• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

PROBATION DISCUSSIONS
21 21

36,203 posts in this topic

$493-$475=$18

I'm not sure why $18 difference was enough for the buyer to break the deal. Seems odd especially when spending that amount of money on books, you'd want the safest most secure way of shipping

I had a buyer walk away over a $2.51. I called them cheap here on the boards and got a 7 week strike. It's a crazy world.

Yeah, some people are just serious tightwads. I love when I have a comic on eBay that's originally listed at $3.00 and I have it on sale for $1.50 and I get an offer on it for $1.25. Really??? :facepalm:

Yeah, some people are just serious tightwads. I love when I have a comic on eBay that's originally listed at $3.00 and I have it on sale for $1.50 and I get an offer on it for $1.25. Really??? :facepalm:

I think it goes beyond being a tightwad. Some people seem to have it hard-wired down to their core that they can not simply pay a stated asking price. I don't care what the price is, or how good a deal that price represents...there are some who simply can't bring themselves to do it without offering less. It's something psychological, I presume...I'm sure it has a name hm When I encounter these people, I just :facepalm:

These are the people who create the time-wasting reverse psychology where sellers have to ask 10% more than what's rational, so that they then can give a "discount" to satisfy these buyers' psychological needs to pay less than the stated asking price.

:makepoint:

rantrant

I had a buyer walk away over a $2.51. I called them cheap here on the boards and got a 7 week strike. It's a crazy world.

When was this? 7 weeks for calling someone cheap?

lol

7 day or one week strike. Apparently my fingers and brain weren't synchronized.

lol

It's also possible that you are a peckernut.

lol

Quite probable I am the VP of peckernuts. I did welcome you to the club. :makepoint:

lol

Quite probable I am the VP of peckernuts. I did welcome you to the club. :makepoint:

Call him cheap.

lol

Call him cheap.

Don't do it, it's a trap.

I actually didn't even call the boardie cheap directly. I was posting in response to someone else and said "sounds like the buyer is cheap just like ......"

Blocked for 7 days. lol

$493-$475=$18

I'm not sure why $18 difference was enough for the buyer to break the deal. Seems odd especially when spending that amount of money on books, you'd want the safest most secure way of shipping

Sorry.

:(

;)

lol

Call him cheap.

Wot a chippy!

:takeit: per pm.
^^

Sad to see this book go!

Not so fast. Buyer had gotten cold feet due to "advice" from other board members.

Book is back up for sale.

My apologies for dropping out. I deserve any heat I take on.

It's an amazing book.

Would be PL-worth if AnkurJ decided to pursue. Since he's likely not (and I wouldn't either in this situation), I see no harm in pointing this out in this thread. Secret Son did, after all, say he deserves the heat. I'd probably avoid him in the future.

:takeit: per pm.
^^

Sad to see this book go!

Not so fast. Buyer had gotten cold feet due to "advice" from other board members.

Book is back up for sale.

My apologies for dropping out. I deserve any heat I take on.

It's an amazing book.

Would be PL-worth if AnkurJ decided to pursue. Since he's likely not (and I wouldn't either in this situation), I see no harm in pointing this out in this thread. Secret Son did, after all, say he deserves the heat. I'd probably avoid him in the future.

"Advice". ?

If he is going to take the heat, the least he could do is explain what advice he received that caused him to back out of a deal.

Edit: On second thought, it is actually better he didn't because that may interfere with the sale even more.

Edited by CAHokie