• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

PROBATION DISCUSSIONS
21 21

36,203 posts in this topic

I don't mean to speak for RMA but I doubt he's defending specifically CAK shipping methods

I agree if the ads are no longer valid they shouldn't be considered advertising

For the record I do ship media, I inform my customers when I do and accept any liability if the item isn't delivered to the buyers expectation

It MUST be the full moon...

:D

Dogs AND cats, living together!

:ohnoez:

I don't mean to speak for RMA but I doubt he's defending specifically CAK shipping methods

For the record I do ship media, I inform my customers when I do and accept any liability if the item isn't delivered to the buyers expectation

I understand that. However, legitimizing any aspect of CAK's actions on this point, or debating the minutiae of any perceived technical allowance of media mail for comic sales, serve only to dilute the discussion of CAK's unreasonable delay in shipping and his subsequent weakest of weak sauce attempts to rectify that already unreasonable delay by shipping the item in the slowest, cheapest, least secure manner.

CAK's actions are the forest. Seeking to discuss the quality of the length of a branch on one of the trees distracts from the view in totality.

There are plenty of people to upbraid CAK for his behavior. No shortage in that respect, and it's well deserved.

But if someone chooses to take a side trip, there's really no harm, and it is not an endorsement, explicit nor implied, of anything else.

It MUST be the full moon...

:D

Dogs AND cats, living together!

:ohnoez:

:foryou:

Hector, dork.

After meeting Janet several times, I agree she looks more like a Hector but it's their prerogative as to what they call themselves.

I'm only Janet when I'm wearing lipstick and heels

I wasn't going to go into detail about how we met.

I understand that. However, legitimizing any aspect of CAK's actions on this point, or debating the minutiae of any perceived technical allowance of media mail for comic sales, serve only to dilute the discussion of CAK's unreasonable delay in shipping and his subsequent weakest of weak sauce attempts to rectify that already unreasonable delay by shipping the item in the slowest, cheapest, least secure manner.

CAK's actions are the forest. Seeking to discuss the quality of the length of a branch on one of the trees distracts from the view in totality.

There are plenty of people to upbraid CAK for his behavior. No shortage in that respect, and it's well deserved.

But if someone chooses to take a side trip, there's really no harm, and it is not an endorsement, explicit nor implied, of anything else.

And media mail seems to still be a much-debated and much-misunderstood topic, even in this day and age, which is why I figured you took the effort to clarify.

Hector, dork.

After meeting Janet several times, I agree she looks more like a Hector but it's their prerogative as to what they call themselves.

lol

Dagnabbit, somebody found it funny. Thank you! I'm done now.

I am sure CopperAgeKids appreciates the impassioned defense of his shipping methods.

Did you wake up in seanfingh's bed this morning...?

There's no defense of CAK's shipping method. It was crappy.

There is only a side point, a tangent entirely unrelated to the situation.

There must be something in the air...maybe it's the full moon....

hm

That's the point I was trying to make.

It's tangential. A single word in my post. And in the probation thread, where a buyer's getting the hose job he is I didn't want this to devolve into a semantic discussion of potential arguments for media mail propriety.

Maybe elsewhere, but not while this is going on. Any tangent gives someone this challenged a rung to grab onto as they pitch into the abyss. They don't need it.

Anyone who ships slabs by media mail is asking for trouble. Media Mail is US Postal Speak for "Soccer Ball"

Hector, dork.

lol

It's no longer funny as you followed up with dagnabbit. 2c

Hector, dork.

lol

It's no longer funny as you followed up with dagnabbit. 2c

Dagnabbit!

BTW, has anyone concerned notified CAK about this discussion?

I have sent CopperAgeKids a PM about requesting he should be added to the probation list for the following reason:

On September 23, 2015 I purchased a slab from him on eBay. A tracking number was updated the same day. 9449009699938804728686

On October 11th I sent him this message thru eBay:

"Dear copperagekids,

What's going on with this book? A shipping label was printed a couple weeks ago, but tracking shows it never was shipped."

His response:

New message from: copperagekids (97Blue Star)

"My apologies for the delay, got slammed with overtime at work.The package will be shipped as soon as the post office open on Tuesday, the USPS is closed tomorrow.

Thank you for your patience"

On October 20th I open a request thru eBay asking for an update.

Seller's message:

"The piece will be shipped tomorrow, without fail.Please accept my sincerest apologies for the delay. Thank you for your patience, Evan O'Malley"

There still isn't any activity on the tracking number, and it has been over 30 days since purchasing the slab.

Did you get your books?

The tracking number shows it won't arrive until at least Saturday. Media mail cross country usually takes over a week for me.

I thought you were joking, and then I ran the above tracking number. He actually...sent you a slab....media mail...after all of that? That is a crock of you know what. He should have been ashamed for taking so long to mail it and sent it overnight or at least 2 day and he sent it media mail? It does show Saturday as a delivery date assuming it's even on time. What a pitiful excuse for a seller. I somewhat defended him in the past in a different thread but now I see why people said what they said. There is not enough :facepalm: for this.

I ship slabs under $100 media mail to keep the price of the book down.This was a $65 order, shipped.

Hardly anyone wants to buy a slab for $40 and have to pay 25% of the value of the piece to have it shipped.If they do, an upgrade is offered to USPS Priority.

It is perfectly legal to send out comics from 1990 and 1992 via media mail.I have yet to have any package that was sent media mail opened..........and if by the long shot any package were opened, then I'd absorb the shipping costs and ship it back out via priority.

I included a raw 1st print NM copy along with the slabbed 2nd print.

The raw book was quadruple boarded in a standard Mylite2, then sheathed in a Silver/Gold Mylite2 with about 4 silver/gold BCW boards.

Laid on top of a buffer, put on top of the slab....bubblewrapped in a oversized doublewall shipping box.

The extra book brought the weight up to over 3 pounds so I paid a bit extra at the post office when it was shipped.

It would have cost an extra $19 to have it upgraded to priority, on top of the printed postage that I already paid for.With the book added in as a means of offering my apologies, and the average of a 3 day differential between priority and media mail, this seemed decent to me.

I have sent CopperAgeKids a PM about requesting he should be added to the probation list for the following reason:

On September 23, 2015 I purchased a slab from him on eBay. A tracking number was updated the same day. 9449009699938804728686

"Dear copperagekids,

What's going on with this book? A shipping label was printed a couple weeks ago, but tracking shows it never was shipped."

His response:

"My apologies for the delay, got slammed with overtime at work.The package will be shipped as soon as the post office open on Tuesday, the USPS is closed tomorrow.

Seller's message:

"The piece will be shipped tomorrow, without fail.Please accept my sincerest apologies for the delay. Thank you for your patience, Evan O'Malley"

There still isn't any activity on the tracking number, and it has been over 30 days since purchasing the slab.

Did you get your books?

The tracking number shows it won't arrive until at least Saturday. Media mail cross country usually takes over a week for me.

I thought you were joking, and then I ran the above tracking number. He actually...sent you a slab....media mail...after all of that? That is a crock of you know what. He should have been ashamed for taking so long to mail it and sent it overnight or at least 2 day and he sent it media mail? It does show Saturday as a delivery date assuming it's even on time. What a pitiful excuse for a seller. I somewhat defended him in the past in a different thread but now I see why people said what they said. There is not enough :facepalm: for this.

I ship slabs under $100 media mail to keep the price of the book down.This was a $65 order, shipped.

Hardly anyone wants to buy a slab for $40 and have to pay 25% of the value of the piece to have it shipped.If they do, an upgrade is offered to USPS Priority.

It is perfectly legal to send out comics from 1990 and 1992 via media mail.I have yet to have any package that was sent media mail opened..........and if by the long shot any package were opened, then I'd absorb the shipping costs and ship it back out via priority.

The raw book was quadruple boarded in a standard Mylite2, then sheathed in a Silver/Gold Mylite2 with about 4 silver/gold BCW boards.

Laid on top of a buffer, put on top of the slab....bubblewrapped in a oversized doublewall shipping box.

The extra book brought the weight up to over 3 pounds so I paid a bit extra at the post office when it was shipped.

It would have cost an extra $19 to have it upgraded to priority, on top of the printed postage that I already paid for.With the book added in as a means of offering my apologies, and the average of a 3 day differential between priority and media mail, this seemed decent to me.

Why couldn't you eat some more of the shipping cost, to save face and get the book to him faster? Now look at what's happening.

$19 for Priority? I can send two slabs double boxed Priority for around $10 depending on the area. One double boxed slab at most costs me a little over $8 to send to California. Where does this $19 come from?

$19 for Priority? I can send two slabs double boxed Priority for around $10 depending on the area. One double boxed slab at most costs me a little over $8 to send to California. Where does this $19 come from?

Double boxed? The raw book was quadruple boarded in a standard Mylite2, then sheathed in a Silver/Gold Mylite2 with about 4 silver/gold BCW boards.

:makepoint:

Double boxed? The raw book was quadruple boarded in a standard Mylite2, then sheathed in a Silver/Gold Mylite2 with about 4 silver/gold BCW boards.

:makepoint:

Ya Logan, duh!

"Dear copperagekids,

His response:

Seller's message:

Did you get your books?

Couldn't find a carrier pigeon willing to drop it off?