• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

PROBATION DISCUSSIONS
21 21

36,203 posts in this topic

Oh, and before you think I am just being a basher, I personally offered to help him organize his finances and set up a pay schedule. He never took that free offer. I was also the one in contact with Swick late that night saying we may need to send someone to his house. BECAUSE I CARED. Luckily Swick was equally as concerned and already in the process of doing it. Holding him accountable doesn't mean we don't care about his issues. Just like his issues don't give him a free pass to do whatever he wants either.

As I said, holding someone accountable and lighting torches are two different things.

If someone caught Chip with a kilo of cocaine and a room full of hookers that he bought with everyone's money I'd say light the torches.

But when you are dealing with mental illness, it's not about 'good ole' know how' and elbow grease. There are deeper issues and they deserve a little more respect. I know first hand.

Want to nominate him? Throw the book at him. I'm with you.

But can we please stop with the derogatory comments? That does nothing positive.

You keep talking about "mental illness". Why are you so certain he suffers from that?

Oh, and before you think I am just being a basher, I personally offered to help him organize his finances and set up a pay schedule. He never took that free offer. I was also the one in contact with Swick late that night saying we may need to send someone to his house. BECAUSE I CARED. Luckily Swick was equally as concerned and already in the process of doing it. Holding him accountable doesn't mean we don't care about his issues. Just like his issues don't give him a free pass to do whatever he wants either.

And I just want to comment that I remembered someone offered to help but didn't remember who it was.

I think it was really cool of you to offer to help. (thumbs u

As I said, holding someone accountable and lighting torches are two different things.

If someone caught Chip with a kilo of cocaine and a room full of hookers that he bought with everyone's money I'd say light the torches.

But when you are dealing with mental illness, it's not about 'good ole' know how' and elbow grease. There are deeper issues and they deserve a little more respect. I know first hand.

But can we please stop with the derogatory comments? That does nothing positive.

You keep talking about "mental illness". Why are you so certain he suffers from that?

Logan,

After they did the welfare check on him, he posted in the thread about seeking help and medication. Mental Illness can have a wide span. Depression for example can and usually is considered a mental illness though not what comes to mind when you hear the term. I have no reason to doubt that he is having problems if he says he does, I am just not ready to accept them as an excuse for any type of behavior.

After some board members called the authorities, he was checked into a local hospital.

While he was checked into the hospital he had 5 figures large in books of mine that he couldn't get to.

His hospital called me on his behalf because Chip wanted me to know that there would be a delay in auctioning the books.

I missed the call, googled the number because I didn't recognize it and it was a hospital in Myrtle Beach. I called and spoke to someone at the hospital.

I'm here for the circle jerk

We know....

:D

Do I jerk the one on my left or right ?

What is the etiquette of a circle jerk anyways? Do we all start at the count of 3?

Go with the flow. :fear:

After some board members called the authorities, he was checked into a local hospital.

While he was checked into the hospital he had 5 figures large in books of mine that he couldn't get to.

His hospital called me on his behalf because Chip wanted me to know that there would be a delay in auctioning the books.

I missed the call, googled the number because I didn't recognize it and it was a hospital in Myrtle Beach. I called and spoke to someone at the hospital.

when someone is picked up and taken to the hospital b/c others fear they may be a danger to themselves, it doesn't mean they have a mental illness. They're asked questions and then its determined whether to take them in.

one doesn't have to have a mental illness to be admitted to the hospital. Might not be in the right state of mind...but saying he has a "mental illness" strictly b/c he want to the hospital isn't necessarily true

That is true as well. That is why I don't want to speculate on his mental health. That is a very touchy subject and only he knows the truth on that and really, it's none of our business unless he uses it as an excuse.

You're starting from an assumption of complete honesty and lack of manipulation on the part of the person from whom we're receiving all this information about the "illness".

At this point, we should be removing slack and assumptions of honesty, not expanding them.

The level of manipulation and responsibility avoidance we have been witness to tells me it's just as likely we're dealing with someone using "illness" as a shield or crutch and may not actually be suffering from it, at least sans a level of exaggeration.

Exaggerating or leveraging the perception of mental illness as cover for poor organization and manipulative business practices is far more offensive than people demanding responsibility from someone who has repeatedly had issues with fulfilling what's owed from them.

Just sayin' the basic assumptions for your sympathy may not be what we are being told they are. I have no reason to believe anything I'm being told thus far.

when someone is picked up and taken to the hospital b/c others fear they may be a danger to themselves, it doesn't mean they have a mental illness. They're asked questions and then its determined whether to take them in.

one doesn't have to have a mental illness to be admitted to the hospital. Might not be in the right state of mind...but saying he has a "mental illness" strictly b/c he want to the hospital isn't necessarily true

Brock,

Thanks for showing what an insensitive (and pompass) person you can be.

I can verify my previous posts with details but I don't want to talk about someone else on the internet needlessly so I'm done on this topic now that I've made my point.

If someone needs more details they can reach me privately.

Just sayin' the basic assumptions for your sympathy may not be what we are being told they are. I have no reason to believe anything I'm being told thus far.

Personally, If it's not an acute situation where someone else's well being is in harm's way I'd rather err on the side of caution on the topic.

The topics of mental health and accountability can both be satisfied. It doesn't have to be one or the other.

Doesn't this always happen in this thread

Threat of the PL

PL avoided

Next

Threat of the PL

PL avoided

next

Yes, which is why Chip should go straight to the HOS.

At least he's there and people will know what's transpired. If he goes on the PL, then off..and then as well all know eventually back on the PL, it'll all go away.

Send him to the HOS. If he was an attorney, he'd be disbarred.

Easy HOS vote for me. A serial liar who repeatedly lets down the people who're trying to help him.

Chip, where were you for the last 30 plus days when people were asking for their stuff?