• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

PROBATION DISCUSSIONS
21 21

36,203 posts in this topic

Why don't you just let the man apologize and give you money. You still have the book... he still wants to buy it.

Seems like a win - win.

That's exactly what should have happened here. Otherwise, why threaten the buyer with the PL and then back out? It doesn't make any sense at all other than to bring his name up on here.

Pretty much as I stated earlier this morning in a reply in this thread about amends by paying him but apparently he wants me to get down like James Brown and suck his coo coo....

Yes, CGC Boards, this guy has offered to pay. How many of us would tell him to go suck an egg?

I know I would in a heartbeat.

Knowing RMA's pleasantness here on the boards, I'm sure his notification of PL discussion and 72 hour time frame was probably the most sweet and sincere thing the guy had ever read as well.

Again the guy was wrong in dragging out the sale... but the PL discussion board and 72 hour notification rule did what it was supposed to do if the guy offered to pay for the item... which is complete the sale.

I was wondering about that part, as well. Kitsune's response was bad but we don't know what the tone of the PM he received was.

:facepalm:

Yes, you do, since Kitsune already posted it.

I will post it again:

CGC_zps512f172f.jpg

I'm not quite sure why anyone would imagine that I would behave unprofessionally, but this board is what it is. Perception is reality, no matter how fictitious.

It's on when Park shows up in the PL thread.

He wants to instigate. I'll come right back with the facts. But he is dead wrong on this one.

So instigate away.

:popcorn:

So what is the score now? RMA nominates Kitsune, then he suddenly wants to pay, but RMA tells him to pound sand?

Yes. Which is not the games that should be played in this thread or else people are wasting fellow forumites' time.

But if the buyer posted something or conducted themselves in a way previously which leads to concerns they will use a chargeback or some other activity to get over, I can see why a seller would not follow through once this is proven. That type activity has not been shown here.

It is not a game. Once again, RMA posted the situation, was advised to send a PM to the buyer and go forward. When the buyer acted like a dooshnozzle, as he has continued to in this thread, RMA has told him to get lost.

You trying to twist this into something else is unbelievably disingenuous. Why don't you or Rupp see what kitsune wants to buy and string you along for a month for? And then when you alert him to the PL he acts like a turd. Let me know how that goes.

Why don't you just let the man apologize and give you money. You still have the book... he still wants to buy it.

Seems like a win - win.

That's exactly what should have happened here. Otherwise, why threaten the buyer with the PL and then back out? It doesn't make any sense at all other than to bring his name up on here.

I think the problem is, the buyer did not apologize or give money. He gave snark and a statement that he WOULD pay in the future. If the buyer paid immediately and apologized immediately, I have no doubt the deal would have gone through. Instead the seller is left to believe the word of someone who he no longer trusts and is already frustrated with over a deal that happened more than a month ago. He was already probably on the edge of 'this probably isn't worth it' and was pushed over to 'this definitely isn't worth it'.

I can understand that not everyone shares this opinion, but is it that unreasonable to think this is a possibility? Or that some of the rest of us may act in the same fashion? Is it the absolute best and kindest reaction in the history of the world? debatable. But seemingly reasonable and well within his rights.

I hear where you are coming from. And the buyer was wrong for not following up in the first place. But if you follow the guidelines and expectations of this thread, once you bring it up here the intent is to first resolve the transaction. If it is not resolved, then there is a decision about PL or HOS, depending on the transaction and offending party's history.

But if the buyer gives an indication either through current or previous behavior they are going to do the seller dirty in the end, I would think the seller always has the option of backing out and dropping the whole situation. Was that displayed here?

Seems like a win - win.

Pretty much as I stated earlier this morning in a reply in this thread about amends by paying him but apparently he wants me to get down like James Brown and suck his coo coo....

Yes, CGC Boards, this guy has offered to pay. How many of us would tell him to go suck an egg?

I know I would in a heartbeat.

This guy already offered to pay...once ( :takeit: )...twice ("end of June")...three times ("Friday")...four times ("after SDCC")...five times ("i'll pay now" (31 days after the fact.)

...and still hasn't.

Many people here do not understand what "good faith" and "bad faith" mean.

Let me say it again...and my apologies for belaboring the point...Kitsune has offered to pay multiple times and has yet to pay.

Whether or not I would ACCEPT that payment is not the issue. Kitsune has repeatedly failed to make any sort of good faith effort of any kind. He has only offered, then failed to stand by his word.

He wants to instigate. I'll come right back with the facts. But he is dead wrong on this one.

So instigate away.

So what is the score now? RMA nominates Kitsune, then he suddenly wants to pay, but RMA tells him to pound sand?

Yes. Which is not the games that should be played in this thread or else people are wasting fellow forumites' time.

But if the buyer posted something or conducted themselves in a way previously which leads to concerns they will use a chargeback or some other activity to get over, I can see why a seller would not follow through once this is proven. That type activity has not been shown here.

It is not a game. Once again, RMA posted the situation, was advised to send a PM to the buyer and go forward. When the buyer acted like a dooshnozzle, as he has continued to in this thread, RMA has told him to get lost.

You trying to twist this into something else is unbelievably disingenuous. Why don't you or Rupp see what kitsune wants to buy and string you along for a month for? And then when you alert him to the PL he acts like a turd. Let me know how that goes.

You keep trying to state Rupp and I are blind to the facts because we have some hate on for RMA. Is that your thinking here? I have such a hate on for RMA, when he posted about his dog dying, I wished him the best. Wow. I really hate this guy, even after all the blowups we have I posted something so evil and twisted as "RIP" and "sorry for your loss". Please take that wrong thinking somewhere else, and get back to the facts.

1) Any buyer that doesn't follow through on a transaction is brought up in this thread as a resolution option for the seller.

2) The buyer has a period of time to resolve the situation, or end up on the PL or HOS.

3) If the buyer follows through in the appropriate time and manner to resolve the situation, then they avoid the PL or HOS.

That's the facts. And in this case, RMA brought up the situation, alerted the buyer they were going on the PL (not to pay for the book - that they were going on the PL), and then the buyer offered to pay for the book with a little smart aleck comment. But he did offer to pay for the item finally.

Where is the secret, evil plan to undermine RMA in all that by me or Rupp?

Having waded through all this discussion, I'm still not sure I get it. If you PM someone and say something on the order of: "I'm nominating you for the PL because you didn't pay for book X" and the person responds along the lines of "Ok, I'll pay for book X tonight or tomorrow" doesn't the seller have any obligation to complete the transaction? Bearing in remind that the PM and response occurred within 30 days of the buyer posting the take it sign.

I would say that if you don't want to deal with someone, don't PM them with what they will surely interpret as a request to pay for a book. If you do PM them and they respond saying they will pay for the book, then complete the deal and sell it to them.

That was Bio-Rupp's original concern this morning that was called BS.

If you are going to bring up a transaction in a thread meant to resolve transaction issues, then you should be prepared to see the situation all the way through. Otherwise, it can be perceived as playing with the buyer to pay them back for not following through in the first place.

He was prepared to see it through, until he got all last strawed by kitsune's foolishness.

Having waded through all this discussion, I'm still not sure I get it. If you PM someone and say something on the order of: "I'm nominating you for the PL because you didn't pay for book X" and the person responds along the lines of "Ok, I'll pay for book X tonight or tomorrow" doesn't the seller have any obligation to complete the transaction? Bearing in remind that the PM and response occurred within 30 days of the buyer posting the take it sign.

I would say that if you don't want to deal with someone, don't PM them with what they will surely interpret as a request to pay for a book. If you do PM them and they respond saying they will pay for the book, then complete the deal and sell it to them.

If you are going to bring up a transaction in a thread meant to resolve transaction issues, then you should be prepared to see the situation all the way through. Otherwise, it can be perceived as playing with the buyer to pay them back for not following through in the first place.

He was prepared to see it through, until he got all last strawed by kitsune's foolishness.

Was he? The guy responded like a smart aleck, but he did finally offer to follow up. So the smart aleck comment led to the sale not happening, or no resolution was going to happen in the first place? It is very confusing at this point.

Seems like a win - win.

Dude, you're wrong and you suck. I'm hoping people remember that you're only nine and not to be trusted in any financial dealings.

Was he? The guy responded like a smart aleck, but he did finally offer to follow up. So the smart aleck comment led to the sale not happening, or no resolution was going to happen in the first place? It is very confusing at this point.

If you believe RMA when he says he was prepared to go through with the transaction until kitsune douched him about it yet again, then it's not confusing. If you don't believe him, then there's not much to base any opinion on, so what's the point? RMA has been asked the question, and answered it. A couple times.

Seems like a win - win.

I think the problem is, the buyer did not apologize or give money. He gave snark and a statement that he WOULD pay in the future. If the buyer paid immediately and apologized immediately, I have no doubt the deal would have gone through. Instead the seller is left to believe the word of someone who he no longer trusts and is already frustrated with over a deal that happened more than a month ago. He was already probably on the edge of 'this probably isn't worth it' and was pushed over to 'this definitely isn't worth it'.

I can understand that not everyone shares this opinion, but is it that unreasonable to think this is a possibility? Or that some of the rest of us may act in the same fashion? Is it the absolute best and kindest reaction in the history of the world? debatable. But seemingly reasonable and well within his rights.

I'm somewhat in this camp. I see Rupp's POV about completing the sale, but sometimes it's more than that, like Revat says. Contrition and contrition with a bunch of immature commentary are two very different things.

I feel that the only difference between my transaction with Kitsune and RMA's transaction, was that he patiently waited 30 presumably mildly-frustrating days to nominate him, where I was able to get out of it in three days, was unable to nominate and move on with life.

What's the solution?

FOUR STAR RATING SYSTEM! :banana:

Just kidding. I have no idea what the solution is.

So instigate away.

You keep trying to state Rupp and I are blind to the facts because we have some hate on for RMA. Is that your thinking here? I have such a hate on for RMA, when he posted about his dog dying, I wished him the best. Wow. I really hate this guy, even after all the blowups we have I posted something so evil and twisted as "RIP" and "sorry for your loss". Please take that wrong thinking somewhere else, and get back to the facts.

1) Any buyer that doesn't follow through on a transaction is brought up in this thread as a resolution option for the seller.

2) The buyer has a period of time to resolve the situation, or end up on the PL or HOS.

3) If the buyer follows through in the appropriate time and manner to resolve the situation, then they avoid the PL or HOS.

That's the facts. And in this case, RMA brought up the situation, alerted the buyer they were going on the PL (not to pay for the book - that they were going on the PL), and then the buyer offered to pay for the book with a little smart aleck comment. But he did offer to pay for the item finally.

Give it a rest. Did I say you were evil or anything remotely like that? No. Did I say there was some master plan no. I am here in defense of logic as you and Rupp have humped her leg so long it is numb and sticky.

You and Rupp do not like RMA. Saying anything other is a bit much but go ahead and try to spin it that way. I am sure you will get a couple of people to believe you.

Facts have been posted and confirmed by kitsune, who is by the second proving my point, and he still hasn't paid. He has made no arrangements to pay. He has offered no apology, no excuse, no anything. He has now resorted to acting like a turd.

But stick to the black and white, Bosco. Are those enough facts for you?

Seems like a win - win.

Dude, you're wrong and you suck. I'm hoping people remember that you're only nine and not to be trusted in any financial dealings.

I see kitsune's "d-bag" meme to RMA got nuked lol

If you believe RMA when he says he was prepared to go through with the transaction until kitsune douched him about it yet again, then it's not confusing. If you don't believe him, then there's not much to base any opinion on, so what's the point? RMA has been asked the question, and answered it. A couple times.

And a few of us already confirmed this transaction resolution is completed. But Park had to come in here trying to make it sound like a few of us had an evil plan to disrupt RMA's situation - or some "Doctor Evil" plan like that.

He's wrong. The resolution handling on this was handled wrong by both parties due to frustration and annoyance. And the whole bias argument is just a dance for another day to cause more blowups and get off point from reality.

WOW!!! This is still going on?!?

It's pretty clear to me. This guy strung RMA along endlessly and only offered a half azz douchenozzle acceptance to pay after being nominated. Unless someone desperately needed the $, i dont know why anyone would follow thru with this transaction at this point and not tell him to pound sand. I know i wouldnt sell it at this point.

And for the record, RMA and I are HARDLY buddies but he's clearly in the right here imo.

Knowing RMA's pleasantness here on the boards, I'm sure his notification of PL discussion and 72 hour time frame was probably the most sweet and sincere thing the guy had ever read as well.

Again the guy was wrong in dragging out the sale... but the PL discussion board and 72 hour notification rule did what it was supposed to do if the guy offered to pay for the item... which is complete the sale.

I was wondering about that part, as well. Kitsune's response was bad but we don't know what the tone of the PM he received was.

We do, it was posted earlier.

CGC_zps512f172f.jpg

Thanks, Zuckuss...didn't see this earlier.

Seems like a win - win.

Does your mom know that you're using her computer?

There's no love lost between me & RMA, but if I was him, I'd tell you to go pound sand as well ... grow the *spoon* up, already.

So instigate away.

Give it a rest. Did I say you were evil or anything remotely like that? No. Did I say there was some master plan no. I am here in defense of logic as you and Rupp have humped her leg so long it is numb and sticky.

You and Rupp do not like RMA. Saying anything other is a bit much but go ahead and try to spin it that way. I am sure you will get a couple of people to believe you.

Facts have been posted and confirmed by kitsune, who is by the second proving my point, and he still hasn't paid. He has made no arrangements to pay. He has offered no apology, no excuse, no anything. He has now resorted to acting like a turd.

But stick to the black and white, Bosco. Are those enough facts for you?

So outside of all the other twists and turns you just listed (and believe), RMA posting that he didn't want the guy to follow through because he wanted him on the PL was something Rupp or I made up?

Just trying to stick to the black and white you seem to be breezing past in your quest to prove we are applying some current hate-on for RMA. Especially since I already said the buyer was wrong for not following up in the first place.

What's your thinking now? I'm trying to follow you in this spin on reality.