• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

PROBATION DISCUSSIONS
21 21

36,203 posts in this topic

Simple solution on his part - stop payment on check. Yes there's a fee, but it's insurance against his own mistake. Even if he makes good, an outing might be beneficial. Yet another reason for a third list - HOS, PL and Tools

He uhm must have left his Paypal in his other set of pants.

At this point it seems that he has no intention of paying you and you have been nothing but patient in giving him more opportunities than he deserves.

Thumbs down vote for the buyer from me.

Wouldn't have helped Boba in this case, but could help others in the future. A third list, that is.

Which is worse? This case or someone who changes their mind on a purchase?

A paypal invoice has been sent to the buyer, the terms of which are payment is due and must be made within 48 hours - the remainder of the 3 days I gave him to settle up or be outed here and nominated to the probation list. I added the paypal fees to the total, as it was supposed to have been paid by check or PP friends and family.

All this reticence to name names...

what's up with that? (shrug)

names1.jpg

I haven't heard from the buyer in some time, so I am giving him the benefit of the doubt until I hear from him,

or the 3 days I gave him to do so expires. No other reason.

How on earth would a check that is supposedly taped inside a box, get to comiclink? If you send books to sell, you don't send them payment in advance. If he was paying for something, he'd have to address the envelope.

Why would he have to wait to have it returned, he could just stop payment on it?

None of this makes any sense at all, especially in light of the fact that he said he was sending you a PP payment.

I went through something like this with AjaxFarrel, he strung me along for months with different excuses, he was going to mail it, he was going to mail it in one day, then he did mail it (none of which were true). That incident taught me a lesson..

He said he had sent 2 packages out the same day and that he accidentally put the check in the wrong box. I have made weird mistakes too when I'm shipping stuff, so I wasn't concerned, it seemed plausible that it could happen. However, I do agree with what someone said, why would anyone tape a check to the inside of a box and not even tell the recipient. I could have easily thrown the used carton out and the garbage collection take it away. But as he seemed to be taking some actions to retrieve the check from Comiclink, I figured - hey, kooky yes, but who isn't a little.

Maybe he was counting on you throwing the box away,and not being able to retrieve it. That would give him an excuse to lead you on further.

So I have learned that long-delayed payments is this guys modus-operandi, and I need to be patient. I guess I finally drew the short straw meeting and dealing with this kind of :censored: . I emailed him again this morning and got some things off my chest, and basically told him to lose my number (after he pays me of course - if he even does).

If he doesn't I will of course out him, and nominate him for the PL. :facepalm:

So I have learned that long-delayed payments is this guys modus-operandi, and I need to be patient. I guess I finally drew the short straw meeting and dealing with this kind of :censored: . I emailed him again this morning and got some things off my chest, and basically told him to lose my number (after he pays me of course - if he even does). If he doesn't I will out him.

even if he paid you today, there are probably many here who would not want to deal with this character. i'd welcome a PM w/ his name if he happens to come through with the $ before being outed.

Edited by paperheart

So I have learned that long-delayed payments is this guys modus-operandi, and I need to be patient. I guess I finally drew the short straw meeting and dealing with this kind of :censored: . I emailed him again this morning and got some things off my chest, and basically told him to lose my number (after he pays me of course - if he even does). If he doesn't I will out him.

even if he paid you today, there are probably many here who would not want to deal with this character. i'd welcome a PM w/ his name if he happens to come through with the $ before being outed.

I will respond to all PM's . . .

I will respond to all PM's . . .

I predict you're going to be very popular. lol

FWIW I think you've gone about this the right way, and been fair to the end by preserving his identity. If the guy wants to keep some semblance of reputation here and not go down in flames, he now has one final chance to make it right.

So I have learned that long-delayed payments is this guys modus-operandi, and I need to be patient.

You have been more than patient. There is no excuse for the delays and I am surprised there are actually a few people justifying or excusing his behavior.

This situation (and others before) actually makes me wonder: am I weird/abnormal that I don't even start looking for a book or consider buying anything unless I have the cash sitting in front of me ready to be paid out immediately?

This situation (and others before) actually makes me wonder: am I weird/abnormal that I don't even start looking for a book or consider buying anything unless I have the cash sitting in front of me ready to be paid out immediately?

It makes me wonder about people who have hundreds of thousands of dollars tied up in comic books welching on agreements.

It makes me wonder about people who have hundreds of thousands of dollars tied up in comic books welching on agreements.

I guess I've been doing it all wrong too (shrug)

I'm going to be off-line for most of the day, imbibing nitro fumes at e-town :cloud9:

I'll respond to PM's later, and update all if and when I am paid.