• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

PROBATION DISCUSSIONS
21 21

36,203 posts in this topic

Wow. You guys have officially gone around the bend. Now printing a label makes it a deal. I suppose the goal has always been to kill the sales section. Just forget the I'll take it all together.

If a seller held Junkdrawer to an "I'll get back" you can bet he'd be changing his tune. Ridiculous.

I think everyone but you is pretty much past this point. I agree the seller could have said sorry we got no deal, the book is no longer available. You are 10000000000% (worship) Sooooooo right. But the book was available, the price was still ok and the seller accepted the payment, agreed to ship it and printed a label. The reason for canceling the label states "changed mind"
Jeff was just trying to boost his post count, Chris.

Obviously!!

Also "changed mind" can simply mean he changed his mind about needing a label. :gossip:

Hopefully the seller will come here and explain all the details that I can not provide. Keep in mind this is not a case of me going back after saying "I'll get back to you" only to find that the book was sold and now I'm mad. I know better than that. However when I did get back the book was available and the request for the funds this morning as well as the act of packing and purchasing a label felt like I was actually buying a book. I would have been ok with the sorry the book is no longer available/ you snooze you lose/ or even an "I'll get back to ya", but its clear this is a deal revisited and completed and backed out on. Thats how I call it and see it. Let the seller say when he listed it, where he listed it, when it sold, to who it sold to, and at what times all these events occurred. Not my place to say them things.

Why do you keep saying it was packed?

He told me its ready to ship in our first exchange. He told me this morning he will ship it out tomorrow morning. The fact that he says he has the book and plans to ship it and then creates a label would only leave me to believe that he put it in the box and weighed it to make the label. Do you think he unpacked it after that?

Wow. You guys have officially gone around the bend. Now printing a label makes it a deal. I suppose the goal has always been to kill the sales section. Just forget the I'll take it all together.

If a seller held Junkdrawer to an "I'll get back" you can bet he'd be changing his tune. Ridiculous.

I think everyone but you is pretty much past this point. I agree the seller could have said sorry we got no deal, the book is no longer available. You are 10000000000% (worship) Sooooooo right. But the book was available, the price was still ok and the seller accepted the payment, agreed to ship it and printed a label. The reason for canceling the label states "changed mind"

Obviously!!

Also "changed mind" can simply mean he changed his mind about needing a label. :gossip:

Hopefully the seller will come here and explain all the details that I can not provide. Keep in mind this is not a case of me going back after saying "I'll get back to you" only to find that the book was sold and now I'm mad. I know better than that. However when I did get back the book was available and the request for the funds this morning as well as the act of packing and purchasing a label felt like I was actually buying a book. I would have been ok with the sorry the book is no longer available/ you snooze you lose/ or even an "I'll get back to ya", but its clear this is a deal revisited and completed and backed out on. Thats how I call it and see it. Let the seller say when he listed it, where he listed it, when it sold, to who it sold to, and at what times all these events occurred. Not my place to say them things.

He told me its ready to ship in our first exchange. He told me this morning he will ship it out tomorrow morning. The fact that he says he has the book and plans to ship it and then creates a label would only leave me to believe that he put it in the box and weighed it to make the label. Do you think he unpacked it after that?

I print labels based on my standard packaging. Rarely is a book packed when I print.

Obviously!!

I print labels based on my standard packaging. Rarely is a book packed when I print.

I'm the opposite. I pack things up in advance. I sell lots of stuff thats why.

Obviously!!

How do you combine shipping?

Obviously!!

How do you combine shipping?

I dont actually seal the box just in case of that. If I got a variety of odd ball things for sale, chances are they dont get won by the same buyer. I just like being able to slap labels on boxes and same day ship everything.

Can we discuss what is a CATCH in football I think we might get somewhere.

This suggests we should make the move to instant replay for the Sales Forums.

And IMO the question is whether the seller had control of the package all the way to the ground.

I'm actually with Junk Donkey on this one. I see 3 possible scenarios here (we can figure out which one if you tell us what book it is so we can search on eBay)

Scenario 1 - Seller has book listed here and on eBay at the same time. Thread gets poofed as a result. Junk drawer emails him and they negotiate a price. After the stated price of $135, Junk drawer says "I'll get back." The implication of "I'll get back" is that Junk drawer is considering, but there is no deal at this point. Seller has every right to sell the book to someone else during this period since there is no deal and no hard offer. During this time, the seller apparently sent a Second Chance Offer on eBay. At that point there is one open offer on eBay and that's it. Junk drawer and seller did not have a deal until Junk drawer was told to send the payment a second time. The question becomes: when was the Second Chance Offer accepted? If the Second Chance Offer was accepted before the Seller told Junk drawer to resend the $135, then the eBay purchaser is the rightful winner of the book. In this scenario, it is irrelevant whether the book sold on eBay was for more or less than the $135.

Scenario 2 - Same as the above except in this situation the Second Chance Offer was accepted after Junk drawer resent the $135. This situation is tricky if the Second Chance Offer had been sent before the deal with Junk drawer was completed, because the Second Chance Offer on eBay is a hard offer with a determined time period in which a buyer can choose to accept it. If the second chance buyer accepted at any time during that period he is the rightful winner of the book. In this situation, the Seller made an error, but was rightfully honoring the deal with the eBay buyer. I would give the seller a break in this case.

Scenario 3 - Same as the above except the seller sent the Second Chance Offer after Junk drawer had been asked to resent the $135. In this scenario, Junk drawer is the rightful purchaser of the book and the seller's actions are probation worthy.

The time when the second chance offer was sent is what matters here.

Because of the haphazard way in which the deal was done, I'd probably let it go. The seller has offered a way to make you whole by submitting what he thinks is a 9.8 and selling it to you at the agreed price.

And that (told to resend $) is when the deal was consummated

Seller makes inventory error and we want revenge?

lol
I could see if he had 33 copies and over sold a book or two, but its quite clear the inventory in question was just a single book he had in his sales thread here. Hard to loose track of all that inventory. The problem is quite clear the book was offered elsewhere. He was quite content at 9 am this morning with funds in house. The book was packed and label generated. And a follow up PM to say it will ship tomorrow. 10:44 the book becomes no longer available. Inventory problem my :censored:

can u tell what time it sold on ebay?

He told me he made a second chance offer to someone. I dont see that sale

Is castration an option? (shrug)

I'm actually with Junk Donkey on this one. I see 3 possible scenarios here (we can figure out which one if you tell us what book it is so we can search on eBay)

Scenario 1 - Seller has book listed here and on eBay at the same time. Thread gets poofed as a result. Junk drawer emails him and they negotiate a price. After the stated price of $135, Junk drawer says "I'll get back." The implication of "I'll get back" is that Junk drawer is considering, but there is no deal at this point. Seller has every right to sell the book to someone else during this period since there is no deal and no hard offer. During this time, the seller apparently sent a Second Chance Offer on eBay. At that point there is one open offer on eBay and that's it. Junk drawer and seller did not have a deal until Junk drawer was told to send the payment a second time. The question becomes: when was the Second Chance Offer accepted? If the Second Chance Offer was accepted before the Seller told Junk drawer to resend the $135, then the eBay purchaser is the rightful winner of the book. In this scenario, it is irrelevant whether the book sold on eBay was for more or less than the $135.

Scenario 2 - Same as the above except in this situation the Second Chance Offer was accepted after Junk drawer resent the $135. This situation is tricky if the Second Chance Offer had been sent before the deal with Junk drawer was completed, because the Second Chance Offer on eBay is a hard offer with a determined time period in which a buyer can choose to accept it. If the second chance buyer accepted at any time during that period he is the rightful winner of the book. In this situation, the Seller made an error, but was rightfully honoring the deal with the eBay buyer. I would give the seller a break in this case.

Scenario 3 - Same as the above except the seller sent the Second Chance Offer after Junk drawer had been asked to resent the $135. In this scenario, Junk drawer is the rightful purchaser of the book and the seller's actions are probation worthy.

Because of the haphazard way in which the deal was done, I'd probably let it go. The seller has offered a way to make you whole by submitting what he thinks is a 9.8 and selling it to you at the agreed price.

This is the most rational & reasonable thing I've read on here in a long time. I think I should stop looking at the boards for the night just so that I conclude my night with reason & rationality.

This is the most rational & reasonable thing I've read on here in a long time. I think I should stop looking at the boards for the night just so that I conclude my night with reason & rationality.

:acclaim: