• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

PROBATION DISCUSSIONS
21 21

36,203 posts in this topic

Its almost 11:30 here in Montreal. New Years isn't as big a deal here, since nothing has changed here in 40 years anyway....

But if nothing else we can all wish each other a Happy New Years!

It's only 8:30 here and my 2 year old is watching Empire Strikes Back for the first time and is captivated. R2 was his second word after Dada when he was a baby (he played with my interactive R2 Droid) so he likes watching his best friend on TV. lol

Oh, and before you think I am just being a basher, I personally offered to help him organize his finances and set up a pay schedule. He never took that free offer. I was also the one in contact with Swick late that night saying we may need to send someone to his house. BECAUSE I CARED. Luckily Swick was equally as concerned and already in the process of doing it. Holding him accountable doesn't mean we don't care about his issues. Just like his issues don't give him a free pass to do whatever he wants either.

As I said, holding someone accountable and lighting torches are two different things.

If someone caught Chip with a kilo of cocaine and a room full of hookers that he bought with everyone's money I'd say light the torches.

But when you are dealing with mental illness, it's not about 'good ole' know how' and elbow grease. There are deeper issues and they deserve a little more respect. I know first hand.

Want to nominate him? Throw the book at him. I'm with you.

But can we please stop with the derogatory comments? That does nothing positive.

You're starting from an assumption of complete honesty and lack of manipulation on the part of the person from whom we're receiving all this information about the "illness".

At this point, we should be removing slack and assumptions of honesty, not expanding them.

The level of manipulation and responsibility avoidance we have been witness to tells me it's just as likely we're dealing with someone using "illness" as a shield or crutch and may not actually be suffering from it, at least sans a level of exaggeration.

Exaggerating or leveraging the perception of mental illness as cover for poor organization and manipulative business practices is far more offensive than people demanding responsibility from someone who has repeatedly had issues with fulfilling what's owed from them.

Just sayin' the basic assumptions for your sympathy may not be what we are being told they are. I have no reason to believe anything I'm being told thus far.

Nuff said.

Fired from his job ?

Either repeatedly late or no show, slacking or no interest. My guess is all three.

How do you get fired from Uber?? (shrug)

Poor ratings from customers? (shrug)

Fired from his job ?

Either repeatedly late or no show, slacking or no interest. My guess is all three.

Filling up that gas tank is a lot of work. Just too much effort. That and asking the customer to pay for it.

Fired from his job ?

Poor ratings from customers? (shrug)

Quiet Noob, I was speaking metaphorically!