• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

PROBATION DISCUSSIONS
21 21

36,203 posts in this topic

The Chewbacca defense has been eclipsed by the "Japanese Maple no Bobcat couple hundred foot paver project defense."

construction-worker-sleeping-formatted.jpg

Who has time for shipping? Paving is hard work!

The Chewbacca defense has been eclipsed by the "Japanese Maple no Bobcat couple hundred foot paver project defense."

I planted over five hundred dollars worth of trees and shrubberies, including a Japanese Butterfly Maple tree, this Spring in what turned out to be the worst drought in my lifetime. Is there a way we can work this data into the argument? I leave it to the boards whether or not it helps or hurts CAK.

Shrubbery you say?

I agree with the Brain Eater. It seems as though you are missing the entire point. Its not about "if" you can ship Media Mail in this situation, it is why would you do that after already making him wait for so long. So what if you gave him a good deal. Its not that great a deal if it turns into a hassle. The point people are trying to make is that it says something about you as a member, that you would ship it the absolutely slowest method the postal service offers after making him wait 30 days already. The great part about Priority is that when you are an extremely busy individual like yourself, they will come to your doorstep and pick it up for you. Even if you use your own box, you can measure it and ship it the exact same way.

Yep.

It's someone special who can blow a guy off like this for a month while carefully documenting all the time he couldn't spend dropping a box off at the post office and put everything in terms of his difficulties, his problems, his time constraints and then ship it the cheapest, least secure, slowest way possible.

Every single post screams, "What about me?", "What about my problems?", "What about the full back blibbity blabbity blah buffer card cram shooter flange I used?"

Honestly, the time spent describing how he packs books is actually longer than the time it takes to ACTUALLY ship books.

Christ, you screw up, you make it better...FAST...and with a minimum of excuses.

The extra book brought the weight up to over 3 pounds so I paid a bit extra at the post office when it was shipped.

It would have cost an extra $19 to have it upgraded to priority, on top of the printed postage that I already paid for.With the book added in as a means of offering my apologies, and the average of a 3 day differential between priority and media mail, this seemed decent to me.

Wait a minute.....

You're claiming a 3lbs priority package would have been $19 MORE than what you already paid?

So $22-23 to ship priority...for a 3-4lbs package?

I just ran those numbers....you could ship priority from the east cost all the way to the west coast for $15.

or all the way to Hawaii in the medium flat rate box for $11.30

Right. I was going worst case scenario. In which case he's only moderately wrong.

Normal scenario, like you mention? He's delusional.

$11.30 in a ********pre-paid*** medium******* flat rate***** box.

I sent the books in my own box, which is thick double wall; the sort of box that CGC ships out slabs in.

Not a medium flat rate box.

Maybe the clerk wasn't accounting for the pre-paid postage that was already on my box.Which was about $3.77 ,IIRC.

Look, if 1Gringo wants to send the slab back to me, fine.I'll cover his shipping cost, and he can keep the raw book.If I was more patient, I would have cracked the slab and subbed it to CGC, I think it should have gotten a 9.8.Instead, I cut my losses and put it up below FMV, even for a 9.6, with free shipping as well.

I own and operate a small landscape construction business, I had 2 things going on last month.I will explain and then I'll stick a fork in the lot of this and the board can decide wether I should be tossed to the fires.

During that 1 month where I didn't ship the book, I worked an average of 75-85 hours each week.I installed a 210 foot paver walkway and 2 sets of steps, followed with a small 10x40 foot firepit in the homeowner's back yard.Landscaping to dress up the job in the front consisted of removing an ugly, overgrown shrub and planting a Japanese maple in its' place, along with decorative flowers and 5 yards of mulch in the front bed.

I didn't use a Bobcat.With the exception of a helper, I did all of the excavation myself, by hand.

During that month I went up to Baltimore to sub books to CGC.Went up there on Saturday.Had about an hour of sleep, was up all night prepping books on Friday.Got back and found out my helper was trying to negotiate a job with the homeowner.Fired him on the spot.

So I completed the job by myself, it's very hard to find a brick layer, who has a driver's license and will show up to work, everyday.

Now, I am working 2 days this week on a stump grinding job with the rest of my time spent on pressing books ,ebay and getting my stock ready for a show this weekend.

So, there you all have it.

Either put me on the probation list or do not.I have done nothing to be ashamed of.

The lot of you are reacting like I am a Godamned pederast.

All that work and you found the time to post here almost 75 times in the time period you were too busy to ship the guy's books.

We aren't reacting like you're a pederast. We're reacting like we've heard a guy endlessly spout off about how great he is at shipping, and packing, and dealing comics, about your 100 positives on ebay, and the endless, unsolicited, unwanted, unwarranted advice you continue to give people....in their sales threads, in discussion forums, everywhere....all the while you can't figure out how to ship a book and make up for a mistake on your part.

Maybe, seriously, put yourself in the shoes of the guy you blew off for that month and realize that you screwed up and make up for in in a meaningful way and don't trip over yourself at the finish line revealing that the extra $10 (that's really what it was) was the reason you slow boated his books.

Get your own comic dealing house in order before you start installing your fire pit of advice in someone else's.

Am I the only one who wants to see a 400 square foot fire pit? What kind of fires is that homeowner having? Is this some kind of Aggie Bonfire thing???
Maybe it was for himself. These things need a lot of containment. hm

Dumpster-Fire_zpsc1e71faa.jpg

Off topic, but Glen's not fitting under that trashcan!

We were all thinking it.

Dagnabbit.

lol

Definitely. I almost shopped in a pic of Swick with a tape measure...but I'm too lazy today. :grin:

The extra book brought the weight up to over 3 pounds so I paid a bit extra at the post office when it was shipped.

It would have cost an extra $19 to have it upgraded to priority, on top of the printed postage that I already paid for.With the book added in as a means of offering my apologies, and the average of a 3 day differential between priority and media mail, this seemed decent to me.

Wait a minute.....

You're claiming a 3lbs priority package would have been $19 MORE than what you already paid?

I just ran those numbers....you could ship priority from the east cost all the way to the west coast for $15.

Right. I was going worst case scenario. In which case he's only moderately wrong.

I sent the books in my own box, which is thick double wall; the sort of box that CGC ships out slabs in.

Maybe the clerk wasn't accounting for the pre-paid postage that was already on my box.Which was about $3.77 ,IIRC.

Look, if 1Gringo wants to send the slab back to me, fine.I'll cover his shipping cost, and he can keep the raw book.If I was more patient, I would have cracked the slab and subbed it to CGC, I think it should have gotten a 9.8.Instead, I cut my losses and put it up below FMV, even for a 9.6, with free shipping as well.

I own and operate a small landscape construction business, I had 2 things going on last month.I will explain and then I'll stick a fork in the lot of this and the board can decide wether I should be tossed to the fires.

During that 1 month where I didn't ship the book, I worked an average of 75-85 hours each week.I installed a 210 foot paver walkway and 2 sets of steps, followed with a small 10x40 foot firepit in the homeowner's back yard.Landscaping to dress up the job in the front consisted of removing an ugly, overgrown shrub and planting a Japanese maple in its' place, along with decorative flowers and 5 yards of mulch in the front bed.

I didn't use a Bobcat.With the exception of a helper, I did all of the excavation myself, by hand.

During that month I went up to Baltimore to sub books to CGC.Went up there on Saturday.Had about an hour of sleep, was up all night prepping books on Friday.Got back and found out my helper was trying to negotiate a job with the homeowner.Fired him on the spot.

So I completed the job by myself, it's very hard to find a brick layer, who has a driver's license and will show up to work, everyday.

Now, I am working 2 days this week on a stump grinding job with the rest of my time spent on pressing books ,ebay and getting my stock ready for a show this weekend.

Either put me on the probation list or do not.I have done nothing to be ashamed of.

All that work and you found the time to post here almost 75 times in the time period you were too busy to ship the guy's books.

We aren't reacting like you're a pederast. We're reacting like we've heard a guy endlessly spout off about how great he is at shipping, and packing, and dealing comics, about your 100 positives on ebay, and the endless, unsolicited, unwanted, unwarranted advice you continue to give people....in their sales threads, in discussion forums, everywhere....all the while you can't figure out how to ship a book and make up for a mistake on your part.

Maybe, seriously, put yourself in the shoes of the guy you blew off for that month and realize that you screwed up and make up for in in a meaningful way and don't trip over yourself at the finish line revealing that the extra $10 (that's really what it was) was the reason you slow boated his books.

Get your own comic dealing house in order before you start installing your fire pit of advice in someone else's.

It's 102 positives on ebay.

I like the way you talk.

Wait a minute.....

It's 102 positives on ebay.

The legend grows.

Am I the only one who wants to see a 400 square foot fire pit? What kind of fires is that homeowner having? Is this some kind of Aggie Bonfire thing???

We were all thinking it.

Dagnabbit.

lol

Definitely. I almost shopped in a pic of Swick with a tape measure...but I'm too lazy today. :grin:

We can't all build 400 Sq. Ft. firepits.

We were all thinking it.

Dagnabbit.

lol

We can't all build 400 Sq. Ft. firepits.

You should see my 1000 sf pig iron smelter.

I like the way you talk.

Do you like his purty mouth? hm