• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

PROBATION DISCUSSIONS
21 21

36,203 posts in this topic

Glenn is dead. :sumo:

I agree with you that he should be, but I just feel like he isn't. You are so adamant though, I'm worried you know a spoiler I don't. :eek:

The extra book brought the weight up to over 3 pounds so I paid a bit extra at the post office when it was shipped.

It would have cost an extra $19 to have it upgraded to priority, on top of the printed postage that I already paid for.With the book added in as a means of offering my apologies, and the average of a 3 day differential between priority and media mail, this seemed decent to me.

Wait a minute.....

You're claiming a 3lbs priority package would have been $19 MORE than what you already paid?

So $22-23 to ship priority...for a 3-4lbs package?

I just ran those numbers....you could ship priority from the east cost all the way to the west coast for $15.

or all the way to Hawaii in the medium flat rate box for $11.30

Right. I was going worst case scenario. In which case he's only moderately wrong.

Normal scenario, like you mention? He's delusional.

$11.30 in a ********pre-paid*** medium******* flat rate***** box.

I sent the books in my own box, which is thick double wall; the sort of box that CGC ships out slabs in.

Not a medium flat rate box.

Maybe the clerk wasn't accounting for the pre-paid postage that was already on my box.Which was about $3.77 ,IIRC.

Look, if 1Gringo wants to send the slab back to me, fine.I'll cover his shipping cost, and he can keep the raw book.If I was more patient, I would have cracked the slab and subbed it to CGC, I think it should have gotten a 9.8.Instead, I cut my losses and put it up below FMV, even for a 9.6, with free shipping as well.

I own and operate a small landscape construction business, I had 2 things going on last month.I will explain and then I'll stick a fork in the lot of this and the board can decide wether I should be tossed to the fires.

During that 1 month where I didn't ship the book, I worked an average of 75-85 hours each week.I installed a 210 foot paver walkway and 2 sets of steps, followed with a small 10x40 foot firepit in the homeowner's back yard.Landscaping to dress up the job in the front consisted of removing an ugly, overgrown shrub and planting a Japanese maple in its' place, along with decorative flowers and 5 yards of mulch in the front bed.

I didn't use a Bobcat.With the exception of a helper, I did all of the excavation myself, by hand.

During that month I went up to Baltimore to sub books to CGC.Went up there on Saturday.Had about an hour of sleep, was up all night prepping books on Friday.Got back and found out my helper was trying to negotiate a job with the homeowner.Fired him on the spot.

So I completed the job by myself, it's very hard to find a brick layer, who has a driver's license and will show up to work, everyday.

Now, I am working 2 days this week on a stump grinding job with the rest of my time spent on pressing books ,ebay and getting my stock ready for a show this weekend.

So, there you all have it.

Either put me on the probation list or do not.I have done nothing to be ashamed of.

The lot of you are reacting like I am a Godamned pederast.

Read your post, how can you not see what's wrong with it and your behavior in general?

You sold a book and you didn't ship for a month. You let a customer down. How much you made on it or how many backing boards you put in the mylar or how busy you were doesn't matter. You made promises that you didn't keep - repeatedly.

Worse yet, preparing for a show and preparing for a submission to CGC is more important to you than shipping a book you've been paid for. I'm not trying to beat you up but think about that. You've got the customer's money and getting more books graded and selling more books is a priority and keeping your word is not - and you're so self absorbed that you use that to justify your behavior.

And when you're shamed into shipping you ship the cheapest way possible. Anyone who really cared for the customer or felt they'd messed up would ship the fastest method possible and eat the cost.

The extra book brought the weight up to over 3 pounds so I paid a bit extra at the post office when it was shipped.

It would have cost an extra $19 to have it upgraded to priority, on top of the printed postage that I already paid for.With the book added in as a means of offering my apologies, and the average of a 3 day differential between priority and media mail, this seemed decent to me.

Wait a minute.....

You're claiming a 3lbs priority package would have been $19 MORE than what you already paid?

I just ran those numbers....you could ship priority from the east cost all the way to the west coast for $15.

Right. I was going worst case scenario. In which case he's only moderately wrong.

I sent the books in my own box, which is thick double wall; the sort of box that CGC ships out slabs in.

Maybe the clerk wasn't accounting for the pre-paid postage that was already on my box.Which was about $3.77 ,IIRC.

Look, if 1Gringo wants to send the slab back to me, fine.I'll cover his shipping cost, and he can keep the raw book.If I was more patient, I would have cracked the slab and subbed it to CGC, I think it should have gotten a 9.8.Instead, I cut my losses and put it up below FMV, even for a 9.6, with free shipping as well.

I own and operate a small landscape construction business, I had 2 things going on last month.I will explain and then I'll stick a fork in the lot of this and the board can decide wether I should be tossed to the fires.

During that 1 month where I didn't ship the book, I worked an average of 75-85 hours each week.I installed a 210 foot paver walkway and 2 sets of steps, followed with a small 10x40 foot firepit in the homeowner's back yard.Landscaping to dress up the job in the front consisted of removing an ugly, overgrown shrub and planting a Japanese maple in its' place, along with decorative flowers and 5 yards of mulch in the front bed.

I didn't use a Bobcat.With the exception of a helper, I did all of the excavation myself, by hand.

During that month I went up to Baltimore to sub books to CGC.Went up there on Saturday.Had about an hour of sleep, was up all night prepping books on Friday.Got back and found out my helper was trying to negotiate a job with the homeowner.Fired him on the spot.

So I completed the job by myself, it's very hard to find a brick layer, who has a driver's license and will show up to work, everyday.

Now, I am working 2 days this week on a stump grinding job with the rest of my time spent on pressing books ,ebay and getting my stock ready for a show this weekend.

Either put me on the probation list or do not.I have done nothing to be ashamed of.

Read your post, how can you not see what's wrong with it and your behavior in general?

You sold a book and you didn't ship for a month. You let a customer down. How much you made on it or how many backing boards you put in the mylar or how busy you were doesn't matter. You made promises that you didn't keep - repeatedly.

Worse yet, preparing for a show and preparing for a submission to CGC is more important to you than shipping a book you've been paid for. I'm not trying to beat you up but think about that. You've got the customer's money and getting more books graded and selling more books is a priority and keeping your word is not - and you're so self absorbed that you use that to justify your behavior.

And when you're shamed into shipping you ship the cheapest way possible. Anyone who really cared for the customer or felt they'd messed up would ship the fastest method possible and eat the cost.

:gossip: BUT HE WAS BUSY!!!!! He had to build this!

2bonfireb4colapse.jpg

Wait a minute.....

2bonfireb4colapse.jpg

With no bobcat.

Wait a minute.....

2bonfireb4colapse.jpg

Where's the Japanese Maple?

The Chewbacca defense has been eclipsed by the "Japanese Maple no Bobcat couple hundred foot paver project defense."

I planted over five hundred dollars worth of trees and shrubberies, including a Japanese Butterfly Maple tree, this Spring in what turned out to be the worst drought in my lifetime. Is there a way we can work this data into the argument? I leave it to the boards whether or not it helps or hurts CAK.

Shrubbery you say?

There it is. :applause:

Wait a minute.....

2bonfireb4colapse.jpg

With no bobcat.

Not after last time:

i_am_an_expert_bobcat_driver_look_at_me_doing_wheelies_nothing_can_go_wrong_fail-76416.gif

102 on ebay

102 on ebay

And no negs...

Is that someone's temperature?

Actually I asked him if that was his first eBay ID, but he never answered. Many people with those low counts were starting over and over and ...over.

I remember when I reached 102 as a feedback score on Ebay....1997 was a fun year.

102 on ebay

And no negs...

Actually I asked him if that was his first eBay ID, but he never answered. Many people with those low counts were starting over and over and ...over.

I remember when I reached 102 as a feedback score on Ebay....1997 was a fun year.

eBay ID please

102 on ebay

And no negs...

eBay ID please

DiscountHotPantsPlanet

102 on ebay

And no negs...

eBay ID please

DiscountHotPantsPlanet

Your products suck. I'm chafed in places I didn't think possible. 1 star across the board.