• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

PROBATION DISCUSSIONS
21 21

36,203 posts in this topic

Since there's no statue of limitations on the PL, yep it sounds worthy.

Send him a PM stating you are nominating him and that he has been nominated. He has 3 days to respond.

full process outlined here:

http://boards.collectors-society.com/ubbthreads.php?ubb=showflat&Number=4949997#Post4949997

72 hours notice sent, 6/20 @ 9:30 CT.

Well I got a response from Ajaxfarrell on the 25th saying the whole thing slipped his mind, he was sorry and he would PP $30 to me immediately... the balance in 10 days or so. meh

So far... zip, zero, nada. Color me surprised.

Time to wish him into the corn field.

It%27s+a+good+life+TZ.jpg

So, can we add THoC to the HOS?

I hope they're added.

Okay, he/she is on the HOS. I hope I did it right.

From this point forward it might be a good idea to add links to the threads discussing a person's nomination to the Probation Thread. It would sure make it easier to understand why they're nominated and added.

Question: had a sales thread with a three-day Paypal payment stipulation (unless other arrangements are made before I'll Take It is posted). Buyer post a "gotta have it" (yes, not an "I'll Take It) and I PM him with details. PM is read, no response. Four days later, a reminder is sent and buyer is told books will be relisted if payment is not made that day. PM is read, no response.

Is there a way I should proceed, or can I proceed at all if I am relisting and/or not selling the books?

Question: had a sales thread with a three-day Paypal payment stipulation (unless other arrangements are made before I'll Take It is posted). Buyer post a "gotta have it" (yes, not an "I'll Take It) and I PM him with details. PM is read, no response. Four days later, a reminder is sent and buyer is told books will be relisted if payment is not made that day. PM is read, no response.

Is there a way I should proceed, or can I proceed at all if I am relisting and/or not selling the books?

Err...what's the question?

My 2c is that he committed to buy by saying gotta have it and reading/not responding to your multiple PM's. I would recommend him for PL and PM him that he is being recommended for PL and that to get off PL he should complete the transaction or make you whole if you sell the book for less (i.e. if you agreed to sell it for $180 and you relist and sell for $150 he owes you $30 bucks)

If you want to put him on the PL, I'm thinking the 30 day rule is still in effect. I can get with a seller listing their own timeframe for payment, and considering a deal void if that window is missed. But for the PL, we should stick to 30 days. There's just too much room for error in just three days.

Is this the purchase?

I see so many people swooning over each others books in modern sales threads that some of the language used/misused might be confusing to some - unless I see the little guy holding the sign I'd always confirm it in the thread.

If he'd posted it as a "I must have those" with this guy :frustrated: - then what is it?

Because I've seen that hundreds of times... (shrug)

Yeah, I'm not sure "I must have those" is tantamount to "I'll take it." Ignoring PMs is always annoying but the would-be buyer may just feel too timid to say, "Uhh, yeah, I wasn't really buying those."

So, I've never had to come to probation before, is this the thread where I would bring up an eBay non-paying bidder?

thudpounce

Based out of California, got angry when I actually expected him to pay for his ebay win in a timely manner.

After I blocked him from further bids, he's left retalitory negative feedback (that now can't be removed).

He finally paid for the item 2 weeks after it ended (and five days after I blocked him) to which I refunded and said that book was no longer available to him.

I wanted to post this in Comics General but another boardie suggested here first.

I just wanted to let others know of this egg so they would have the option to block him if they wished.

Thoughts?

Thanks Rich. I've added this guy to my eBay blocked bidders list which is now up to 38 people! :o

No wonder my eBay sales have sucked this year. A lot of people can't buy my stuff. lol

So, I've never had to come to probation before, is this the thread where I would bring up an eBay non-paying bidder?

thudpounce

Based out of California, got angry when I actually expected him to pay for his ebay win in a timely manner.

After I blocked him from further bids, he's left retalitory negative feedback (that now can't be removed).

He finally paid for the item 2 weeks after it ended (and five days after I blocked him) to which I refunded and said that book was no longer available to him.

I wanted to post this in Comics General but another boardie suggested here first.

I just wanted to let others know of this egg so they would have the option to block him if they wished.

Thoughts?

Thanks Rich. I've added this guy to my eBay blocked bidders list which is now up to 38 people! :o

No wonder my eBay sales have sucked this year. A lot of people can't buy my stuff. lol

I don't think that globally 38 people is a lot. Of course when you add up all their shill accounts that might be a third of the people on ebay. hm

lol

Is this the purchase?

I see so many people swooning over each others books in modern sales threads that some of the language used/misused might be confusing to some - unless I see the little guy holding the sign I'd always confirm it in the thread.

If he'd posted it as a "I must have those" with this guy :frustrated: - then what is it?

Because I've seen that hundreds of times... (shrug)

I started wondering about that, but after he read the first PM and didn't say anything, I figured it was his intention to buy. Otherwise he would have said something, I would think.

If you want to put him on the PL, I'm thinking the 30 day rule is still in effect. I can get with a seller listing their own timeframe for payment, and considering a deal void if that window is missed. But for the PL, we should stick to 30 days. There's just too much room for error in just three days.

Ok, I can understand that.

When I have a sales thread, I often do price reductions to promote quick sale of books and quick payments - which is why I stipulate the 3 day rule in my overall thread specifications. I don't mind even waiting for payment, but I also stipulate if that is the case, the buyer work it out with me ahead of time. And the reason for that is that I don't want to mark something down and wait 1-2 weeks for payment - because I could take those 1-2 weeks and attempt to sell it for regular price and get my full amount.

Like I told Sharon - I don't think the guy has to be nailed to a cross over a $40 sale - especially since no one is out anything other than time and inconvenience, but I was curious to what reprecussion there is (if any) to not following through on a sales thread and if there was some middle road between three days and 30 days.

I don't think I'll come back 30 days from now and nominate him to the PL because I'll just move on with life and give him ONE STAR on my personal star ratings list. :headbang: