• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

PROBATION DISCUSSIONS
21 21

36,203 posts in this topic

This is a guy that does not have the time nor the resources to ship his items. However he has the time and resources to buy vintage Star Wars collections.

The guy needs a reality check - that we enable and facilitate this behavior is ridiculous to me

I noticed it was mentioned some time back that he used GoFund me donations to pay off a paypal bill. Is that a fact?

I believe his goal was $15k and the donations reached approx. $3k until the truth was discovered.

I believe part of the money was to be used to pay off a PayPal Business Loan and the other was to prepay living expenses for a few months to "get back on his feet."

It was then discovered that once the original PP loan was paid off, he intended to take out an even larger PP loan.

:idea:

I'm going to post an ad on CL Brooklyn for vintage legos and Sinatra memorabilia

My buying will be severely limited for the next thirty years. I'm not taking the bait.

Nail meet coffin

:roflmao:. Seriously.

There was a board member a long while back that had an issue, and I donated a couple hundred dollars to his fund as others have done. I even drove all the way to Redondo Beach to treat him to breakfast, and try to talk him down off the ledge (for lack of a better word) . He ended up using the money for other "things", instead of what it was meant for.

That is the last time I donated to a cause here.

I'm sure other causes that have arisen here since are good causes. I just have my own cause, my wife &two boys. They're enough for me.

Fool me once, shame on you. Fool me twice....... You know what I mean. meh

I don't fear moderation retribution on this and if there is a problem mods feel free to PM me.

Boardie posted a Craigslist ad for vintage Star Wars figures in the Myrtle Beach, South Carolina area see who would respond. Lo and behold, Chip inquired about buying the collection.

How is it that a guy who lost his job, has no time, nor resources to ship out his sales, has the time and resources to buy vintage Star Wars collections ?

Chip needs to go.

I'm going to post an ad on CL Brooklyn for vintage legos and Sinatra memorabilia

My buying will be severely limited for the next thirty years. I'm not taking the bait.

:baiting: Just trying to get out of paying for dinner next time??

You all are not maybe seeing this from Chip's perspective, I think his plan would be to buy the action figures for X and flip them for more money thus being able to provide better for his daughter? * insert sarcasm here*

I am absolutely sure that is what he would say.

You all are not maybe seeing this from Chip's perspective, I think his plan would be to buy the action figures for X and flip them for more money thus being able to provide better for his daughter? * insert sarcasm here*

I am absolutely sure that is what he would say.

No doubt.

If you're in a hole, you DON'T spend money on "stuff", you pay your debts and set yourself straight.

:baiting: Just trying to get out of paying for dinner next time??

lol - Absolutely not.