• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

PROBATION DISCUSSIONS
21 21

36,203 posts in this topic

I sent payment out to a boardie on the 28th of May for some slabs, is this the correct location to come sulk about it still not being here? :shy:

GOT has previously stated:

It's sometimes easier to ship a batch of books together rather than a single book at a time. Respected owners of their books are okay with this.

...So he may not have gotten a big enough batch of books to make it worth him going to the post office yet. :eyeroll:

Have you PMed him asking for status on shipping?

Edited by Miraclemet

I sent payment out to a boardie on the 28th of May for some slabs, is this the correct location to come sulk about it still not being here? :shy:

It's sometimes easier to ship a batch of books together rather than a single book at a time. Respected owners of their books are okay with this.

...So he may not have gotten a big enough batch of books to make it worth him going to the post office yet. :eyeroll:

For real? What a douchey thing to say! lol

Believe it or not... I think I bought my Hero For Hire #1's from Chuck Gower here on the PL from a deal gone bad for him hm ... pretty sure. :)

Chuck Grower (worship)

I have never bought anything from they call him Chuck, but HFH is a most excellent comic! How many did you get?

obviously you are not a respected owner... ;)

What does "respected owners of their books" even mean?

I think he meant "respectful owners of these books", along the lines of "those that are understanding about any delays".

(shrug)

I think he meant "respectful owners of these books", along the lines of "those that are understanding about any delays".

(shrug)

Not really much better...people who understand are understanding?

(shrug)

I hear ya. I'm just attempting to interpret the message - not the reasonable nature of the statement.

Someone bought books from me the other day, and upon payment they were shipped the very next day. That's my "reasonable" goal.

(shrug)

I hear ya. I'm just attempting to interpret the message - not the reasonable nature of the statement.

Someone bought books from me the other day, and upon payment they were shipped the very next day. That's my "reasonable" goal.

I think he meant the respective owners of the individual books are okay to wait to have them shipped when it's most convenient for him to do so.

(shrug)

Believe it or not... I think I bought my Hero For Hire #1's from Chuck Gower here on the PL from a deal gone bad for him hm ... pretty sure. :)

Chuck Grower (worship)

I have never bought anything from they call him Chuck, but HFH is a most excellent comic! How many did you get?

I've bought a few things from him over the years, and he went out of his way above-and-beyond what I expected to help me get a replacement book that got misplaced. Chuck is aces in my book, I hit his sales threads every time he throws one up.

Update on situation:

All is well...other than the waiting. Pack finally arrived today. Was sent the 27th, so at least it went out before the month mark hit :frustrated:

Thanks everyone for the help and support.

Chuck Grower (worship)

I've bought a few things from him over the years, and he went out of his way above-and-beyond what I expected to help me get a replacement book that got misplaced. Chuck is aces in my book, I hit his sales threads every time he throws one up.

Just so folks don't assume the Chuck Gower discussion is related to a probation situation, should this be moved to the General Discussion thread?

Chuck is outstanding!

Chuck Grower (worship)

Just so folks don't assume the Chuck Gower discussion is related to a probation situation, should this be moved to the General Discussion thread?

Chuck is outstanding!

Good point!

I was wondering the same thing. I think he was trying to say: "I've sold books to respected people on the boards and they haven't complained about my slow shipping." In other words: "This is the way we do it around here, noob."

i would like to be removed from the PL list. i only need a response from A. Romeo.

This got lost in the Chuck Gower love-in and does need addressing.

OP, have you PM'd A.Romeo and asked him to confirm the problem's resolution in this thread?

i would like to be removed from the PL list. i only need a response from A. Romeo.

OP, have you PM'd A.Romeo and asked him to confirm the problem's resolution in this thread?

i have and will do so again this afternoon. maybe it got lost in his messages with his sales.

i have and will do so again this afternoon. maybe it got lost in his messages with his sales.

he answered me this morning saying he won't help me get out of the PL because he doesn't want "someone like me" around here, whatever that means. I have already resolved my issue with Columbia Comics, who was the person that actually recommended me for the PL. where do I go from here? thank you.

Edited by zombizzy