• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

PROBATION DISCUSSIONS
21 21

36,203 posts in this topic

Wouldn't have remembered who it was except he was a character in One of my books

:whee:

There is some poetic justice going on there, I'm thinking.

How long are you holding out with the emoticons, Rocky? :shrug: Ad infinitum?

I immortalized RMA on one of my covers...

:cloud9:

Wouldn't have remembered who it was except he was a character in One of my books

http://boards.collectors-society.com/ubbthreads.php?ubb=showflat&Number=6084375&fpart=1

:wishluck:

reading this made my stomach turn. I have $180 worth out there from this guy. i got a tracking number on the books and they've been sent but im just hoping it all turns out well. wish i wouldnt have seen this until after i recieved the package haha.

http://boards.collectors-society.com/ubbthreads.php?ubb=showflat&Number=6084375&fpart=1

Nah.

As soon as your strikes are expunged from the record - and you've avoided a banning - normal service will no doubt be resumed.

Nah.

As soon as your strikes are expunged from the record - and you've avoided a banning - normal service will no doubt be resumed.

Ya think;)?

+1

Nah.

Screenshot2010-10-29at111255PM.png

Nah.

Ya think;)?

+1

:luhv:

you_think_you_know_but_you_dont_know_t_shirt-r3e91f09764e04cf1993081c4d3a5a85a_f0czj_512.jpg

^which makes me worry even more about my $180 investment that ive been waiting to recieve. it was sent out late and i have a tracking number for it but yea. makes me skeptical about buying on here again. I figured this site would be better then ebay because just a bunch of collectors dealing with each other then I deal with this guy leaves me worried. hopefully I have a better experience next time that will make me re-think my worries.

I've been on here a little over three years and haven't had any problems with anyone I've dealt with. It's unfortunate if on your first transaction you ran into someone unreliable. I would encourage you to stick around, most sellers on here are great to work with.

^which makes me worry even more about my $180 investment that ive been waiting to recieve. it was sent out late and i have a tracking number for it but yea. makes me skeptical about buying on here again. I figured this site would be better then ebay because just a bunch of collectors dealing with each other then I deal with this guy leaves me worried. hopefully I have a better experience next time that will make me re-think my worries.

Seriously this place is miles above eBay. If you look at who is on the probie list, he is one of the few who constantly come back, waiting sometimes a year to use shill accounts. Don't let this be your overall view of sellers on the boards.

If a known shill does try to come on here and sell, the vets are good at finding them and bringing them out. I wouldn't have even realized it was Sergio if not what I mentioned earlier.

Agreed....and I hate to be harsh on new folks (we are all new at some time), but even here you want to take care with folks that are selling relatively quickly after getting here. Do not be shy asking for references. Also, the long-standing folks tend to be pretty helpful...send a few PMs around asking about someone if you have concerns.

Best of luck, and despite Sergio's abyssmal track record, I hope that your transaction completes without difficulty. If nothing else, you always have charge back options if you paid by credit card and paypal is unhelpful (thumbs u

There's been several new people that start selling as soon as they get here. Many don't even take the time to read the selling rules. I think there should be a waiting period before noobs can start selling here.

And poof, Sergio (megacon) deleted all of his sales threads/posts...

Sergio (aka megacon) denied my request for a refund on PayPal, so I had to escalate to a claim. He's trying to act like I never sent him the books back even though I have a tracking number showing the books were delivered to the return address on 10/19; I'm still waiting for PayPal's decision. How sad this waste of sperm is...

There's been several new people that start selling as soon as they get here. Many don't even take the time to read the selling rules. I think there should be a waiting period before noobs can start selling here.

I was always opposed to this idea Mike, but more and more it makes sense to me. Will it stop someone who's willing to make a bunch of posts or wait the required time? Perhaps not ,but it would allow us to get a cut of their jib and it would give them an opportunity to learn about this place and perhaps learn the rules and culture.

I was always opposed to this idea Mike, but more and more it makes sense to me. Will it stop someone who's willing to make a bunch of posts or wait the required time? Perhaps not ,but it would allow us to get a cut of their jib and it would give them an opportunity to learn about this place and perhaps learn the rules and culture.

Spot on.

Spot on.

+ 3.

Spot on.

+ 3.

Unfortunately I don't think it will stop anyone determined to trick people.

Just means they have to be polite till they qualify.

Spot on.

+ 3.

Unfortunately I don't think it will stop anyone determined to trick people.

Just means they have to be polite till they qualify.

Butt some just can't act polite for long.