• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

PROBATION DISCUSSIONS
21 21

36,203 posts in this topic

No he backed out of a deal with Spiedyfein, relisted the book for sale, asked for paypal personal, lied about his father having died to explain the delay in shipping a book and to make mschmidt feel bad, possibly lied about his father having cancer/serving in Vietnam, and openly trolled/harassed members of the board (slym2none comes to mind on that list).

Changed his screen name several times, habitually and repeatedly lied, lied about lying, and lied about lying to cover his lies.

Wasn't he the one that was caught shilling his ebay auctions too?

Symbiotic... defended the practice, then said he didn't know it was wrong, then finished it off with "Because I YAM WHAT I YAM" kind of statement.

No he backed out of a deal with Spiedyfein, relisted the book for sale, asked for paypal personal, lied about his father having died to explain the delay in shipping a book and to make mschmidt feel bad, possibly lied about his father having cancer/serving in Vietnam, and openly trolled/harassed members of the board (slym2none comes to mind on that list).

Changed his screen name several times, habitually and repeatedly lied, lied about lying, and lied about lying to cover his lies.

Yes, defended the practice, then said he didn't know it was wrong, then finished it off with "Because I YAM WHAT I YAM" kind of statement.

:(

Yeah, the funny thing about that gif is you can interpret it as being supportive or mocking...I think I used it better with Logan earlier today...

:whee:

Just watch those choppers of yours.

bababooey-licks-o.gif

750_zpsc91a0bd9.gif

bababoogey3.gif

:sick:

Lunch has officially arrived - for a second time.

lol

Most of all, I think it's time for some boardies tone down some of the taunts, hyperbole & righteous indignation, usually on behalf of others - it taints the voting process IF we are going to continue to also judge character in an anonymous public poll without defined rules.

2c

How can you expect that of others when you are posting that Judge Judy animated GIF to taunt and distract from a post?

You can't go "Do as I suggest - not as I do" and expect to be taken serious.

That's a funny gif dammit & a harmless joke is different than being the fifth man jumping on a pile or pointing out history when a HOS vote is ongoing.

I try to only speak for myself & try to avoid jumping into a fray on someone's behalf - the PL is the exception - but I try to watch more than post here these days. I do think sometimes I post stuff just because I think other people might not post an unpopular opinion simply because they don't want to lose customers...and not being a seller means I don't have any.

I'm here for entertainment & the occasional purchase. In the PL I try to focus on the issue or "pull someone off" the pile or sometimes I'll argue with comix4fun because he argues in an entertaining way & makes me laugh.

I try to only poke at people who I think can take it, I'm here for fun. I don't expect everything I post or anyone else posts to be meet some standard, this is a comic book message.

(shrug)

:acclaim: My work has all been worth it!!

This time my indignation was all for me though. I am dealing with cancer in my family right now and anyone who could abuse such a tragic illness for his own petty gains is pretty much a peckerless monster beyond all rehabilitation.

Yes, defended the practice, then said he didn't know it was wrong, then finished it off with "Because I YAM WHAT I YAM" kind of statement.

:(

Meant to say, that was Symbiotic.

The issue I see with open voting is, the concern about retaliation and suppression. Lets say Comix4fun nominates me to the HoS because I swindled him and a few other people. Slym2none votes in favor of adding me to the HoS and I get added. Now one of my board friends is going to be all pissed at Slym because he voted against me, could lead to venom on the boards or maybe refusing to sell to slym because of it. Similarly, what happens if the vote doesn't pass? Now I have a list of people to be pissed at (even though I didn't get added).

The issue I see with open voting is, the concern about retaliation and suppression. Lets say Comix4fun nominates me to the HoS because I swindled him and a few other people. Slym2none votes in favor of adding me to the HoS and I get added. Now one of my board friends is going to be all pissed at Slym because he voted against me, could lead to venom on the boards or maybe refusing to sell to slym because of it. Similarly, what happens if the vote doesn't pass? Now I have a list of people to be pissed at (even though I didn't get added).

Spend enough time here and you'll have those lists...and they'll be laminated. lol

And honestly, if someone's a scammer, and they've got someone willing to go so far to defend them as to not deal with people then they are probably doing those people a favor.

Someone who would defend a scammer is a scammer once removed, basically.

In this place, much as in non-digital life, everyone's not going to get along.

*grabs torch & pitchfork*

cheer.gif

Well they, at least, share the same ethic's set. Which is sad and a character trait upon which I choose to place considerable weight when determining what type of person they may be.

Public votes instead of anonymous votes for HOS inclusion is a start. The number one problem with this forum (and probably every other internet forum) is that people almost never read other people's posts much less comprehend them. An anonymous vote will almost always favor the mob.

There isn't going to be a black and white solution for the majority of these situations. Some of the personalities here can not comprehend this and will argue minutiae until the cows come home.(The best part of that statement is that everyone that actually reading that sentence just thought of somebody different than the next guy/gal).

I say solarcadet goes to the HOS. He showed zero remorse and his true personality and while no one got hurt financially, he is still a doosher. We aren't talking about prison time here so any comparisons to that and our judicial system are just stupid.

Way too much grey area here to make another rule to convolute an already convoluted rules list. Just switch it to make a HOS vote a public vote. And just post a link to a test thread for the actual vote so that we don't have that mess in the PL discussion thread.

I would support public votes for HoS, I think there is a lot of merit to that idea, but we would have to consider some of the likely consequences. I think one possible consequence would be far fewer people voting. That can be good if there is legitimate fear of a mob mentality, but fewer voting can also be a problem for the legitimacy of the poll itself. 2c

I actually think the problem is not enough people voting. Sometimes the vote gets so lost in this thread that it's hard to keep up. I know a solution has been mentioned which I hope is followed on. It would be nice to have a central location where the facts and not the hyperbole can reside and let people vote. For example what was the total # of votes on the solarcadet HOS nomination? compare that to the comic general thread (# of unique board members who posted), which is greater?

Also it appears to me that I only see the same people post in threads. Of the total number of people who are on these boards it seems only a few actually make it here to discuss these topics etc. It would be nice if more people participated in these discussions (rule changes etc).

I am dealing with cancer in my family right now and anyone who could abuse such a tragic illness for his own petty gains is pretty much a peckerless monster beyond all rehabilitation.

Chris, sorry to hear this. I hope you and your family are doing well.

:foryou:

I am dealing with cancer in my family right now and anyone who could abuse such a tragic illness for his own petty gains is pretty much a peckerless monster beyond all rehabilitation.

Chris, sorry to hear this. I hope you and your family are doing well.

:foryou:

+1

Spend enough time here and you'll have those lists...and they'll be laminated. lol

And honestly, if someone's a scammer, and they've got someone willing to go so far to defend them as to not deal with people then they are probably doing those people a favor.

I agree completely. The risk of making enemies exists in any debate, and even if the voting is kept secret its not going to prevent the people who actually debate it in public from falling on one side or the other of someone's hate list. This is a danger but for me personally its not a reason to reject public voting.

I agree completely. The risk of making enemies exists in any debate, and even if the voting is kept secret its not going to prevent the people who actually debate it in public from falling on one side or the other of someone's hate list. This is a danger but for me personally its not a reason to reject public voting.

How would public voting work?

Speedy-D in to the HOS? Yay/Nay

jsilverjanet votes:Nay

The idea is that the debate about the merits of the case would go on here as usual, but there would be a separate devoted thread where people would post their votes, presumably yes or no, to inclusion. This is what I understood to be Park's suggestion in an earlier post. If I have it wrong I'm sure I will be corrected.

Speaking personally I like the idea because I feel that if you really (really) believe someone is so far gone that the HoS, which for me is like impeachment and conviction, is righteous and just, than you should have at least the courage of your convictions to say you think so in public. 2c

Speedy-D in to the HOS? Yay/Nay

jsilverjanet votes:Nay

Ah...I ain't signing up to be tallymaster for that process!! lol