• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

PROBATION DISCUSSIONS
21 21

36,203 posts in this topic

If you want to put him on the PL, I'm thinking the 30 day rule is still in effect. I can get with a seller listing their own timeframe for payment, and considering a deal void if that window is missed. But for the PL, we should stick to 30 days. There's just too much room for error in just three days.

Ok, I can understand that.

When I have a sales thread, I often do price reductions to promote quick sale of books and quick payments - which is why I stipulate the 3 day rule in my overall thread specifications. I don't mind even waiting for payment, but I also stipulate if that is the case, the buyer work it out with me ahead of time. And the reason for that is that I don't want to mark something down and wait 1-2 weeks for payment - because I could take those 1-2 weeks and attempt to sell it for regular price and get my full amount.

Like I told Sharon - I don't think the guy has to be nailed to a cross over a $40 sale - especially since no one is out anything other than time and inconvenience, but I was curious to what reprecussion there is (if any) to not following through on a sales thread and if there was some middle road between three days and 30 days.

I don't think I'll come back 30 days from now and nominate him to the PL because I'll just move on with life and give him ONE STAR on my personal star ratings list. :headbang:

Hey Dr. B, If the offer still stands at the Gauntlet 1-6 and Guardians #24 for $40 shipped I would :takeit:

If you want to put him on the PL, I'm thinking the 30 day rule is still in effect. I can get with a seller listing their own timeframe for payment, and considering a deal void if that window is missed. But for the PL, we should stick to 30 days. There's just too much room for error in just three days.

When I have a sales thread, I often do price reductions to promote quick sale of books and quick payments - which is why I stipulate the 3 day rule in my overall thread specifications. I don't mind even waiting for payment, but I also stipulate if that is the case, the buyer work it out with me ahead of time. And the reason for that is that I don't want to mark something down and wait 1-2 weeks for payment - because I could take those 1-2 weeks and attempt to sell it for regular price and get my full amount.

Like I told Sharon - I don't think the guy has to be nailed to a cross over a $40 sale - especially since no one is out anything other than time and inconvenience, but I was curious to what reprecussion there is (if any) to not following through on a sales thread and if there was some middle road between three days and 30 days.

I don't think I'll come back 30 days from now and nominate him to the PL because I'll just move on with life and give him ONE STAR on my personal star ratings list. :headbang:

Hey Dr. B, If the offer still stands at the Gauntlet 1-6 and Guardians #24 for $40 shipped I would :takeit:

Sure - let's do it. I'll PM you.

another victory for the probation discussion thread :)

:gossip: ignore Dr. B's PM :devil:

Balls makin' sweet BANK ! :golfclap:

I sent payment out to a boardie on the 28th of May for some slabs, is this the correct location to come sulk about it still not being here? :shy:

notify him that you're posting in this thread, give him 3 days, then out him and put him on the probation list. there's some directions in the first post of some of these threads somewhere....

I sent payment out to a boardie on the 28th of May for some slabs, is this the correct location to come sulk about it still not being here? :shy:

notify him that you're posting in this thread, give him 3 days, then out him and put him on the probation list. there's some directions in the first post of some of these threads somewhere....

Much appreciated.

There's no sweeter sale than one made in the PL thread. :headbang:

Just curious, has one like this ever been made in the PL?

Just curious, has one like this ever been made in the PL?

Believe it or not... I think I bought my Hero For Hire #1's from Chuck Gower here on the PL from a deal gone bad for him hm ... pretty sure. :)

Believe it or not... I think I bought my Hero For Hire #1's from Chuck Gower here on the PL from a deal gone bad for him hm ... pretty sure. :)

Chuck Grower (worship)

Chuck Grower (worship)

They call him Chuck for a reason... (worship)(worship)

Much appreciated.

I could be wrong, but if the seller is who I think it is, this would not be the first time a probation discussion has been started about his tardy shipping habits.

Much appreciated.

I could be wrong, but if the seller is who I think it is, this would not be the first time a probation discussion has been started about his tardy shipping habits.

Who are we talking about? There's no need to be shy.

Much appreciated.

A certain deity...of the sound caused by lightning.

Much appreciated.

A certain deity...of the sound caused by lightning.

riddles_zps66df655c.jpg

Oh boy - please tell me we aren't going to get Police Officer rants again.

Look how well that ended last time....

I would have hoped that the "offender" had learnt from the last debacle.

Hopefully, this is just a mis-understanding.