• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

PROBATION DISCUSSIONS
21 21

36,203 posts in this topic

I really don't feel bad. The seller replied to my PM's today with a more than reasonable reason he had not got back to me.

I had been very clear that I would take the books back if he was not happy.

Grading is aways subjective, and even a slab can look different once it is in hand.

No worries

I give you alot of credit

I agree. I sold a book for short of $500 but provided a return because the buyer didn't agree with the initial grading (which after discussion with the buyer, I came to agree with). A slabbed book, however, I don't see any reason for returning unless there was suspicion of tampering, etc.

I dunno...I know I don't have a horse in the race here, but sounds more like buyer's remorse when you're dealing with a slabbed book. :shrug:

When dealing with a slabbed book. Unless you are hiding slab damage, do not mention there are date stamps on the back if you do not provide a back scan, or has a crack in the slab, I see absolutely no reason to return the book if a nice front scan is provided.

I really don't feel bad. The seller replied to my PM's today with a more than reasonable reason he had not got back to me.

I had been very clear that I would take the books back if he was not happy.

Grading is aways subjective, and even a slab can look different once it is in hand.

No worries

I give you alot of credit

Plus I was able to raise my posting to new highs

Posts counts are overrated :gossip:

lol

Ya know, I kid... but you seemed to have handled this well. It's a bummer that this was your first selling experience. Hopefully future sales will go alot smoother. :thumbsup:

I concur. The way you handled this speaks far greater than had the sale gone through. (thumbs u

When dealing with a slabbed book. Unless you are hiding slab damage, do not mention there are date stamps on the back if you do not provide a back scan, or has a crack in the slab, I see absolutely no reason to return the book if a nice front scan is provided.

I have to agree with Nik.

I have to disagree. If it is a decent scan that shows the flaws it would be one thing, but that only happens about 10% of the time.

The good news is, most people probably feel pretty comfortable buying from you now.

Darn tootin. I'm extremely comfortable with you sending me books prior to payment. Gives me a chance to read some great comics and then return them. :foryou:

Credit to you for being both patient and more than reasonable. :golfclap:

I am glad that I shipped without payment as they were not happy with the books :blush: and are returning them. One was CGC'd, but I guess was not what they were looking for.

lollol - Man, this place is too freaking much.

Why not send me a pile of books for free too?

This is kinda lame.

All of them were not to his liking, even the CGC one?

Or maybe he figured out he couldn't pay... (shrug)

I am glad that I shipped without payment as they were not happy with the books :blush: and are returning them. One was CGC'd, but I guess was not what they were looking for.

lollol - Man, this place is too freaking much.

Why not send me a pile of books for free too?

This is kinda lame.

All of them were not to his liking, even the CGC one?

Or maybe he figured out he couldn't pay... (shrug)

It was a package deal -- I would expect them all back

If it was your first sale on the boards, and presumably first sale to this particular boardmember, why would you ship the books before receiving payment? I would never do that unless it was someone with whom I'd had years of successful transactions.

What he said (thumbs u

the point isn't about this guy shipping to early.

either the dude plans on sending payment or not.

If he hadn't shipped the books before getting paid, he wouldn't be as worried as he is. :gossip:

Well, there's always been 2 schools of thought on these boards. One is that an unconditional return policy means an unconditional return policy. The other is no returns on slabbed books unless there are the kind of undisclosed problems you mention.

I personally am a member of the second group.

Ya know, I kid... but you seemed to have handled this well. It's a bummer that this was your first selling experience. Hopefully future sales will go alot smoother. :thumbsup:

I concur. The way you handled this speaks far greater than had the sale gone through. (thumbs u

Unless this was all a complicated scam designed to cause us to lower our guard. :whistle:

:jokealert:

Agreement cubed! :devil: