• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

PROBATION DISCUSSIONS
21 21

36,203 posts in this topic

That the threat of PL incited Chip to start proactively fulfilling his obligations is pretty troubling.

One of the major problems with society is that we are taught to act out of fear of punishment.

Many current members of society were not taught to act out of want but out of need. I know I wasn't raised to think that way.

"Wear your seat belt or the cops will write a ticket"

"If you work it just right, you can scam your insurance company for this much"

"Pay your taxes or the taxman will come after you"

"Wait til your father comes home"

How about we teach kids that paying taxes is a good thing because it pays for all the awesome liberties we have?

Society is until this changes.

Another one of the major problems with society is a lack of accountability. As it relates to what's going on in this discussion, if people were accountable, the Probation List (and fear of being put on it) wouldn't even need to exist.

^^

I said nothing about facebook lol

I was talking about your mentioning your post amount.

Oh, just mentioned that because I'm known for posting a lot but I made my post about Chip short.

Get off me, Canuck! :baiting:

Does any of this come as a shock to anyone???

You're a total finger wagging, know it all, jerk off sometimes. In cases like this it's better to just not say anything than show everyone how right you can be.

Its funny that you take this "holier than thou" attitude. I'm SOOO sorry that someone you befriended on the internet has turned out to be a lazy loser.

Yup....said it point blank: Chip is a loser. No other way around it.

He preys on others using his self-inflicted poor choices and when people, out of the kindness of their hearts decide to help them, he continues to be his worst enemy.

How long do you throw good money at bad problems? How many people does he continue to deceive until people actually get it?!

And for the record, you can kiss my ! You think you're so much better b/c you fail to call a spade a spade....or that you'll "help out a fellow man." Well I have the balls to say exactly how it is. And it's not one time, or two times...its YEARS... YEARS of Chip cheating and manipulating people.

Theft....yes, it is theft. When you buy something and hold the items for weeks/months/years in some cases...then yeah, that's theft.

So you keep on walking the straight and narrow. You keep on thinking you're better. You're not better than anyone.....and yeah, I'll continue to rail on your Facebook friend....

B/c at the end of the day, he's nothing more than a leech who's admitted on more than one occasion that he's too lazy and unmotivated to MAN up and do what's necessary.

It has nothing to do with better or worse. It has nothing to do with Facebook friends and it has nothing to do with tribalism.

Didn't I just post that people need to deal with Chip at their own discretion?

It has everyting to do with maturity.

"I told you so' and self righteousness is for immature people.

Let's hope your children don't grow up to be 'losers', because quite honestly nobody knows how they or their offspring are going to turn out but if they do let's hope someone gives them a soft place to fall once in a while. ;)

Seriously? Once in a while?

Are you that naive or just stupid?

It's a pattern...over YEARS and multiple places.

Its ok that you cannot see the forest for the trees Roy.

Chip is a loser, plain and simple. He's 44 and will not get/keep a job, cannot keep a place to live and constantly tugs at people's heartstrings to solicit donations to pay off a PayPal loan.

There comes a point where he needs to be called out for his repeated mess. That time is now.

As for children, it would be wise for you to take care of yours and not concern yourself with mine. Pretty sure mine will be just fine....

That the threat of PL incited Chip to start proactively fulfilling his obligations is pretty troubling.

One of the major problems with society is that we are taught to act out of fear of punishment.

Many current members of society were not taught to act out of want but out of need. I know I wasn't raised to think that way.

"Wear your seat belt or the cops will write a ticket"

"If you work it just right, you can scam your insurance company for this much"

"Pay your taxes or the taxman will come after you"

"Wait til your father comes home"

How about we teach kids that paying taxes is a good thing because it pays for all the awesome liberties we have?

Society is until this changes.

Another one of the major problems with society is a lack of accountability. As it relates to what's going on in this discussion, if people were accountable, the Probation List (and fear of being put on it) wouldn't even need to exist.

Dude, that goes without saying.

Having 6 kids, I've learned that consequences are my only sanity. :cloud9:

But holding people accountable and circle jerking each other and bashing people struggling with health issues are an entirely different thing.

Most of the people here know that Chip was dealing with depression earlier this year. , one of the board members even called the police on him to make sure he was OK.

And yet many people who witnessed that are happy to just sit and talk about what a jerk Chip is.

That tells me that people don't believe that mental health is a real thing.

And that is the biggest struggle that we face as a society today.

Mental health is real. It's killing people and injuring those that don't die because of it. I know first hand. My sister committed suicide. Another attempted it. Two aunts attempted it. I have a brother who is estranged.

You want to hold people accountable, I'm all for it. Put Chip on the Probation List.

But continual posts about how dishonest someone is, is not profitable to anyone except someone's ego.

You're a total finger wagging, know it all, jerk off sometimes. In cases like this it's better to just not say anything than show everyone how right you can be.

Its funny that you take this "holier than thou" attitude. I'm SOOO sorry that someone you befriended on the internet has turned out to be a lazy loser.

He preys on others using his self-inflicted poor choices and when people, out of the kindness of their hearts decide to help them, he continues to be his worst enemy.

How long do you throw good money at bad problems? How many people does he continue to deceive until people actually get it?!

And for the record, you can kiss my ! You think you're so much better b/c you fail to call a spade a spade....or that you'll "help out a fellow man." Well I have the balls to say exactly how it is. And it's not one time, or two times...its YEARS... YEARS of Chip cheating and manipulating people.

Theft....yes, it is theft. When you buy something and hold the items for weeks/months/years in some cases...then yeah, that's theft.

So you keep on walking the straight and narrow. You keep on thinking you're better. You're not better than anyone.....and yeah, I'll continue to rail on your Facebook friend....

B/c at the end of the day, he's nothing more than a leech who's admitted on more than one occasion that he's too lazy and unmotivated to MAN up and do what's necessary.

It has nothing to do with better or worse. It has nothing to do with Facebook friends and it has nothing to do with tribalism.

Let's hope your children don't grow up to be 'losers', because quite honestly nobody knows how they or their offspring are going to turn out but if they do let's hope someone gives them a soft place to fall once in a while. ;)

Seriously Vintage? People that are calling him out are immature? Immature is soliciting donations and expecting society to take care of you while refusing to get a normal job because "I'm too lazy." This way of thinking is one of the most dangerous ways of thinking in the world right now.

Please tell me that you truly don't believe it's a coincidence the packages are being sent now after this nomination?? I would have respected him more if he just said, I didn't do it, I'm sorry, but taking care of it now. Telling us it had nothing to do with this discussion is the same as saying we are insufficiently_thoughtful_persons.

I have nothing personal against Chip, but IMHO he probably should've been put in the HoS when it turned out he was asking for money to fund an entire expense free summer and to help him pay off his Paypal business loan.

There is too long of a history of bad behavior on other message boards and here to just let it slide 2c

Oh, and before you think I am just being a basher, I personally offered to help him organize his finances and set up a pay schedule. He never took that free offer. I was also the one in contact with Swick late that night saying we may need to send someone to his house. BECAUSE I CARED. Luckily Swick was equally as concerned and already in the process of doing it. Holding him accountable doesn't mean we don't care about his issues. Just like his issues don't give him a free pass to do whatever he wants either.

Seriously? Once in a while?

Are you that naive or just stupid?

It's a pattern...over YEARS and multiple places.

Its ok that you cannot see the forest for the trees Roy.

Chip is a loser, plain and simple. He's 44 and will not get/keep a job, cannot keep a place to live and constantly tugs at people's heartstrings to solicit donations to pay off a PayPal loan.

There comes a point where he needs to be called out for his repeated mess. That time is now.

As for children, it would be wise for you to take care of yours and not concern yourself with mine. Pretty sure mine will be just fine....

As I said, put him on the PL. But your self righteous bashing and posturing is nauseating. Not because I don't like you, because it's high school behavior.

The truth is you have no idea what the future holds for you or your family but in my experience, being sure that everything will be fine is usually an open door for that not happening. Life has a way of humbling us that way.

I concern myself with the well being of all children, sorry to offend you. :foryou:

And thank you again for reaffirming to the general public how self righteous you are.

Oh, and before you think I am just being a basher, I personally offered to help him organize his finances and set up a pay schedule. He never took that free offer. I was also the one in contact with Swick late that night saying we may need to send someone to his house. BECAUSE I CARED. Luckily Swick was equally as concerned and already in the process of doing it. Holding him accountable doesn't mean we don't care about his issues. Just like his issues don't give him a free pass to do whatever he wants either.

As I said, holding someone accountable and lighting torches are two different things.

If someone caught Chip with a kilo of cocaine and a room full of hookers that he bought with everyone's money I'd say light the torches.

But when you are dealing with mental illness, it's not about 'good ole' know how' and elbow grease. There are deeper issues and they deserve a little more respect. I know first hand.

Want to nominate him? Throw the book at him. I'm with you.

But can we please stop with the derogatory comments? That does nothing positive.

Lets stop the personal krap in here before this thread goes to Defcon 4. If he's on the list that's all that can be done for now.

Hopefully everyone gets there stuff but we'll find out next week.

This guy has dug himself a deep hole plain and simple.