• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

PROBATION DISCUSSIONS
21 21

36,203 posts in this topic

My first Nomination to the HOS. Simon33

Last week there was a noob with a sales thread. He listed 3 books and one was a Harley Quinn Cgc 9.8 I needed for my registry set. His price was 150 and he had no pictures or important details so his thread got poofed. I pm him and offer 125 shipped, he countered with 135 shipped and then me at 130 and he said he's staying at 135. I said I'll get back. He told me is PayPal so it took me a few days to get funds in my Pp acct and then sent the 135 and followed up through pm

Today he says he didn't get it so I resent it this morning. Everything is cool and he says he is going to ship tomorrow morning. A while later he said he is going to refund me cause he sold the book elsewhere. I really needed that book too. He only has 6 posts so I guess he don't care much for this place.

Did you explain to him that selling it to someone else after agreeing to a deal with you wouldn't fly here? You could probably include that in any "I'm nominating you to the probation list PM" that gives him 3 days to post here and either come to his senses or at least try and explain himself.

- I'd imagine with all the venues that facilitate selling these days, Instagram, facebook etc.. that some of those place have different etiquette expectations. I don't know. (shrug)

I'm confused. If that is the chain of events then where is the deal?

Ok, I need to apologize for a big mistake I've made. I thought I had a spare 9.8 to sell, but an eBay second chance offer came through so I'm going to have to refund your money.

I have a raw copy of the Harley Book that I can send you pictures of, I'm fairly certain it will get a 9.8. - yours for $20. I can also send it to get graded and honor your purchase price from today when it comes back in.

I'm incredibly sorry for this screw up.

I see someone who is trying really hard to make you happy. I do not see a deal in the scenario you described above.

Last week there was a noob with a sales thread. He listed 3 books and one was a Harley Quinn Cgc 9.8 I needed for my registry set. His price was 150 and he had no pictures or important details so his thread got poofed. I pm him and offer 125 shipped, he countered with 135 shipped and then me at 130 and he said he's staying at 135. I said I'll get back. He told me is PayPal so it took me a few days to get funds in my Pp acct and then sent the 135 and followed up through pm

Today he says he didn't get it so I resent it this morning. Everything is cool and he says he is going to ship tomorrow morning. A while later he said he is going to refund me cause he sold the book elsewhere. I really needed that book too. He only has 6 posts so I guess he don't care much for this place.

Did you explain to him that selling it to someone else after agreeing to a deal with you wouldn't fly here? You could probably include that in any "I'm nominating you to the probation list PM" that gives him 3 days to post here and either come to his senses or at least try and explain himself.

- I'd imagine with all the venues that facilitate selling these days, Instagram, facebook etc.. that some of those place have different etiquette expectations. I don't know. (shrug)

Ok, I need to apologize for a big mistake I've made. I thought I had a spare 9.8 to sell, but an eBay second chance offer came through so I'm going to have to refund your money.

I have a raw copy of the Harley Book that I can send you pictures of, I'm fairly certain it will get a 9.8. - yours for $20. I can also send it to get graded and honor your purchase price from today when it comes back in.

This should clear things up for you to follow along.

Nope. Don't see a deal. Are you trying to say you accepted his $135 by paying him? Would need a better timeline if that's the case. Still don't see a deal but maybe a timeline would illuminate.

We agreed on the sellers price.

Payment was sent.

Shipping was confirmed.

Label was printed per USPS.

He said he is staying at $135

You said that "I'll get back"

???

Edited by Junk Donkey

I see someone who is trying really hard to make you happy. I do not see a deal in the scenario you described above.

I see that I paid for a book the sum that was told to me. The book was packed and USPS label affixed. I got notification that the book was set to go out tomorrow. You dont see this as a deal?

Payment was sent.

Shipping was confirmed.

???

I did get back and agreed to the 135 and sent payment to his paypal. He packed the book and printed a label.

I see that I paid for a book the sum that was told to me. The book was packed and USPS label affixed. I got notification that the book was set to go out tomorrow. You dont see this as a deal?

You're twisting a little. lol

He countered a price that you did not accept. Instead it seems you wanted to think about it. Then you send funds. The seller after seeing the funds does his dues diligence and prints a label. After realizing his mistake he promptly answers you and offers solutions. I see a seller trying. He may have had it listed in two places but depends on the timeline.

No, I do not see where a deal was agreed to. I see a payment made and an assumption that therefore there was a deal.

I think the bolded part is where JDonkey is asking "where's the deal?" he countered with 135, but you never say you said yes to the 135, just that you moved forward with getting paypal funds together....

so did he know you accepted his $135 terms?

Payment was sent.

Shipping was confirmed.

???

I did get back and agreed to the 135 and sent payment to his paypal. He packed the book and printed a label.

So he was supposed to assume he was holding it for you? "I'll get back". What does that mean?

I think the bolded part is where JDonkey is asking "where's the deal?" he countered with 135, but you never say you said yes to the 135, just that you moved forward with getting paypal funds together....

so did he know you accepted his $135 terms?

Exactly.

Payment was sent.

Shipping was confirmed.

???

So he was supposed to assume he was holding it for you? "I'll get back". What does that mean?

I think the fact that the seller bought and paid for shipping should be enough proof that the deal was consummated at some point in the mind of both buyer and seller.

See where you're coming from, sort of. But, printing a label is not due diligence. It's a step in furtherance of completing a transaction.

We don't know that. I print labels from PayPal. I select "payments received" and print the label. It does not mean that some randomn payment that had a label printed is my acceptance of a deal.

Payment was sent.

Shipping was confirmed.

???

I think the fact that the seller bought and paid for shipping should be enough proof that the deal was consummated at some point in the mind of both buyer and seller.

Quick. What's your PayPal? lol

We don't know the seller's SOP. Printing a label is not acceptance of a deal.

Payment was sent.

Shipping was confirmed.

???

didn't he also state that it was 'packed and ready to go out tomorrow'? Even without stating the actual words, that plus the printed label would be enough for any reasonable person to think they had a deal.

Payment was sent.

Shipping was confirmed.

???

didn't he also state that it was 'packed and ready to go out tomorrow'? Even without stating the actual words, that plus the printed label would be enough for any reasonable person to think they had a deal.

Don't think so.

See where you're coming from, sort of. But, printing a label is not due diligence. It's a step in furtherance of completing a transaction.

We don't know that. I print labels from PayPal. I select "payments received" and print the label. It does not mean that some randomn payment that had a label printed is my acceptance of a deal.

And then for all those times where you printed despite having a deal, you're out the postage? Or do you wait for a refund from USPS?

And then for all those times where you printed despite having a deal, you're out the postage? Or do you wait for a refund from USPS?

Any label errors I wait for a refund. Not a big deal.

Edited by Junk Donkey

You're twisting a little. lol

He countered a price that you did not accept. Instead it seems you wanted to think about it. Then you send funds. The seller after seeing the funds does his dues diligence and prints a label. After realizing his mistake he promptly answers you and offers solutions. I see a seller trying. He may have had it listed in two places but depends on the timeline.

No, I do not see where a deal was agreed to. I see a payment made and an assumption that therefore there was a deal.

I see two deals and obviously he took the one that made him the most profit.

I agree, I said I'll get back and I did hold true to that. I was never made aware that the book was available somewhere else. I saw his sales thread poofed so I thought I had this book sewed up. I sent funds yesterday and followed up with a PM. For whatever reason, the funds never got there. We exchanged PMs this morning and I was told to resend and I did and it went through. I was told that the book would ship tomorrow. A label was generated. 1 1/2 hours later I get the bad news.