL or the HOS should apply.

Regardless of weather or not Joey purchased the book to press it and have it reslabbed for a profit, or weather or not he wanted to crack it out and display it in a mylar, or weather or not he knew it was or wasn't any other form of book than it was supposed to be... this transaction was completed and the time to complain about it has passed.

I don't know Trey or Joey at all but since this transaction was completed to the satisfaction of both parties involved WITHIN THE TIME FRAME SPECIFIED, there really isn't any justification THIS TIME to put either man on any list or put either of their futures here to any vote concerning HOS.

Probation List or Hall of Shame, what difference does it make? Check whatever box makes you feel good and move on. My God, it's like talking to a government worker. :P

In this case it really shouldn't matter. The posted 30 day rule has elapsed so neither the PL or the HOS should apply.

Regardless of weather or not Joey purchased the book to press it and have it reslabbed for a profit, or weather or not he wanted to crack it out and display it in a mylar, or weather or not he knew it was or wasn't any other form of book than it was supposed to be... this transaction was completed and the time to complain about it has passed.

I don't know Trey or Joey at all but since this transaction was completed to the satisfaction of both parties involved WITHIN THE TIME FRAME SPECIFIED, there really isn't any justification THIS TIME to put either man on any list or put either of their futures here to any vote concerning HOS.

This all took place in the last 10 days. Are you saying 30 days have passed and the statute of limitations to complain no longer exist?

This all took place in the last 10 days. Are you saying 30 days have passed and the statute of limitations to complain no longer exist?

Joey what date did you receive the book from Trey?

Although Rupp's point is meant to show some level of reasonable time to file a complaint, I'm not sure we have this rule. Do we?

But it's not a bad point, as even crazy Ebay has a cutoff when someone can leave neutral or negative feedback.

Probation List or Hall of Shame, what difference does it make? Check whatever box makes you feel good and move on. My God, it's like talking to a government worker. :P

I'd like Doc to explain why he thinks Trey is so good at getting sketches?

My dad used to have a phrase....smart-stupid.

People that acted dumb but in fact were extremely smart and manipulative.

I know you read my posts even though you have me on ignore and brendanb438 also asked, so fess up.

Is this what you are saying Trey is doing?

The difference is that what we do with the PL has impact on future PL additions. If the door is open to one thing it will be the wedge that gets wider and pushed the door open more.

This whole thing is a completely clucked up on both sides.

I appreciate the "government worker" comment. It works nicely in my sigline. Thank you! (thumbs u

Joey what date did you receive the book from Trey?

Tuesday or Wednesday of this week. Payment was sent via paypal on 11/10/2011. IIRC he mailed it out Monday. Payment, now that I look at it was sent not to Trey but to a Ronnie Chandler. Not sure who that is.

The 30 day rule is not a statute of limitations. It is the amount of time that has to go by for a bad transaction to be made good before the PL process begins.