• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

PROBATION DISCUSSIONS
21 21

36,203 posts in this topic

I request to be removed from the probation list. I was put on for not sending invoices out on my april sales thread. That has been done and all who have paid so far have been shipped out.

On a side note, all boardies who purchased got their books for $6. Books were free. The $6 was just to cover shipping.

If I've missed an invoice or anyone has any problems with their order, pm me and I will take care of it asap.

Brent...since this was unfortunately not the first time there was a problem (I believe you have been brought up on this thread at least 2 other times) . Why was there a problem here, and why did it take so long to correct it. ?

Also, do you have a list of everything involved and a resolution for each instance?

I've done a search on this thread on not found anything before april.

I have sent out invoices to all boardies for these books and then anyone who sent the $6 got books shipped for free. I don't really know what else there is for me to do at this point.

I do have a reason for not sending out the invoices and it mostly has to do with I wasn't comfortable with the page quality of the books being shipped. I had 300+ copies of certain issues in 9.8. But I didn't realize most of them had less than ow/w page quality. That's one reason why I ultimately decided to ship all books for free. I should have sent the invoices much earlier. I have sent out all invoices and shipments when the $6 was paid.

It still isn't clear why I was added in the first place to me as no one had any money that they had lost. But I'm glad I was able to make things right by the guys (and possibly girls) that took the time to go through my thread, buy books and finally get them. As far as my track record goes, I now ship within 1 business day on all orders since I've hired some great help for Quality Comix. My ebay feedback is stellar. I just wish I hadn't procastinated on sending out these invoices due to my lack of confidence in the page quality of a few issues.

What's the probation list for if you can't ever get off the list?

I am not quite sure why you didn't post this months ago?

That would have made more sense, but you never answered, just ignored the issue.

The probation list is to protect the community from people who act in less than an acceptable, safe manner.

This is the third time I can remember you having had a problem shipping books and you were on this thread. It was not last year, but prior times.

Each time you were your usual charming self...but waiting for months to respond here, just seems to be less than remorseful.

Personally, I think we need some time to hear from the people who were upset...and there is the issue of recidivism. How many times is it OK to not ship, or respond in a timely manner?

That's fine to wait to hear from everyone.

I'm not attempting to be charming. I am sorry as I've said above. 1 boardie wanted his purchases from the thread for a signing and after the date passed he no longer needed them. :(

Please point out any time I was on the probation list or discussed in the probation thread as I don't recall anything.

There was a time about 1.5 years ago that I was not responsive to a boardie (not on the boards) but thru my site. That situation was resolved to his satisfaction. There was a family situation at the time I was dealing with.

As far as recidivism, that is insulting to the 99.9% of transactions that are perfect between me and my customers. I realize I've screwed this up by not sending out invoices. And I was not responsive at 1 point about 1.5 years ago. I don't do just a few transactions a year. I do literally thousands. I have tried to make things right. If that's not enough, then there's nothing more I can do.

I asked if you had a list, so we would know when everyone responded.

I know there was a thread (if it was not on here) more than 1.5 years ago...

I'm not sure why it makes a difference if you do thousands of transactions or 1? If you remember, dealers were not allowed on these threads until a few years ago.

It would've been nice to have had that explanation at the time as opposed to the ignored PM's. To be fair, he did PM not too long ago asking if I still wanted the books and If I would ask to get him removed from the PL. I declined on both accounts.

I understand why you're pizzed at me. Even if it's over a small $$ book. It's the principle of it. I get it. Maybe down the road you'll see a book you like on my site or ebay and I can get another chance to earn your business.

But seriously, why wait 6 months to reply here? You were worried about the PQ of some of the comics, so you just freaked out and shut down for half a year? That's a tough story to swallow. if it's true I'm sorry, but it's hard to believe. Much easier to believe is that you got side tracked, were annoyed that you were being called out, and said "Funk it."

Nope, that is the initial reason why. The PQ problem. Then I was really shocked that I would be put on a probation list for not sending out invoices. And it made it worse because completing the transactions would have gotten more blowback for the poor PQ. All my fault. I finally figured out that sending them for free was the only solution for both being way late and for the potential poor PQ.

I do hope I get another chance. I'm not really intending to sell on the boards anytime soon but what matters more is that I've made things right to the best of my abilities.

I guess all I'd suggest for the next time is that, if you have a problem of any sort, you should communicate. Don't like the PQ and not sure what to do about it? Tell folks. I can almost guarantee that every transaction would have been a positive one if you'd just told people what was up.

I request to be removed from the probation list. I was put on for not sending invoices out on my april sales thread. That has been done and all who have paid so far have been shipped out.

On a side note, all boardies who purchased got their books for $6. Books were free. The $6 was just to cover shipping.

If I've missed an invoice or anyone has any problems with their order, pm me and I will take care of it asap.

Brent...since this was unfortunately not the first time there was a problem (I believe you have been brought up on this thread at least 2 other times) . Why was there a problem here, and why did it take so long to correct it. ?

Also, do you have a list of everything involved and a resolution for each instance?

I have sent out invoices to all boardies for these books and then anyone who sent the $6 got books shipped for free. I don't really know what else there is for me to do at this point.

I do have a reason for not sending out the invoices and it mostly has to do with I wasn't comfortable with the page quality of the books being shipped. I had 300+ copies of certain issues in 9.8. But I didn't realize most of them had less than ow/w page quality. That's one reason why I ultimately decided to ship all books for free. I should have sent the invoices much earlier. I have sent out all invoices and shipments when the $6 was paid.

It still isn't clear why I was added in the first place to me as no one had any money that they had lost. But I'm glad I was able to make things right by the guys (and possibly girls) that took the time to go through my thread, buy books and finally get them. As far as my track record goes, I now ship within 1 business day on all orders since I've hired some great help for Quality Comix. My ebay feedback is stellar. I just wish I hadn't procastinated on sending out these invoices due to my lack of confidence in the page quality of a few issues.

That would have made more sense, but you never answered, just ignored the issue.

The probation list is to protect the community from people who act in less than an acceptable, safe manner.

This is the third time I can remember you having had a problem shipping books and you were on this thread. It was not last year, but prior times.

Each time you were your usual charming self...but waiting for months to respond here, just seems to be less than remorseful.

Personally, I think we need some time to hear from the people who were upset...and there is the issue of recidivism. How many times is it OK to not ship, or respond in a timely manner?

I'm not attempting to be charming. I am sorry as I've said above. 1 boardie wanted his purchases from the thread for a signing and after the date passed he no longer needed them. :(

Please point out any time I was on the probation list or discussed in the probation thread as I don't recall anything.

There was a time about 1.5 years ago that I was not responsive to a boardie (not on the boards) but thru my site. That situation was resolved to his satisfaction. There was a family situation at the time I was dealing with.

As far as recidivism, that is insulting to the 99.9% of transactions that are perfect between me and my customers. I realize I've screwed this up by not sending out invoices. And I was not responsive at 1 point about 1.5 years ago. I don't do just a few transactions a year. I do literally thousands. I have tried to make things right. If that's not enough, then there's nothing more I can do.

I'm not sure why it makes a difference if you do thousands of transactions or 1? If you remember, dealers were not allowed on these threads until a few years ago.

It would've been nice to have had that explanation at the time as opposed to the ignored PM's. To be fair, he did PM not too long ago asking if I still wanted the books and If I would ask to get him removed from the PL. I declined on both accounts.

I understand why you're pizzed at me. Even if it's over a small $$ book. It's the principle of it. I get it. Maybe down the road you'll see a book you like on my site or ebay and I can get another chance to earn your business.

But seriously, why wait 6 months to reply here? You were worried about the PQ of some of the comics, so you just freaked out and shut down for half a year? That's a tough story to swallow. if it's true I'm sorry, but it's hard to believe. Much easier to believe is that you got side tracked, were annoyed that you were being called out, and said "Funk it."

Nope, that is the initial reason why. The PQ problem. Then I was really shocked that I would be put on a probation list for not sending out invoices. And it made it worse because completing the transactions would have gotten more blowback for the poor PQ. All my fault. I finally figured out that sending them for free was the only solution for both being way late and for the potential poor PQ.

I do hope I get another chance. I'm not really intending to sell on the boards anytime soon but what matters more is that I've made things right to the best of my abilities.

I guess all I'd suggest for the next time is that, if you have a problem of any sort, you should communicate. Don't like the PQ and not sure what to do about it? Tell folks. I can almost guarantee that every transaction would have been a positive one if you'd just told people what was up.

+1

We have lots of folks who sell a ton of books...I've never seen Bedrock here (unless he was just being a wise guy)..or Dale Roberts or anyone else who is a dealer...Dan is right, communication is the key... All you had to do was post and explain, or ... :idea: even post in your sales thread...

I don't mind if you send me a list, but I'm dealing with Hurricane Sandy stuff right now, so I KNOW I will not be able to look at anything quickly. This is the first time I've had full access to a computer in 10 days...just happened to look at this thread. .

Doubtful, especially when there are plenty of other sellers on here I've bought from that I would consider more reliable. For what it's worth, I'm glad that the people you were able to make right by are happy.

this whole situation reminds me of how ComicSupply would act. Ignore everyone and everything until they need to start selling here on the boards, then beg to be taken off the probation list. Within a short amount of time, they disappear, people put them on the probation list, wash, lather, rinse, repeat, etc., etc., :facepalm:

I'm not planning on selling in a board sales thread anytime in the next few months. Also, I've had over a million dollars of history of sales to boardies on boards sales threads with zero problems until I didn't send out invoices on this modern thread. I'm not ComicSupply and never will be, although I understand what you're saying.

Sharon, a lot of my friends are dealing with aftermath of Sandy. Sorry to hear you're one of them. Between that and the storm that hit yesterday, you all are dealing with a lot. If there's someone else that I can send this too that might have a little more time right now, I would be happy to include them in the PM exchange as well.

Communication is what should have happened immediately after I found out about the PQ issue. I 1000% agree.

My question is, do people really look at this list? I know of at least 1 person was on that list that has bought and sold on these boards while on the list.

It's hard for everyone to keep tabs on the list at all times. If you know of PLers who are buying & selling, just mention it here. There's need to be coy about it.

I'm not planning on selling in a board sales thread anytime in the next few months. Also, I've had over a million dollars of history of sales to boardies on boards sales threads with zero problems until I didn't send out invoices on this modern thread. I'm not ComicSupply and never will be, although I understand what you're saying.

Sharon, a lot of my friends are dealing with aftermath of Sandy. Sorry to hear you're one of them. Between that and the storm that hit yesterday, you all are dealing with a lot. If there's someone else that I can send this too that might have a little more time right now, I would be happy to include them in the PM exchange as well.

Communication is what should have happened immediately after I found out about the PQ issue. I 1000% agree.

Yes, Sandy left a mess, for sure...we were very lucky next to others, at least the poles didn't fall ON the house:) Still no electricity there.

As for this stuff...

First of all, you have Logan510 who is not willing to take you off the list. That's an issue, he is a member in good standing and his thoughts should be given consideration. I just don't know if there are others in the same boat...so we need time to see.

This is not the first time that communication has been an issue, Brent...I don't really get it, but I did find two recent threads.

I KNOW there was an older thread where you did not mail out books, or communicate, because I remember being shocked that you did not answer for a while and when you did, you seemed insulted that anyone brought up the problem...but I'm not the best at searching and it may have been locked.

I did find these two threads in from the past 2 years.

http://boards.collectors-society.com/ubbthreads.php?ubb=showflat&Number=4957599&fpart=1

http://boards.collectors-society.com/ubbthreads.php?ubb=showflat&Number=4275716&fpart=1

And by the way, when you know when you're wrong and you're just trying to put it behind you, this is how you do it.

Yes, Sandy left a mess, for sure...we were very lucky next to others, at least the poles didn't fall ON the house:) Still no electricity there.

As for this stuff...

First of all, you have Logan510 who is not willing to take you off the list. That's an issue, he is a member in good standing and his thoughts should be given consideration. I just don't know if there are others in the same boat...so we need time to see.

This is not the first time that communication has been an issue, Brent...I don't really get it, but I did find two recent threads.

I KNOW there was an older thread where you did not mail out books, or communicate, because I remember being shocked that you did not answer for a while and when you did, you seemed insulted that anyone brought up the problem...but I'm not the best at searching and it may have been locked.

I did find these two threads in from the past 2 years.

http://boards.collectors-society.com/ubbthreads.php?ubb=showflat&Number=4957599&fpart=1

http://boards.collectors-society.com/ubbthreads.php?ubb=showflat&Number=4275716&fpart=1

As I said there were a few communication issues that were my fault awhile back. It won't happen again. Let me know what I need to do at this point.

Well I don't know Brent from a hole in the wall, but a least he is here NOW trying to make things right.

I mean even with the inconvienence of having to wait for invoices... the man is still giving you what you bought off him for the cost of shipping to make amends.

That at least says that he's willing to earn your business back... and I'm sure giving all that sheeet away isn't helping Brent's bottom line either.

Come on kids, give peace a chance and go ahead and give Brent his 2nd one... or 3rd... or whichever it is.

Those who don't want to deal with him, don't have to... plus those that do want to ...at least know his history (good & bad) before throwing up a take it sign.

Oh and I love puppies :)

Well I don't know Brent from a hole in the wall, but a least he is here NOW trying to make things right.

I mean even with the inconvienence of having to wait for invoices... the man is still giving you what you bought off him for the cost of shipping to make amends.

That at least says that he's willing to earn your business back... and I'm sure giving all that sheeet away isn't helping Brent's bottom line either.

Come on kids, give peace a chance and go ahead and give Brent his 2nd one... or 3rd... or whichever it is.

Those who don't want to deal with him, don't have to... plus those that do want to ...at least know his history (good & bad) before throwing up a take it sign.

He's getting his chance. All Sharon really said is that it's up to those who put him on the list to okay his removal.

Hypothetically,

What if someone who had a valid claim against someone else, but the deal is eventually completed, but they (the orginally wronged) refuse to remove the original probationer from the probation list? Do we put that person on the probation list?

He's getting his chance. All Sharon really said is that it's up to those who put him on the list to okay his removal.

I don't care if he's here or not, I won't buy from him again. If I have an actual vote it would be no. There are things like honor, responsibility and good customer service, none of which were in evidence. As far as I can tell there were no extenuating circumstances that would've prevented communication. An offer of free candy is not going to change my opinion.

I don't care if he's here or not, I won't buy from him again. If I have an actual vote it would be no. There are things like honor, responsibility and good customer service, none of which were in evidence. As far as I can tell there were no extenuating circumstances that would've prevented communication. An offer of free candy is not going to change my opinion.

Again, the PL is not the place that people go indefinitely. The point of the list is to put people on notice not to deal with certain folks, as they have outstanding stuff they need to clear up first. If you think he belongs on the HoS, start the process. Either way, sticking him on the PL permanently isn't the move.

Again, the PL is not the place that people go indefinitely. The point of the list is to put people on notice not to deal with certain folks, as they have outstanding stuff they need to clear up first. If you think he belongs on the HoS, start the process. Either way, sticking him on the PL permanently isn't the move.

I don't believe it's up to me to decide whether he's taken off the list or not. If someone asks my opinion on the matter I'll give it at that time. (shrug)

I don't believe it's up to me to decide whether he's taken off the list or not. If someone asks my opinion on the matter I'll give it at that time. (shrug)

Sure looks that way to me unless someone else has an unresolved issue. I don't have a problem with removing him from the list but I don't plan on buying from him either.

Edited by highradart

My reason for wanting the list, was so that the remaining people who have not posted, could be emailed to ask what they want to do (not everyone reads this thread every week).

But I had another idea that would require less work... wait 30 days and see if there are no other posts by then, Brent could post again, and he could be removed.

I might not be the only one without power right now...(I'm SURE I'm not) ...and since there didn't seem to be a rush to fix the problem, I think 30 days would be reasonable...especially since Brent says he has no urgent need to list a sales thread..

These are just my suggestions, so if someone else has an idea, they should speak up, too.

I like puppies, too...and foals and Unicorns and dolphins...but we need to be fair both ways here.

Sure looks that way to me unless someone else has an unresolved issue. I don't have a problem with removing him from the list but I don't plan on buying from him either.

I have a feeling that is the reaction most people who read about this episode -- including the two links that Sharon posted -- will have. It's my reaction.