• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

PROBATION DISCUSSIONS
21 21

36,203 posts in this topic

Ok regarding Medina... should I throw a creator under the buss? Would that be good for the SS program?

I heard it asked how many opps I am doing? One. Medina. Why you might ask because I don't want to put my name out there for anyone outside my own studio anymore.

Things have certain protocol that must be followed, I am not blaming CGC they took less than a day to get back to me with approval to send in less books. But that had to be done.

I can say that when it was brought to my attention that the scans were posted on the thread I had not even been told about it. I think I posted as much in the thread. Am I neglecting the opp? No but I am not getting updates, perhaps because so many others are messaging Angel at the same time so he assumes I will see them.

Edit: As updated in the SS room, the paperwork has been at Angels house but he was at La Mole in Mexico City and just returned home today.

Edited by Menace

Yes, a blind poll. Colour me unimpressed. Take a poll in moderns on whether the latest TV rumour will be a smash hit. People love to pile on.

Here is what I see.

Menace took on way too much. I called this the day he joined the boards. For those who wish to research I believe I posted this when he offered multiple opps in the 1st week he joined the boards.

So he is now drowning in a pile of commitments and I'll bet he is so overwhelmed that he has no idea what to do next. I'll also bet that he is not organized enough to even have an idea of the full list to be completed.

So, as a community we can step on the head of the drowning man or help him out of the water. All I see here is inexperience and not a desire to rip anyone off. Someone asked if holding a buyer's money for 5 months is ripping someone off. No it is not. He was refunded.

So long as Menace has a desire and we see an attempt to clear things up then he belongs on the probation list. When all those with an issue decide to write off their time and money then we can all say a collective you and put him in the HOS.

Doug Scott offered to help with one issue and there are a few of us that can help with the other opps if need be.

I completely understand that some feel disrespected, used, played or lied to but when we don't take intention into account and only the results then who does that leave willing to try?

Signature Series and sketch opps can become overwhelming very fast. I probably have more experience than the average submitter and I severely limit the quantity and control who I allow to submit through me. This was learned over time.

Is this just a really long winded way of saying "Burn the Witch?" If not, expect it to fall on deaf ears.

I think we can agree on the odds of anything calming the mob but I thought it was worth a try. The HOS is quickly becoming useless as well. I stopped using the "No HoS or Probies" in my sales threads. Although the list of boardies I will not accept any SS subs from has grown tremendously. lol

In the SS forum, Menace said he never received my email. PM me your email and I can forward you his response to my email. Its not just about getting my refund. I am not going to let him bash me by saying he did not get my emails. He is showing no remorse and needs to man up and tell the truth for once.

I would like to see my reply to your emails, maybe I have a different email but I search your email I see a bunch of PayPal transactions and a message on Dec 3rd. Perhaps I have you mixed up, I did get you mixed up with Jay.

Untitled_zpsceca99c2.jpg

:applause:

Thanks for the update Jake. Sounds like you are working it all out. (thumbs u

Now, is there anyway to stop the silly HOS vote? Possibly being a month late on a sketch opp and having one mixup with a book is hardly HOS material. For those voting admission maybe you can start a deal with a current member of the HOS and see what being ripped off really feels like. (thumbs u

Member in question: NigelTufnel42 or Eric Adkins

Hi,

I have sold several books here already and always had a great experience.

The first two transactions with Eric has been awesome. but now the final 2 transactions we have are all flops.

He held books for 2 weeks the first time then changed his mind and he said I'll just buy your other book instead etc. Decided to change his order but evntually after another week decided he can't pay.

After 1 month, I decided to list some other keys and once again he saw it and decided to make an offer and to hold books once again. Now it has been almost 2 months of holding the book and he disappeared on me again.

I believe I have been very patient with it and just because he bailed on me the 2nd time I believe he should be a candidate for HoS.

I am also worried that he has another account so just in case his name is Eric Adkins. I could PM more details about him if you inquire but for now I am really disappointed and saddened.

Not sure if I'm doing this right but I don't think this is HOS material. It certainly warrants a PL nomination however. I believe the protocol is that you need to send him a new PM saying you're nominating him and then there is a 72 hour period where we wait for (hopefully) a reply. Have you sent the new PM yet?

Edit - I understand that you're upset with the way this has gone down but HOS is for the absolute worst of the worst. There is still a chance he could come back and make this right, and sadly this sort of behavior happens around here often enough that it is hardly the worst thing we see.

Edited by Cascaders27

Now, is there anyway to stop the silly HOS vote? Possibly being a month late on a sketch opp and having one mixup with a book is hardly HOS material. For those voting admission maybe you can start a deal with a current member of the HOS and see what being ripped off really feels like. (thumbs u

we are seeing it right here Jeff, let it play out.

Member in question: NigelTufnel42 or Eric Adkins

Hi,

I have sold several books here already and always had a great experience.

The first two transactions with Eric has been awesome. but now the final 2 transactions we have are all flops.

He held books for 2 weeks the first time then changed his mind and he said I'll just buy your other book instead etc. Decided to change his order but evntually after another week decided he can't pay.

After 1 month, I decided to list some other keys and once again he saw it and decided to make an offer and to hold books once again. Now it has been almost 2 months of holding the book and he disappeared on me again.

I believe I have been very patient with it and just because he bailed on me the 2nd time I believe he should be a candidate for HoS.

I am also worried that he has another account so just in case his name is Eric Adkins. I could PM more details about him if you inquire but for now I am really disappointed and saddened.

Not sure if I'm doing this right but I don't think this is HOS material. It certainly warrants a PL nomination however. I believe the protocol is that you need to send him a new PM saying you're nominating him and then there is a 72 hour period where we wait for (hopefully) a reply. Have you sent the new PM yet?

Edit - I understand that you're upset with the way this has gone down but HOS is for the absolute worst of the worst. There is still a chance he could come back and make this right, and sadly this sort of behavior happens around here often enough that it is hardly the worst thing we see.

I figure he means PL, not HOS.

I am a bit confused about the term "held". Does he mean that the person claimed the books as a :takeit: and then took a while to purchase them (in which case there was a transaction) or did the person just say hey I am interested in your book and want to think about it, can you hold the book while I think about it. If it is the second, then there was no transaction and it is not PL worthy in my opinion, but the guy is a person_who_is_obnoxiously_self-impressed for not making up his mind quicker. Further clarification would be appreciated :)

+1

Apparently, 71% of the vote considers it a valid nomination. hm

So just wondering... Solarcadet's nomination ends tonight (link here http://boards.collectors-society.com/ubbthreads.php?ubb=showflat&Number=7226675#Post7226675) but that whole thing got buried in about 70 pages of discussion about Menace and a few other items. Should we add another week to the vote? Just let it run out and add him? Not sure how to handle the situation. Thanks guys.

It does look like he's working it out. That's a very good thing.

However, since he solicited the sales and opportunities on this board, he probably shouldn't be upset that people are using the boards as the primary means of contact for him. If he started it here, he should organize it and complete it here. I understand that other means might be more convenient for him but it should be about what his customers expect and what works for them.

Changing the venue, midstream, seems to have caused more problems than it solved in terms of communication.

So just wondering... Solarcadet's nomination ends tonight (link here http://boards.collectors-society.com/ubbthreads.php?ubb=showflat&Number=7226675#Post7226675) but that whole thing got buried in about 70 pages of discussion about Menace and a few other items. Should we add another week to the vote? Just let it run out and add him? Not sure how to handle the situation. Thanks guys.

I say, wait until he comes back from his strike. Just so we can see the hilarity that will ensue.

-slym

+1

Ridiculous :doh:

+1

Another reason why popular vote is obsolete. Between this and "Jersey Shore" ratings we keep getting examples that there's no correlation between group agreement and "right".

+1

Another reason why popular vote is obsolete. Between this and "Jersey Shore" ratings we keep getting examples that there's no correlation between group agreement and "right".

^^

A bunch of wet behind the ears noob who whine when someone doesn't email in 24 hours. I see stock in pitchforks on the rise!

Not to take away from what appears as a real issue by bigboytoys but I have been away from the boards and I think that is being taken advantage of by some people because they think I won't be here to reply.

First off, ugh why am I doing this lol

TheMightyJohn your again lying directly, please produce the email you say I wrote. You harrassed Tony Daniel to the point that he had to send you your cover directly. I did my best in your instance and yet you lied, without any time given for a refund, and yet when you posted your attempt at a nomination I replied to your post with your full name Arron Lewis and you freaked out about posting your personal information.

If I am not mistaken, other people had to go to Tony Daniel directly to get their books as well. I know Adonis had to contact Tony directly to get his sketch done.

Ok regarding Medina... should I throw a creator under the buss? Would that be good for the SS program?

I heard it asked how many opps I am doing? One. Medina. Why you might ask because I don't want to put my name out there for anyone outside my own studio anymore.

Things have certain protocol that must be followed, I am not blaming CGC they took less than a day to get back to me with approval to send in less books. But that had to be done.

I can say that when it was brought to my attention that the scans were posted on the thread I had not even been told about it. I think I posted as much in the thread. Am I neglecting the opp? No but I am not getting updates, perhaps because so many others are messaging Angel at the same time so he assumes I will see them.

Edit: As updated in the SS room, the paperwork has been at Angels house but he was at La Mole in Mexico City and just returned home today.

It is not a matter of throwing the creator under the bus. I have an op going on right now that has been going on for about 6 months. I am hounding the artist to get his in gear and get done but I also relay updates to those involved. As the facilitator it is up to you to find the updates. The fact that other people saw the scans on Angel's facebook and then posted them shows that you were not following along. You cannot just sit back and wait and hope that the artist gets back to you.