• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

PROBATION DISCUSSIONS
21 21

36,203 posts in this topic

I am nominating MrDeafComics for the probation list based on the following:

Purchased a Spider-Man #1 CGC 9.8 (from this sales thread http://boards.collectors-society.com/ubbthreads.php?ubb=showflat&Main=316545&Number=7095382#Post7095382) and have not seen delivery of the book yet.

Timeline:

10/16 - Posted the :takeit: in reference to the Spider-man #1 CGC 9.8

10/17 - Paid in full for the book in question.

10/17 - MrDeafComics thanked me for payment and stated book would ship out on "Monday" with the rest. That would have put it with a ship date of 10/21

11/22 - MrDeafComics apologized for not having sent the book out as he had been busy and stated the book would ship out "within the week". Worst case scenario that pushes the ship date to 11/29.

12/5 - As of 1pm EST, a full 50 days after payment I still have not received the book.

12/5 - As of 2pm EST I notified MrDeafComics in a new/seperate PM that I would be bringing this to the "Probation Discussion Thread".

First time I have done this so let me know if any additional information is needed.

Thanks

did you know if anyone else who purchased on his thread received their books or have been in contact with him.

sorry to hear about this, I actually considered buying some books but the ones I wanted were already taken.

No, as of yet I haven't been in contact with anyone else that purchased from him. The only communication so far has been between us in PMs.

That was the thread I had bought from also. I received my items after nominating for PL it confuses me that if you had ordered from the same thread why you wouldnt have received your items at least when I got mine.

bababooey there is an easier way :0) Next to the title of the post (i.e. where it says Re: PROBATION DISCUSSIONS) there is a symbol that looks like a post it note with letter writting. Can't miss it. Right click it and click "Copy Shortcut" Then click paste. All done!

Thanks for that, I never knew how you guys did that so acurately, when I could only get somewhere near :blush:

bababooey there is an easier way :0) Next to the title of the post (i.e. where it says Re: PROBATION DISCUSSIONS) there is a symbol that looks like a post it note with letter writting. Can't miss it. Right click it and click "Copy Shortcut" Then click paste. All done!

Thanks for that, I never knew how you guys did that so acurately, when I could only get somewhere near :blush:

Dork.

Purchased a Spider-Man #1 CGC 9.8 (from this sales thread http://boards.collectors-society.com/ubbthreads.php?ubb=showflat&Main=316545&Number=7095382#Post7095382) and have not seen delivery of the book yet.

Timeline:

10/17 - MrDeafComics thanked me for payment and stated book would ship out on "Monday" with the rest. That would have put it with a ship date of 10/21

11/22 - MrDeafComics apologized for not having sent the book out as he had been busy and stated the book would ship out "within the week". Worst case scenario that pushes the ship date to 11/29.

12/5 - As of 1pm EST, a full 50 days after payment I still have not received the book.

12/5 - As of 2pm EST I notified MrDeafComics in a new/seperate PM that I would be bringing this to the "Probation Discussion Thread".

First time I have done this so let me know if any additional information is needed.

Thanks

did you know if anyone else who purchased on his thread received their books or have been in contact with him.

sorry to hear about this, I actually considered buying some books but the ones I wanted were already taken.

No, as of yet I haven't been in contact with anyone else that purchased from him. The only communication so far has been between us in PMs.

Obviously, since paying through Amazon offers little to no support for buyers who get ripped off, this also needs to be added to the list of payment options that can't be asked for on the boards. Much like Paypal personal, paying through Amazon leaves the buyer high and dry if the seller decides to take the money and run. :facepalm:

Timeline:

Thanks

That was the thread I had bought from also. I received my items after nominating for PL it confuses me that if you had ordered from the same thread why you wouldnt have received your items at least when I got mine.

jop, when did you get your book(s)?

Dork.

(tsk) Get it right, its British Dork, okay

Timeline:

Thanks

Obviously, since paying through Amazon offers little to no support for buyers who get ripped off, this also needs to be added to the list of payment options that can't be asked for on the boards. Much like Paypal personal, paying through Amazon leaves the buyer high and dry if the seller decides to take the money and run. :facepalm:

I would think Google Wallet needs to also be added as well, since it too does not afford any buyer protection. Either that, or just mandate that paypal be the only acceptable form of e-payment?

there's no paypal personal allowed because of legal reasons, not because of the lack of protection. Protection is up to you. Mailing cash is not prohibited here, but is not wise.

I don't know much about google wallet or amazon admittedly.

Does it just require a majority vote?

I'd hope that 80% would be enough to add him. lol

Especially considering that the majority of the "no" voters could just use PM's to get their cool books from him.

To the matter of the lie about his father’s death… I personally do not believe Tony is lying about his father fighting cancer at the moment or his father being in the military. Since I started talking to Tony, even before he joined this forum we would discuss how both our fathers served in Vietnam. If he did lie about his fathers service then he has been lying to me this whole time with no reason to do so and he has more serious problems going on then “scamming” or “delaying” buyers or whatever….

But alas, I do find lying about his fathers death just as messed up as everyone else and plan on asking him personally WTF he was thinking!

Maybe you can answer - does he also have a sibling with Down Syndrome, or is that just another lie by this piece of mess?