• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

PROBATION DISCUSSIONS
21 21

36,203 posts in this topic

Honest questions:

Could Athaxto ask to place Hulk44 on the PL for canceling, while commendable, a successful transaction?

Could Court's post, while appropriate, be construed as threadcrapping?

IMO Hulk44 (or any member) is not obligated to follow through on any transaction the completion of which would implicate him/her in a practice prohibited by the community. Since Athaxto's has gone on the PL, it has the effect of vindicating Hulk44's decision.

tom-cruise-minority-report-1024x457.jpg

I'd say "no" since each of those events were in reaction to the events that led to a PL nomination.

I don't think board members can back out of deals because of things prohibited by the community - doing a deal with someone on the PL isn't prohibited by the community to the best of my knowledge.

Honest questions:

Could Athaxto ask to place Hulk44 on the PL for canceling, while commendable, a successful transaction?

Could Court's post, while appropriate, be construed as threadcrapping?

IMO Hulk44 (or any member) is not obligated to follow through on any transaction the completion of which would implicate him/her in a practice prohibited by the community. Since Athaxto's has gone on the PL, it has the effect of vindicating Hulk44's decision.

tom-cruise-minority-report-1024x457.jpg

I'd say "no" since each of those events were in reaction to the events that led to a PL nomination.

I don't think board members can back out of deals because of things prohibited by the community - doing a deal with someone on the PL isn't prohibited by the community to the best of my knowledge.

I admit it is a difficult idea to universalize as simply as I wrote it, and if Athaxto's had stayed off the PL on a technicality it would have opened up the possibility of his pursuing Hulk44, but that said, a member cannot be expected to remain obligated when new information about the other party may jeopardize their own good reputations. 2c

If an eBay transaction is completed, isn't the listing automatically closed? It's not up to the seller to close it. I don't get that part.

The eBay transaction was never completed. That's my point. I found a better offer before I made the purchase, and I acted on it.

Does that mean you accepted the counter offer, but didn't finish the Paypal checkout?

No. There was no formal acceptance via eBay. I never accepted the PayPal invoice because the book was still listed for sale on eBay many hours after I asked for an invoice, I assumed the deal wasn't officially done.

Wait - you "work in contracts" yet you "assumed the deal wasn't officially done?"

You ASSUMED something, and you work in contracts?

Really??

???

-slym

sounds like he accepted your offer when he sent you the invoice, not once but twice

But he never ended the sale on eBay. If it's still available for sale to the public for 12+ hours after he sends an invoice, it can't exactly be sold to me now can it?

As someone else pointed out, the onus of any consequences of whether or not that actually was his last issue for sale is on him, not you. In other words, that didn't matter as far as you are concerned.

-slym

I can see I'm wasting my time. Do whatever you need to do, as I'm no longer interested.

OK

I didn't accept the invoice,

Irrelevant, because you had already asked for it. Twice.

the item never stopped being on sale,

again, irrelevant, and you didn't know that for sure. Your assumption, Mr. I-Work-In-Contracts, is one of your problems here.

and I've wasted too much time making my case to a union of friends. Good day.

Not everyone is friends with everyone else, but we all aren't going to let someone go with our community.

Have a great day!

:)

-slym

Court is a cool name.

For the record....

If you ever see me post something along the lines of "I was stuck in court all day"....I am not referring to him.

Since RMA has slowed down, someone needs to come in and beat the mess out of that dead horse! Slym is just the dude for the job. Octuple tap opportunities abound with dead horses.

:banana::banana::banana:

-slym

:whistle: