• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

PROBATION DISCUSSIONS
21 21

36,203 posts in this topic

I knew that name looked familiar! I had added him to the PL. doh!

funny how a bad transaction can haunt someone here for years.

I don't see him on the list. Did he ultimately make amends for whatever landed him there?

If so and he payed for a book from a fellow boardie and the seller decides to refund with no explanation and not sell why is that ok with everyone?

Edited by MustEatBrains

I don't see him on the list. Did he ultimately make amends for whatever landed him there?

If so and he payed for a book from a fellow boardie and the seller decides to refund with no explanation and not sell why is that ok with everyone?

Fair question.

He somewhat made amends for his PL nomination.

Basically, he was nominated, had a whatever attitude about it, and was added.

I guess it was finally explained well enough to him that he's gonna have problems continuing buying and selling if he didn't get his head out of his arse.

So he emailed the seller to buy the book after all, but the book was already sold. So the seller was satisfied enough to have him removed from the PL.

But not enough, I'm sure, to be removed from several personal lists.

I have no idea the reason for the current refund, because it was extremely vague. But he mentioned himself something about a continuing headache, so who knows without more info.

I guess it was finally explained well enough to him that he's gonna have problems continuing buying and selling if he didn't get his head out of his arse.

So he emailed the seller to buy the book after all, but the book was already sold. So the seller was satisfied enough to have him removed from the PL.

I have no idea the reason for the current refund, because it was extremely vague. But he mentioned himself something about a continuing headache, so who knows without more info.

Yeah, I just read some of the history. Bad attitude initially for sure. I think the seller, if he had the guys cash just needed to put the damn thing in the box and send. Agree more background would be needed. Not sure we'll see any.

Yeah, I just read some of the history. Bad attitude initially for sure. I think the seller, if he had the guys cash just needed to put the damn thing in the box and send. Agree more background would be needed. Not sure we'll see any.

Just for the record, rip67vdub was added to the PL 8/25/15 and removed from the PL 10/11/15. I too am curious about why this got cancelled by the seller.

He started a test thread "name change test". It was deleted.

I read that if you change your name its like you never existed

Someone should start a thread, to keep track of all the name changes. It would make a great reference for a background check.

Here's the timeline in a nutshell:

1. Seller pm'd invoice on 4/6.

2. Payment sent on 4/7.

3. On 4/14. pm'd seller on status of shipment.

4. On 4/22, still no response from seller. Requested a tracking #. Few days later, seller responded saying he thought pacakage arrived and would provide me the tracking #.

4. On 4/28, no response back with tracking #. Requested for a refund.

5. On 5/2, rec'd fefund.

2. Payment sent on 4/7.

4. On 4/22, still no response from seller. Requested a tracking #. Few days later, seller responded saying he thought pacakage arrived and would provide me the tracking #.

5. On 5/2, rec'd fefund.

Sounds like the seller never sent the book. Who is the seller?

2. Payment sent on 4/7.

5. On 5/2, rec'd fefund.

Well...it sucks that the seller didn't provide the tracking number and you didn't get the books.

But it sounds like you requested a refund on 4/28 and then received it on 5/2.

Personal lists notwithstanding, why would this be Probation List worthy?

2. Payment sent on 4/7.

5. On 5/2, rec'd fefund.

Well...it sucks that the seller didn't provide the tracking number and you didn't get the books.

seller reneged on a deal. Provided his information to accept payment, was paid and never followed through. Why wouldn't that be PL worthy? Sellers here can just decide to take an interest free loan for 3 weeks? Maybe the book got hot and/or realized he could get more elsewhere. All of these should be no-nos.

If the buyer still wants the book the seller should be outed and made to follow-through on this.

2. Payment sent on 4/7.

5. On 5/2, rec'd fefund.

seller reneged on a deal. Provided his information to accept payment, was paid and never followed through. Why wouldn't that be PL worthy? Sellers here can just decide to take an interest free loan for 3 weeks? Maybe the book got hot and/or realized he could get more elsewhere. All of these should be no-nos.

If the buyer still wants the book the seller should be outed and made to follow-through on this.

Definitely a crappy move on the seller's part, but the buyer requested the refund. Had the buyer received a refund without requesting one, then it could be worthy of PL discussion. 2c