• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

PROBATION DISCUSSIONS
21 21

36,203 posts in this topic

We agreed on the sellers price.

Payment was sent.

Shipping was confirmed.

Label was printed per USPS.

He said he is staying at $135

You said that "I'll get back"

???

I did get back and agreed to the 135 and sent payment to his paypal. He packed the book and printed a label.

So he was supposed to assume he was holding it for you? "I'll get back". What does that mean?

I think the fact that the seller bought and paid for shipping should be enough proof that the deal was consummated at some point in the mind of both buyer and seller.

Quick. What's your PayPal? lol

We don't know the seller's SOP. Printing a label is not acceptance of a deal.

Really Jeff? Split hairs much? I believe if a seller prints a shipping label/tracking it most certainly does. IF not, then what does it mean? They're sending you a Christmas gift early?

If anyone can't see a deal was made here, they must be blind.

I'll remember to post "I'll get back" as the official I'll take it in my next sales thread.

I like ya Jeff but, you're wrong here. That's all I have to say.

So

The seller comes on

"My sales thread was closed so I listed on eBay. JD said he would be back for what that's worth. He sent me a PM claiming he sent payment. I told him to send it again. I printed the label and then noticed it sold on eBay. Sent the buyer a message and he still wanted it. Was just waiting for an invoice. Apologized to JD, offered to make it up to him and cancelled the label. Sorry about that"

No rules broken

No clear deal before item sold

Lesson? I'll get back is not clear communication.

I'll remember to post "I'll get back" as the official I'll take it in my next sales thread.

So "I'll get back" is common code for "I'll take it"?

I like you too. :)

Wow. You guys have officially gone around the bend. Now printing a label makes it a deal. I suppose the goal has always been to kill the sales section. Just forget the I'll take it all together.

If a seller held Junkdrawer to an "I'll get back" you can bet he'd be changing his tune. Ridiculous.

I think everyone but you is pretty much past this point. I agree the seller could have said sorry we got no deal, the book is no longer available. You are 10000000000% (worship) Sooooooo right. But the book was available, the price was still ok and the seller accepted the payment, agreed to ship it and printed a label. The reason for canceling the label states "changed mind"

Wow. You guys have officially gone around the bend. Now printing a label makes it a deal. I suppose the goal has always been to kill the sales section. Just forget the I'll take it all together.

If a seller held Junkdrawer to an "I'll get back" you can bet he'd be changing his tune. Ridiculous.

I think everyone but you is pretty much past this point. I agree the seller could have said sorry we got no deal, the book is no longer available. You are 10000000000% (worship) Sooooooo right. But the book was available, the price was still ok and the seller accepted the payment, agreed to ship it and printed a label. The reason for canceling the label states "changed mind"
Jeff was just trying to boost his post count, Chris.

So

The seller comes on

"My sales thread was closed so I listed on eBay. JD said he would be back for what that's worth. He sent me a PM claiming he sent payment. I told him to send it again. I printed the label and then noticed it sold on eBay. Sent the buyer a message and he still wanted it. Was just waiting for an invoice. Apologized to JD, offered to make it up to him and cancelled the label. Sorry about that"

No rules broken

No clear deal before item sold

Lesson? I'll get back is not clear communication.

I'd ask when it sold on ebay, could we see a link?

No timeline

No eBay reference

No idea if the book was previously sold

Did the seller oops? Yes. Is it even on the rim of PL worthy? No

It was implied the book was for sale in two spots. Unsubstantiated.

Implied the seller refused sale to make more on another sale. Unsubstantiated.

Implied that printing a label makes it a deal. Simply BS.

Nice inflation. :whee:

Obviously!!

Also "changed mind" can simply mean he changed his mind about needing a label. :gossip:

Ok, I need to apologize for a big mistake I've made. I thought I had a spare 9.8 to sell, but an eBay second chance offer came through so I'm going to have to refund your money.

I have a raw copy of the Harley Book that I can send you pictures of, I'm fairly certain it will get a 9.8. - yours for $20. I can also send it to get graded and honor your purchase price from today when it comes back in.

I'm incredibly sorry for this screw up.

This should clear things up for you to follow along.

This seems to have been lost in the mix.

If the seller didn't agree to sell it to you, ( and give you his paypal information, and take your payment, all earmarks of the elusive and rare "deal").....then why would he send this message to you...

This message to you would/should eliminate doubt as to what the seller was thinking as to whether this was a deal or not.

Ok, I need to apologize for a big mistake I've made. I thought I had a spare 9.8 to sell, but an eBay second chance offer came through so I'm going to have to refund your money.

I have a raw copy of the Harley Book that I can send you pictures of, I'm fairly certain it will get a 9.8. - yours for $20. I can also send it to get graded and honor your purchase price from today when it comes back in.

If the seller didn't agree to sell it to you, ( and give you his paypal information, and take your payment, all earmarks of the elusive and rare "deal").....then why would he send this message to you...

This message to you would/should eliminate doubt as to what the seller was thinking as to whether this was a deal or not.

Can he have a deal if he already sold the book?

Obviously!!

Also "changed mind" can simply mean he changed his mind about needing a label. :gossip:

Hopefully the seller will come here and explain all the details that I can not provide. Keep in mind this is not a case of me going back after saying "I'll get back to you" only to find that the book was sold and now I'm mad. I know better than that. However when I did get back the book was available and the request for the funds this morning as well as the act of packing and purchasing a label felt like I was actually buying a book. I would have been ok with the sorry the book is no longer available/ you snooze you lose/ or even an "I'll get back to ya", but its clear this is a deal revisited and completed and backed out on. Thats how I call it and see it. Let the seller say when he listed it, where he listed it, when it sold, to who it sold to, and at what times all these events occurred. Not my place to say them things.

Maybe ask the seller. he's the one convinced he's got to make it up to Junk.

Obviously!!

Hopefully the seller will come here and explain all the details that I can not provide. Keep in mind this is not a case of me going back after saying "I'll get back to you" only to find that the book was sold and now I'm mad. I know better than that. However when I did get back the book was available and the request for the funds this morning as well as the act of packing and purchasing a label felt like I was actually buying a book. I would have been ok with the sorry the book is no longer available/ you snooze you lose/ or even an "I'll get back to ya", but its clear this is a deal revisited and completed and backed out on. Thats how I call it and see it. Let the seller say when he listed it, where he listed it, when it sold, to who it sold to, and at what times all these events occurred. Not my place to say them things.

Why do you keep saying it was packed?

Maybe ask the seller. he's the one convinced he's got to make it up to Junk.

Why should we assume that the seller knew he was communicating via PM. He could have taken Ambien and was sleep selling.