• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

PROBATION DISCUSSIONS
21 21

36,203 posts in this topic

Someone who would defend a scammer is a scammer once removed, basically.

*grabs torch & pitchfork*

cheer.gif

Well they, at least, share the same ethic's set. Which is sad and a character trait upon which I choose to place considerable weight when determining what type of person they may be.

That's what I'm talking about. You're judged by the company you keep.

cheer.gif

Well they, at least, share the same ethic's set. Which is sad and a character trait upon which I choose to place considerable weight when determining what type of person they may be.

As my dear departed grandmother used to tell me, when critiquing who I dated..."When you lay down with dogs you get up with fleas."

cheer.gif

As my dear departed grandmother used to tell me, when critiquing who I dated..."When you lay down with dogs you get up with fleas."

Luckily, I keep excellent company :)

The issue I see with open voting is, the concern about retaliation and suppression. Lets say Comix4fun nominates me to the HoS because I swindled him and a few other people. Slym2none votes in favor of adding me to the HoS and I get added. Now one of my board friends is going to be all pissed at Slym because he voted against me, could lead to venom on the boards or maybe refusing to sell to slym because of it. Similarly, what happens if the vote doesn't pass? Now I have a list of people to be pissed at (even though I didn't get added).

:facepalm: don't tell me this board is becoming "Survivor". I only EVER watched a few episodes of that show when it first came out and lost faith in humanity. Not again....

The issue I see with open voting is, the concern about retaliation and suppression. Lets say Comix4fun nominates me to the HoS because I swindled him and a few other people. Slym2none votes in favor of adding me to the HoS and I get added. Now one of my board friends is going to be all pissed at Slym because he voted against me, could lead to venom on the boards or maybe refusing to sell to slym because of it. Similarly, what happens if the vote doesn't pass? Now I have a list of people to be pissed at (even though I didn't get added).

:facepalm: don't tell me this board is becoming "Survivor". I only EVER watched a few episodes of that show when it first came out and lost faith in humanity. Not again....

The people nominated for the HoS have done bad things. This isn't a case of just not liking someone and deciding they should be nominated. If that were true at least 25% of the board would've been nominated by now 2c

Spend enough time here and you'll have those lists...and they'll be laminated. lol

And honestly, if someone's a scammer, and they've got someone willing to go so far to defend them as to not deal with people then they are probably doing those people a favor.

In this place, much as in non-digital life, everyone's not going to get along.

^^

Sometimes it really is that simple.

The people nominated for the HoS have done bad things. This isn't a case of just not liking someone and deciding they should be nominated. If that were true at least 25% of the board would've been nominated by now 2c

I completely understand that, but it seems like the boards (and most boards I've been to) have their factions, except when it comes to selling.

THINK OF THE CHILDREN!

:popcorn:

Personally I'm fine with a committee for the HOS. Annual vote for the members and that's it. Make it an uneven number and you can still have a private poll. The problem with voting now is it's open to anyone including those with no board history. I understand they may have a general right/wrong belief system but with no board history the line for the PL and HOS becomes increasingly fuzzy.

I completely understand that, but it seems like the boards (and most boards I've been to) have their factions, except when it comes to selling.

THINK OF THE CHILDREN!

There are also factions when it comes to selling. :gossip:

THINK OF THE CHILDREN!

There are also factions when it comes to selling. :gossip:

QFT

I like branget's idea. A committee of say 5 elected boardies who are tasked with hearing complaints and handle the pl/hos. Kind of like a small claims court. They could even set what is needed for rehabilitation (Ie sentencing)

I like branget's idea. A committee of say 5 elected boardies who are tasked with hearing complaints and handle the pl/hos. Kind of like a small claims court. They could even set what is needed for rehabilitation (Ie sentencing)

Are they uncorruptable though?