• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

PROBATION DISCUSSIONS
21 21

36,203 posts in this topic

Beerbong is on his facebook page right now quoting Upton Sinclair and proclaiming himself a champion of all that is "right".

https://www.facebook.com/robert.beerbohm?fref=ts

The next time he and reality are in the same room someone should introduce them to each other.

This quote is directed at CGC....
From his facebook. doh!

Hopefully one of the many lawyer boardies here will help Matt reclaim some of that pulp money from Saint Beerbong.

It's a really sucky situation though given the missing Bails $.

He's really me off. :mad:

This too.

Is menace out of the HOS yet

No, he's currently on the list.

A poll that ends Thu Jan 09 2014 07:29 AM can be found here!!!

lolfollowing the template above

Also, if you wish to do business with menace while he is on the PL/HOS that is your choice, the community is somewhat divided on whether people should or should not "do business" with PL/HOS listers when others are owed money or goods. Whether YOU do business with that person is your choice - the PL/HOS serves as a warning & should you run into an issue when doing business "a nomination of a nominated person will not help you resolve it".

If you have followed this thread, the original PL nomination issue was resolved with parties reimbursed so to the best of my knowledge there are no parties currently owed money & anyone owed items has not brought it to this thread.

Solarcadet1 is actively trading in the Copper Age area without a care for his HOS membership.

Maybe there should be a standard, polite message that gets posted like what is done with sales threads not following the forum rules & guidelines.

I think bababooey's template keeps it professional, informative, yet makes it clear the boards are divided on the topic. So it is a personal choice how someone deals with a HOS/PL member.

If you wish to do business with SOLARCADET1 while he is on the PL/HOS that is your choice. The community is somewhat divided on whether people should or should not "do business" with PL/HOS listers when others are owed money or goods. Whether you do business with that person is your choice. The PL/HOS serves as a warning, and should you run into an issue when doing business, a nomination of an active HOS/PL member will not help you resolve it.

Just changed a couple of statements.

I think bababooey's template keeps it professional, informative, yet makes it clear the boards are divided on the topic. So it is a personal choice how someone deals with a HOS/PL member.

If you wish to do business with SOLARCADET1 while he is on the PL/HOS that is your choice. The community is somewhat divided on whether people should or should not "do business" with PL/HOS listers when others are owed money or goods. Whether you do business with that person is your choice. The PL/HOS serves as a warning, and should you run into an issue when doing business, a nomination of an active HOS/PL member will not help you resolve it.

Just changed a couple of statements.

I actually did up a template & a poll (buried in the "discussion thread") some time ago BUT it was intended address issues within the marketplace.

Poll was to clarify how the community wanted a PL/HOS initiated sales thread handled.

- leave it alone, one warning (template) or did we want the mods to blast those away since they had just started handing out strikes to people who threadkrapped a sales thread run by a PL/HOS member

I think use of any PL/HOS warning verbiage outside of the marketplace is a slippery slope...it's basically trolling someone & without the "one/thread" limitation of a sales thread - it could lead to chaos...

I'm all for it. :D

just kidding :baiting:

I think use of any PL/HOS warning verbiage outside of the marketplace is a slippery slope...it's basically trolling someone & without the "one/thread" limitation of a sales thread - it could lead to chaos...

It can be if you follow the person around and constantly post a message right after them.

In this case, Solarcadet made it very clear he didn't care whether he was in the HOS or not, as he was going to keep doing business on the boards. So that lack of care may need to be addressed periodically.

It can be if you follow the person around and constantly post a message right after them.

In this case, Solarcadet made it very clear he didn't care whether he was in the HOS or not, as he was going to keep doing business on the boards. So that lack of care may need to be addressed periodically.

Well then he is already warning people by saying he's on the HOS. (shrug)

I don't think he's a boardie of the year nominee but I don't agree with how he got added over a $30 deal gone wrong with a heated guy who backed out twice. The community "outrage" already landed him on the PL/HOS because he lied about his father's passing. Your message seems to consider his lack of concern over his status to be the problem...?

I think he owes some individuals an explanation but I can see him having a problem with the nomination. It would be nice if he came here after clearing the air with some people & didn't come across like this...

;)

Well then he is already warning people by saying he's on the HOS. (shrug)

I don't think he's a boardie of the year nominee but I don't agree with how he got added over a $30 deal gone wrong with a heated guy who backed out twice. The community "outrage" already landed him on the PL/HOS because he lied about his father's passing. Your message seems to consider his lack of concern over his status to be the problem...?

No, he didn't warn anyone of his HOS membership. He made those statements here during the nomination, and kept on going. The slippery slope is warning people periodically about someone being a HOS-PL listee when you agree with the recommendation. But again, it is a personal choice whether or not to do business with someone.

Caira summed up how Solarcadet didn't help himself.

4 major threads in one day about a huge mistake on the sellers part (on top of previous decisions in extremely poor taste). While he more than likely will get HOS (and deservedly so) my only concern is the quickness of all of this. A lot of this is during the "heat of the moment" with "emotions running high"

By no means am I asking for forgiveness for him or anyone else but this rush to judgement seems a bit quick. Nor am I asking for a timeout on a vote in this matter. Simply trying to understand how things work here.

Solarcadet definitely did not do himself any favors by challenging the community, and I believe this is probably the final nail in the coffin.

My apologies if this seems out of place, just trying to understand the community even more.

Usually what would slow this down would be a person denying the actions that got them into trouble. We have someone defending his actions as right.

Also we'd have someone attempting to make things right. We've got someone pouring napalm on a forest fire he lit in the first place.

Some people would see the extraordinary bad taste it would take to fake a parent's death in order to make an internet forum member "feel bad", we have a guy reveling in being the deep dark center of a horse's rectal cavity in this regard.

Normally, there would be something, anything, to counter balance the weight. That's not happening here.

When you say"solarcadet is actively"

and follow it up shortly after with "in this case"

What do you expect me to think? I presumed the two are related, current instances - I don't read copper, it's like moderns circa 2012 in there :sick: ...

...I now know you are referencing his past "nose-thumbing" not something he's posting today. Which is exactly how the PL HOS vote was handled....a past sin brought forward to win the day, make the point, add the nominee. meh

I'm failing to see your point...of him actively posting? A template has value IN the marketplace..if solar is pimpin' his wares in copper people will call him out on it in colourful ways leading to points etc.. :whee:

His best path is to make amends where needed & ask someone for directions to the high road because he should clear it up, but if he doesn't come clean here - he's on his own in the wilds of the copper forum.

:popcorn:

p.s. I also anxiously await the edits/omissions that will take this in some new direction of your choosing..... :baiting:

Also, you don't need to quote comix4fun...I already grossly understated & oversimplified solarcadet's actual infraction by saying:

he got added over a $30 deal gone wrong with a heated guy who backed out twice.

He'll be here soon.. :D

p.s. I also anxiously await the edits/omissions that will take this in some new direction of your choosing..... :baiting:

Oh. I thought we were having a logical discussion. Sorry. My bad.

See you did it again. :acclaim:

I am using logic. I am just not taking the discussion as seriously as you...

Also, you don't need to quote comix4fun...

tumblr_lwcuhd4Gyx1qbcq69.gif

I already grossly understated & oversimplified solarcadet's actual infraction by saying:

he got added over a $30 deal gone wrong with a heated guy who backed out twice.

a3ooz1.gif

He'll be here soon.. :D

Buzz-lightyear.gif

Oh. I thought we were having a logical discussion. Sorry. My bad.

See you did it again. :acclaim:

I am using logic. I am just not taking the discussion as seriously as you...

See above.

lol