• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

PROBATION DISCUSSIONS
21 21

36,203 posts in this topic

No he backed out of a deal with Spiedyfein, relisted the book for sale, asked for paypal personal, lied about his father having died to explain the delay in shipping a book and to make mschmidt feel bad, possibly lied about his father having cancer/serving in Vietnam, and openly trolled/harassed members of the board (slym2none comes to mind on that list).

Changed his screen name several times, habitually and repeatedly lied, lied about lying, and lied about lying to cover his lies.

Wasn't he the one that was caught shilling his ebay auctions too?

And another thought provoking post shot down with a cynical remark.

:cry:

I'm sure they are busy reading back to SpideyFein's last post in this thread that no one responded to or possibly rereading the locked thread in comics general that started this.

Just to be clear, I am questioning the process so people aren't creating HOS polls every time someone who is disliked sells a 9.0 & sends an 8.5.

(thumbs u

No he backed out of a deal with Spiedyfein, relisted the book for sale, asked for paypal personal, lied about his father having died to explain the delay in shipping a book and to make mschmidt feel bad, possibly lied about his father having cancer/serving in Vietnam, and openly trolled/harassed members of the board (slym2none comes to mind on that list).

Changed his screen name several times, habitually and repeatedly lied, lied about lying, and lied about lying to cover his lies.

Wasn't he the one that was caught admitted shilling his ebay auctions too?

Symbotic

Edited by bababooey

:cry:

I'm sure they are busy reading back to SpideyFein's last post in this thread that no one responded to or possibly rereading the locked thread in comics general that started this.

Just to be clear, I am questioning the process so people aren't creating HOS polls every time someone who is disliked sells a 9.0 & sends an 8.5.

(thumbs u

I agree with you whole-heartedly, and think most of the votes for inclusion were made while Solarcadet was acting poorly, then the poll and topic was buried under everything else.

Also the reason why I asked on two separate occasions (I think) what we should do about the nomination or if the vote should be thrown out/started again because of the burial by Menace. The nomination was started because there was a clear (at least in my mind) history of screwing over boardies. He violated the rules by refusing to honor the rules he set up for his sale to spideyfein, and then said he refused to complete the transaction. First he refused to make the deal because he had other offers and didn't want to blow anyone off. Then when Spideyfein pushed the issue, he said fine but you are paying shipping plus paypal personal, pushing things even further. (My guess is he was trying to get out of the deal, hoping to annoy spideyfein until he just gave up) He then flat out refused to sell the book. Per the board rules, if the seller refuses to complete the transaction, the 30 day clock is removed. That alone was PL worthy. However that, plus his previously lying about his father dying to get out of sales (another PL if not worse transaction) and then his other issues with boardies at least opens him up to a nomination. There are no rules about what is necessary for a nomination to HoS, other then that it is for serious transgressions. if you think there should be, then maybe it is time to call a "constitutional convention" and hammer out new rules. It's been two years right? Couldn't hurt taking like the month of January to work on a new set of rules.

I covered the SpideyFein issue, I guess we need to add "being a jerk or trying to make people feel bad by lying" to the HOS criteria...

I prefer "faking a parent's death by cancer" in order get out of performing his end of a deal.

It's a little more direct, a little more complete, and doesn't diminish the turpitude of the subject matter of the lie and relegate it to the "dog ate your email" category of lies.

These were lies in the midst of transactional dealing on this forum that were used as leverage points to excuse failed performance. The subject matter is the adobo sauce on the stew of lies he created.

It would be wise to not dismiss this guy's actions by diminishing them. Someone that would create such a gigantic and offensive lie to cover some pedestrian problem should be a giant red flag for overall dealing with him. He chose to create an elaborate lie instead of simply doing the right thing at the right time. His utter lack of remorse for it should be something to take note of, not brush away.

^^

If you are willing to make that lie for that reason, there is no coming back from that.

Definitely somebody who cannot be trusted if they're willing to lie about that. :tonofbricks:

An excerpt edited from my original post. meh

Also there was no discussion of facts that led to this vote, this was a bunch of people voting because of the non-HOS actions of solarcadet1

It also wise to not diminish the rules in place

PL/HOS rules

So from the above posts, we concede that this particular HOS vote/exercise was decided long before SpideyFein was asked to pay $25 more for an $800 book he wanted.

I don't deny the fact that solarcadet is likely a bad seed, I don't know him but I am not a fan. So let's call it a day, pat ourselves on the back & congratulate each other for getting a "bad one" out of here... :golfclap:

....but there are a few boardies here who have said things as dumb or dumber, will they suffer the same fate?

Who's next? What is the criteria for establishing a poll? Can we all campaign or just the ones who agree with the mob? If we speak up against the mob are subjecting ourselves to trolling_by_association & put ourselves at risk to be the next nominee?

-------------end of mini rantrant ---------------

So.... do we need a new rule to cover votes for boardies who have exhibited poor character?

OR

Leave it alone & everyone is comfortable saying that we are "warning the community" of risky buyers/sellers AND also letting people know about questionable people because of non-transaction related transgressions?

Most of all, I think it's time for some boardies tone down some of the taunts, hyperbole & righteous indignation, usually on behalf of others - it taints the voting process IF we are going to continue to also judge character in an anonymous public poll without defined rules.

2c

Public votes instead of anonymous votes for HOS inclusion is a start. The number one problem with this forum (and probably every other internet forum) is that people almost never read other people's posts much less comprehend them. An anonymous vote will almost always favor the mob.

There isn't going to be a black and white solution for the majority of these situations. Some of the personalities here can not comprehend this and will argue minutiae until the cows come home.(The best part of that statement is that everyone that actually reading that sentence just thought of somebody different than the next guy/gal).

I say solarcadet goes to the HOS. He showed zero remorse and his true personality and while no one got hurt financially, he is still a doosher. We aren't talking about prison time here so any comparisons to that and our judicial system are just stupid.

Way too much grey area here to make another rule to convolute an already convoluted rules list. Just switch it to make a HOS vote a public vote. And just post a link to a test thread for the actual vote so that we don't have that mess in the PL discussion thread.

Most of all, I think it's time for some boardies tone down some of the taunts, hyperbole & righteous indignation, usually on behalf of others - it taints the voting process IF we are going to continue to also judge character in an anonymous public poll without defined rules.

2c

How can you expect that of others when you are posting that Judge Judy animated GIF to taunt and distract from a post?

You can't go "Do as I suggest - not as I do" and expect to be taken serious.

2c

How can you expect that of others when you are posting that Judge Judy animated GIF to taunt and distract from a post?

That's a funny gif dammit & a harmless joke is different than being the fifth man jumping on a pile or pointing out history when a HOS vote is ongoing.

I try to only speak for myself & try to avoid jumping into a fray on someone's behalf - the PL is the exception - but I try to watch more than post here these days. I do think sometimes I post stuff just because I think other people might not post an unpopular opinion simply because they don't want to lose customers...and not being a seller means I don't have any.

I'm here for entertainment & the occasional purchase. In the PL I try to focus on the issue or "pull someone off" the pile or sometimes I'll argue with comix4fun because he argues in an entertaining way & makes me laugh.

I try to only poke at people who I think can take it, I'm here for fun. I don't expect everything I post or anyone else posts to be meet some standard, this is a comic book message.

(shrug)

I covered the SpideyFein issue, I guess we need to add "being a jerk or trying to make people feel bad by lying" to the HOS criteria...

I prefer "faking a parent's death by cancer" in order get out of performing his end of a deal.

It's a little more direct, a little more complete, and doesn't diminish the turpitude of the subject matter of the lie and relegate it to the "dog ate your email" category of lies.

These were lies in the midst of transactional dealing on this forum that were used as leverage points to excuse failed performance. The subject matter is the adobo sauce on the stew of lies he created.

It would be wise to not dismiss this guy's actions by diminishing them. Someone that would create such a gigantic and offensive lie to cover some pedestrian problem should be a giant red flag for overall dealing with him. He chose to create an elaborate lie instead of simply doing the right thing at the right time. His utter lack of remorse for it should be something to take note of, not brush away.

^^

If you are willing to make that lie for that reason, there is no coming back from that.

Definitely somebody who cannot be trusted if they're willing to lie about that. :tonofbricks:

Also there was no discussion of facts that led to this vote, this was a bunch of people voting because of the non-HOS actions of solarcadet1

PL/HOS rules

So from the above posts, we concede that this particular HOS vote/exercise was decided long before SpideyFein was asked to pay $25 more for an $800 book he wanted.

I don't deny the fact that solarcadet is likely a bad seed, I don't know him but I am not a fan. So let's call it a day, pat ourselves on the back & congratulate each other for getting a "bad one" out of here... :golfclap:

....but there are a few boardies here who have said things as dumb or dumber, will they suffer the same fate?

Who's next? What is the criteria for establishing a poll? Can we all campaign or just the ones who agree with the mob? If we speak up against the mob are subjecting ourselves to trolling_by_association & put ourselves at risk to be the next nominee?

So.... do we need a new rule to cover votes for boardies who have exhibited poor character?

OR

Leave it alone & everyone is comfortable saying that we are "warning the community" of risky buyers/sellers AND also letting people know about questionable people because of non-transaction related transgressions?

2c

Public votes instead of anonymous votes for HOS inclusion is a start. The number one problem with this forum (and probably every other internet forum) is that people almost never read other people's posts much less comprehend them. An anonymous vote will almost always favor the mob.

There isn't going to be a black and white solution for the majority of these situations. Some of the personalities here can not comprehend this and will argue minutiae until the cows come home.(The best part of that statement is that everyone that actually reading that sentence just thought of somebody different than the next guy/gal).

I say solarcadet goes to the HOS. He showed zero remorse and his true personality and while no one got hurt financially, he is still a doosher. We aren't talking about prison time here so any comparisons to that and our judicial system are just stupid.

Way too much grey area here to make another rule to convolute an already convoluted rules list. Just switch it to make a HOS vote a public vote. And just post a link to a test thread for the actual vote so that we don't have that mess in the PL discussion thread.

I like the remote public vote idea but you are so rarely serious all I got from your post was this. :baiting:

143596.jpg.baa9ffee2f225c71172165a2b575a710.jpg

If he's so concerned about someone who lied about their father having died of cancer to a) delay shipping on items and b) make another boardie feel bad is worth a "thought provoking" post defending him, he should've created a new poll to have Solarcadet removed from the HoS.

Sometimes (all the time) it's best to ignore the silly people.

Hopefully you won't be ignoring me when I need a good defender here :grin:

^^

PL/HOS rules

OR

2c

I like the remote public vote idea but you are so rarely serious all I got from your post was this. :baiting:

lol

That's awesome and I have worked hard to not be taken seriously...wait... :facepalm:

If he's so concerned about someone who lied about their father having died of cancer to a) delay shipping on items and b) make another boardie feel bad is worth a "thought provoking" post defending him, he should've created a new poll to have Solarcadet removed from the HoS.

:hi:

I'm still here so if you want to go back & read what I posted instead of misrepresenting what I wrote by substituting your assumptions....I can respond to you directly.

(thumbs u

Edited by bababooey

2c

That's a funny gif dammit & a harmless joke is different than being the fifth man jumping on a pile or pointing out history when a HOS vote is ongoing.

I try to only speak for myself & try to avoid jumping into a fray on someone's behalf - the PL is the exception - but I try to watch more than post here these days. I do think sometimes I post stuff just because I think other people might not post an unpopular opinion simply because they don't want to lose customers...and not being a seller means I don't have any.

I'm here for entertainment & the occasional purchase. In the PL I try to focus on the issue or "pull someone off" the pile or sometimes I'll argue with comix4fun because he argues in an entertaining way & makes me laugh.

I try to only poke at people who I think can take it, I'm here for fun. I don't expect everything I post or anyone else posts to be meet some standard, this is a comic book message.

(shrug)

It is a comic book message forum. But it also includes sales which may involve either (1) money, (2) trade exchange, or (3) a mix of both. That's where things take a more serious path than just chatting about comic movies, favorite characters, or just shooting the bull.

Attacking people's votes just because they want to make a point about the PL-HOS is where we both agree. Better to shy away from that approach.

:hi:

I'm still here so if you want to go back & read what I posted instead of misrepresenting what I wrote by substituting your assumptions....I can respond to you directly.

(thumbs u

I did respond to your post.

Did you think of the children?

I would support public votes for HoS, I think there is a lot of merit to that idea, but we would have to consider some of the likely consequences. I think one possible consequence would be far fewer people voting. That can be good if there is legitimate fear of a mob mentality, but fewer voting can also be a problem for the legitimacy of the poll itself. 2c