• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

PROBATION DISCUSSIONS
21 21

36,203 posts in this topic

Defects look pressable to me. 2 pages on this gave me a headache. I'll pay the $10 joeypost pressing fee is you guys give it a rest...

+1. Just give the guy $10-15 back so he can press it.

The $15 to get it pressed and shipped to Joey is fair and I'm willing to do that. The seller just refuses to work out anything.

No whats sad is a buyer would let someone else that has a vendetta to get their way run them off when the seller has nothing else but good feedback from other buyers.

I have no vendetta against you. I have nothing but positive feedback here as well. The pressing idea works for me. I would rather have the book than my money back. Let's work this out.

Dr. X, I appreciate you saying that and that was I was trying to make clear. He never asked about return policy, never ask for back scans, nothing of the such.

I have no ax to grind with anyone here but if your going to run sales threads on these boards and build a reputation, do it the right way.

Your selling policies and rules should be stated up front and clear as far as refunds. Any seller on here that's reputable offers a full refund regardless, it just isnt worth the nonsense and its the way to do business on here.

Second, many of us do not supply B.C. scans on the lower value books but offer scans up front if they are requested. Save yourself some headaches in the the future and tweak your sale rules up front.

Also, I know if I was buying a $50.00 book I would not want a range of VF - NM provided. That's just too broad of a range and someones going to not be satisfiesd. If they're thinking it could be a NM book and they get a VF book you got problems. Just my 2c

:facepalm:

What business model are you using? I've never heard of one that encourages you to destroy your sales channels.

Returns are a cost of doing business, regardless of fault. If you can't handle that you shouldn't be in the customer service business of comic books sales.

Take the book back, refund his money, and sell it to someone else at the proper grade.

You've said a couple of times that the buyer 'could have' damaged the book. Did you examine the back of the book for spine cracks when you graded it as 9.6/9.8 quality?

The seller states in the sales thread, " All books appear to be in VF-Nm condition (images are for people to see and grade the books for themselves)

:facepalm: Kind of tough with no back cover scan.

Second, why would you tell the buyer a different grade from what you advertised?

Regardless, this should have been resolved between the two of you. Most of us offer full refunds on anything we sale on here, period.

That's exactly why I asked about the grade before purchase. No picture of the back and VF-NM to me is a huge range. I wanted to make sure it was in a grade I could live with. It's obvious he still doesn't want to work this out.

I'm not following this. Your right about VF - NM being a huge range. That's an o.k. way to grade if your selling dollar books or low grade stuff. But if no B.C. scan was provided and you weren't sure of the grade, why did you buy it?

Did you ask the seller about his refund policy before your purchase. These are all things to look for in a sellers sales thread before purchasing. Not that it would solve this problem now, but to avoid problems with later purchases regardless of where.

I did not ask for a scan of the back. My experience on these boards has been good when asking directly about condition, so I took him at his word. But just incase I did buy insurance to prevent against this when the seller offered it to me. Here is more of our PM exchange:

ok man ill try and add some more later today and will put that on hold for u

sorry for not adding anything else to the site yet just having some issues trying to get straightened out. What kind of books are you looking for and ill see what I have that way it wont hold you up from getting this particular item.

I am a JSC collector so anything JSC that I do not have that is in at least cgc 9.6 condition I am interested in.

ok well the elephentmen #18 if the only J Scott Campbell I have right now. So if you want send me your email and I will invoice you for this and get it out to you tmmrw. It will be double bagged and boarded placed between four sturdy card board peices, placed in bubble mailer. Never have any issues but can insure it for you as well. Just let me know how you would like it sent media or priority and if you want insured and I will send invoice over to you.

Yes I want it insured and sent priority. I don't want anything to happen to it. paypal is: @hotmail.com

Thanks

So made sure before all of this. That's why the seller is saying the transaction is $58 and I'm saying $50. $50 was purchase price and $8 was shipping with insurance.

Edited by CollecDestination

Im putting this out there in front of all boardies. I am willing to do a partial refund of $10.00 to this gentlemen because I know he stats $15.00 but the site I found online for pressing says $10.00 for comics after 1980 which this qualifies for. But this payment will not be able to be sent until Wed, 10/17/2012 to the buyer.

But for those who want to say something about return policies, etc. It is always listed on my invoices as follows for all buyers and when invoice is paid I assume they took time to read the invoice, which includes this information before paying which evidently from the buyers on words, stating that he was not aware of this until the paypal dispute shows he did not read his invoice.

"Terms and conditions

Item is "AS IS" buyer has seen condition of books and agrees with conditioning prior to purchase. Item will be insured to be sure it arrives to customer in condition it left and to protect from any damage that could happen while in transit through USPS."

And for those who made comments about it being insured if it is over a $50.00 book. The item was insured but you can't do anything with postal insurance until you have images to provide to them which this buyer never did provide until this thread today.

:facepalm:

What business model are you using? I've never heard of one that encourages you to destroy your sales channels.

Returns are a cost of doing business, regardless of fault. If you can't handle that you shouldn't be in the customer service business of comic books sales.

Take the book back, refund his money, and sell it to someone else at the proper grade.

I agree. This all could have and still can be worked out.

Im putting this out there in front of all boardies. I am willing to do a partial refund of $10.00 to this gentlemen because I know he stats $15.00 but the site I found online for pressing says $10.00 for comics after 1980 which this qualifies for. But this payment will not be able to be sent until Wed, 10/17/2012 to the buyer.

But for those who want to say something about return policies, etc. It is always listed on my invoices as follows for all buyers and when invoice is paid I assume they took time to read the invoice, which includes this information before paying which evidently from the buyers on words, stating that he was not aware of this until the paypal dispute shows he did not read his invoice.

"Terms and conditions

Item is "AS IS" buyer has seen condition of books and agrees with conditioning prior to purchase. Item will be insured to be sure it arrives to customer in condition it left and to protect from any damage that could happen while in transit through USPS."

And for those who made comments about it being insured if it is over a $50.00 book. The item was insured but you can't do anything with postal insurance until you have images to provide to them which this buyer never did provide until this thread today.

just give him the money back and get the book back. with every statement you make, your losing potential customers.

he doesnt want partial just give all back. dont sell as is unless you post that in the sales thread, and if you do, front and back scans. dont make him send it off for pressing, just give him jis money and take the loss

"Terms and conditions

I would never buy from this seller. Period. Bite me if you don't like it. :grin:

"Terms and conditions

I would never buy from this seller. Period. Bite me if you don't like it. :grin:

Nothing better than getting to the point but I think a few of us were trying to be helpful. lol

"Terms and conditions

I'm glad you're making some attempt to work with the buyer. I give you a great deal of credit for that.

I must say, without any attempt at hostility, that I can't agree with your overall position.

First, this is a small community and your reputation is everything. For every beaver watching this thread there are a dozen curled up in their dams taking notes.

Second, selling 'as is' is a non starter for me. If I sell something and the buyer is unhappy I will do whatever it takes to fix the problem. I've had two occasions where I've refunded $$ so far. The first was a book damaged when the box was crushed in transit - I gave him a full refund and told him to keep the book. The second a low grade AF15 came back restored - I refunded his money, his express grading fees and all of his shipping costs from me to him, to CGC, back to him and finally back to me. It sucked but it's how I would want to be treated.

Also, if you're gonna try to sell 'as is' you should provide a back cover scan. Give them all the information you can.

Lastly, it's crystal clear that the buyer isn't struggling with buyer's remorse. He wanted this book in high grade and he's not happy with the copy you sold him. It's possible that it was damaged in shipping but it's more likely you missed the spine tics or you're not as fussy a grader as him. And having a witness doesn't mean anything. You could have 10 people look at this book but unless they've made many high grade submissions to CGC their opinion doesn't mean much.

But for those who want to say something about return policies, etc. It is always listed on my invoices as follows for all buyers and when invoice is paid I assume they took time to read the invoice,

Right, you're assuming. Put your policies right up front in the sales thread, that's it. If someone just happens not to fully read the invoice, and they already hit the 'I'll take it", then its going to be a problem on both ends. And selling books " as is ", won't get you many customers, including me. Good luck at getting this resolved. (thumbs u

Edited by DR.X

"Terms and conditions

so you don't list your "conditions" in your sales thread, but rather when you send the invoice? what a load of carp. doh!

thats as stupid as sellers wanting buyers to pay the 4% Paypal fees :facepalm:

"Terms and conditions

"As is" is not the norm for this board...Bells are going to go off any time someone sees that. DrX is correct, post your policy upfront so people can see BEFORE they post a take it, because it will appear that you are hiding your terms, since they would be controversial.

I would suggest you do a full refund, and just apologize, this is a precious venue. Take the book, send it to Joey and resell it later, you will only be out the grading and mailing cost.

"Terms and conditions

"As is" is not the norm for this board...Bells are going to go off any time someone sees that. DrX is correct, post your policy upfront so people can see BEFORE they post a take it, because it will appear that you are hiding your terms, since they would be controversial.

I would suggest you do a full refund, and just apologize, this is a precious venue. Take the book, send it to Joey and resell it later, you will only be out the grading and mailing cost.

I really agree here. "As Is"? Why even bother listing a grade since your 'As Is" would have the potential to override a mis-grade. It also has the reality of turning off a LOT of potential buyers.

Of what possible use is putting your terms on the invoice that can only be viewed after the decision to buy is made? The :takeit: is the definitive statement on the buyer's part. To reveal these terms at that stage of the transaction demonstrates either a real ignorance of the forum selling process or a "don't give a damn" attitude.

"Terms and conditions

I'm glad you're making some attempt to work with the buyer. I give you a great deal of credit for that.

I must say, without any attempt at hostility, that I can't agree with your overall position.

First, this is a small community and your reputation is everything. For every beaver watching this thread there are a dozen curled up in their dams taking notes.

Second, selling 'as is' is a non starter for me. If I sell something and the buyer is unhappy I will do whatever it takes to fix the problem. I've had two occasions where I've refunded $$ so far. The first was a book damaged when the box was crushed in transit - I gave him a full refund and told him to keep the book. The second a low grade AF15 came back restored - I refunded his money, his express grading fees and all of his shipping costs from me to him, to CGC, back to him and finally back to me. It sucked but it's how I would want to be treated.

Also, if you're gonna try to sell 'as is' you should provide a back cover scan. Give them all the information you can.

Lastly, it's crystal clear that the buyer isn't struggling with buyer's remorse. He wanted this book in high grade and he's not happy with the copy you sold him. It's possible that it was damaged in shipping but it's more likely you missed the spine tics or you're not as fussy a grader as him. And having a witness doesn't mean anything. You could have 10 people look at this book but unless they've made many high grade submissions to CGC their opinion doesn't mean much.

I am one of those beavers curled up in my dam. :hi:

"Terms and conditions

I really agree here. "As Is"? Why even bother listing a grade since your 'As Is" would have the potential to override a mis-grade. It also has the reality of turning off a LOT of potential buyers.

Of what possible use is putting your terms on the invoice that can only be viewed after the decision to buy is made? The :takeit: is the definitive statement on the buyer's part. To reveal these terms at that stage of the transaction demonstrates either a real ignorance of the forum selling process or a "don't give a damn" attitude.

And why did he state that the books are "as is", when he basically promised the buyer the book would be a 9.6/9.8? Makes the seller seem shady hm

:applause: (thumbs u

Is that some kind of Canadian expression? :baiting: Love it! :hi:

Ill just leave it at this if the moderators want to put me on the probation list that is fine. I stand behind principle it is funny how people say he provided images of damages but everyone wants to not see it has been in his possession for 33 days and this is the first images to surface of the damages through the whole dispute process, etc.

I don't know if this is an appropriate place to comment on the character of a Boardie, so I'll keep it short.

I know that you don't know CollecDestination (Mitch) from a load of hay, so it's natural to be suspicious, especially with the stuff that goes on on Ebay. However, I would like to say that I have had plenty of dealings with Mitch, he's a great Boardie friend of mine. He has facilitated signings and opps for me, given buying advice when I had little experience, we've done trades and has always been forthright, ethical and honest. For what my opinion is worth, he is not the kind of guy to pull the ol' switcheroo or anything shady like that.

It sounds like a honest oversight on the sellers part mixed with some mis-communication. Hope you guys can work it out.

:applause: (thumbs u

Is that some kind of Canadian expression? :baiting: Love it! :hi:

Beaver logic. :cloud9: